I would love/rather (Embiid > Siakam)

sillent

I would love to miss out on getting Siakam entirely and would rather get an Embiid when he inevitably ask for a trade.

Embiid is a game changer and if we got Trae, Murray and Embiid it would be more understandable to trade some of our youth.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sillent said:

I would love to miss out on getting Siakam entirely and would rather get an Embiid when he inevitably ask for a trade.

Embiid is a game changer and if we got Trae, Murray and Embiid it would be more understandable to trade some of our youth.

th?id=OIP.2OnVWrdz6tmR6sm0HRvKjQHaE8&pid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I've never been a big fan of Embiid but he is a great player.  Problem is he's reaching an age where a 7 foot / 280+ pound guy with a history of foot and knee problems starts to become a risk.   Not saying i wouldn't want him though but i'm not convinced it's the right move for the Hawks. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sillent said:

Did you look 👀 at @thecampster paper 📄 on the other thread? The name the player you’d most wanna see wear a Hawks uni? Ya, he went “other” with Oel Jambleed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I've never been a big fan of Embiid but he is a great player.  Problem is he's reaching an age where a 7 foot / 280+ pound guy with a history of foot and knee problems starts to become a risk.   Not saying i wouldn't want him though but i'm not convinced it's the right move for the Hawks. 

I am.  I'm sayin it.  I'll say it for you.  You're welcome. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah you're right.  I definitely don't want to be watching a stumbling old dude roll around on the floor for $60 million/year.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Repost alert ....

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah you're right.  I definitely don't want to be watching a stumbling old dude roll around on the floor for $60 million/year.  

Not to mention him falling into and injuring other teammates. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sillent said:

what do you think it would cost us?   I need a good laugh.

• Haha 2

Which one has won a championship?

• Like 2

lol no

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You’re ridin high today huh.. woooo weeeee.. not a care in the world 🌎, dayum I wish I was in the cul de to pants 👖 you right quick. :huh:

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Which one has won a championship?

This seems like a deliberately misleading question.  Here is how Siakam compared against his teammates for productivity during the playoffs when Kawhi led them to a ring:

image.png

He had fewer than half as many win shares as Kawhi and was nestled between Lowry (2.8) and Gasol (2.3) and closer to Gasol with his 2.4 total win shares.  On a per minute basis, he was much closer to Ibaka and Powell than he was to Kawhi.

Now @kg01 is completely right that Embiid has underperformed in the playoffs.  There is no arguing that.  But he has still outperformed Siakam's playoff record other than when teams were keying on Kawhi and leaving him a lot more freedom to operate.  

image.png

There are good reasons to push back on the idea of Embiid but Siakam having been there when Kawhi carried them to a ring isn't one of them, imo.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

This seems like a deliberately misleading question.  Here is how Siakam compared against his teammates for productivity during the playoffs when Kawhi led them to a ring:

image.png

He had fewer than half as many win shares as Kawhi and was nestled between Lowry (2.8) and Gasol (2.3) and closer to Gasol with his 2.4 total win shares.  On a per minute basis, he was much closer to Ibaka and Powell than he was to Kawhi.

Now @kg01 is completely right that Embiid has underperformed in the playoffs.  There is no arguing that.  But he has still outperformed Siakam's playoff record other than when teams were keying on Kawhi and leaving him a lot more freedom to operate.  

image.png

There are good reasons to push back on the idea of Embiid but Siakam having been there when Kawhi carried them to a ring isn't one of them, imo.

Not to mention Gasol was a load, Ibaka was a problem and Lowry was quite a few cheeseburgers thinner.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1