• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man, you're at the watering hole, macd.  Why wontchu drink?  I've said similar things about Carlisle living off a lightly-earned rep.  He's atleast resurrected a good so-far season for IND.  Although I don't expect them to fare well when the real bullets start flying either. 

And GLLLLenn "doing well" is a product if him constantly being gifted talented rosters.  The fact that they always falter is evidence that he's not up to the task when he actually has to affect winning. 

Hatin' on Rivers is a passion project for me macd, my vitriol isn't aimed at you (for now... 😏

Doc has had a list a mile long of Allstar/MVP type players that would make most coaches blush.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man, you're at the watering hole, macd.  Why wontchu drink?  I've said similar things about Carlisle living off a lightly-earned rep.  He's atleast resurrected a good so-far season for IND.  Although I don't expect them to fare well when the real bullets start flying either. 

And GLLLLenn "doing well" is a product if him constantly being gifted talented rosters.  The fact that they always falter is evidence that he's not up to the task when he actually has to affect winning. 

Hatin' on Rivers is a passion project for me macd, my vitriol isn't aimed at you (for now... 😏

I don't mind.  He's such an jerk as a coach i can't spend much time defending him.  Biggest ref whiner in the league really.  Even little Austin knows it

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
On 1/14/2024 at 3:02 PM, Wretch said:

Too often, I think we forget the human side of the whole game. These aren't robots that have 100% predictable binary responses. They're not parts that you can just swap in and out. There is very much a mental aspect of this game that IMO affects things moreso than anything else. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39383254/mavs-luka-doncic-asks-security-eject-heckling-fan-loss-suns

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Adrian Griffin speaks about his firing:

“I appreciate the opportunity the Bucks gave me,” Griffin told Bleacher Report’s Chris Haynes in an interview. “You can’t control everything. I feel good about the job we did. I appreciate my coaching staff for all their hard work.”

“I always wanted to be a head coach in this league,” Griffin told Haynes. “I couldn’t have asked for a better roster. I got to coach Giannis, [Damian Lillard], Khris [Middleton], Brook [Lopez]. Dream come true. Hopefully I get another shot at it, but overall, I’m just thankful.”

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Adrian Griffin speaks about his firing:

“I appreciate the opportunity the Bucks gave me,” Griffin told Bleacher Report’s Chris Haynes in an interview. “You can’t control everything. I feel good about the job we did. I appreciate my coaching staff for all their hard work.”

“I always wanted to be a head coach in this league,” Griffin told Haynes. “I couldn’t have asked for a better roster. I got to coach Giannis, [Damian Lillard], Khris [Middleton], Brook [Lopez]. Dream come true. Hopefully I get another shot at it, but overall, I’m just thankful.”

That is a very classy statement.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is a very classy statement.  

Especially when the organization brought in Rivers to consult with and help Griffin grow as a coach ... then fired him and hired the consultant.

And GLLLLenn is a full grown snake for that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

5 days later . . . .

The facts are that the Hawks should've sold completely out, to get this guy.

If it didn't work. we were going into rebuild mode any way.

Now . . . we may not only go into rebuild mode, we might have to go into TOTAL rebuild mode, because we flat out FAILED to pair Trae with another star. 

Siakam is what we want JJ to be in 2 years.

I wish Jaylen Brown played for us.

His thinking, personality, the way he Carrie’s himself on and off the court, I love this dude and he should NOT be a Celtic. 

Traditional Celts he isn’t one of them. Love his tude tho.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

5 days later . . . .

How dare you keep receipts on me, cyde.  I thought we was boys? 😥

:Bob: Ain't no love in these streets, kg. 

38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I wish Jaylen Brown played for us.

His thinking, personality, the way he Carrie’s himself on and off the court, I love this dude and he should NOT be a Celtic. 

Traditional Celts he isn’t one of them. Love his tude tho.

All facts.  Just shows how FAKE Hasbeen-lam is. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:07 PM, kg01 said:

1. I can't stand this fake-a** Ernie Johnson they put on TNT Tuesday.  Hate him.  He's like Malika Andrews, being force-fed to us.  Yuk.

2. Can we stop with the sneakers with suit thing?  We get it.  It's not clever anymore.  Get over yourself.

3. If you have to fire a coach not only in the 1st year but before the freaking allstar break, you need to be fired too.

4. How many chances we gonna give GLLLLenn off his one actual successful season? 

I’m looking at this fool now.  With so much social media you would think style memos would spread more quickly.  I never done fashion trends outside of the 1,000 hip hop brands of the late 90s but you would think the sneaker and suits thing would’ve been played years ago.  I thought skinny jeans would be a one year phenomenon, unfortunately they’re here to stay ☹️

Can yall imagine ... just imagine what the eggsperts would say if Trae missed a buncha games due to injury then complained about possibly not being eligible for awards due to the 65 games-played rule.

Can yall imagine what kind of selfish, self-centered, money-driven/not wins-driven insults he'd be getting after saying something as tone deaf as that?

I bet no player would be so shallow as to complain about something like that.... 

Keep that same energy, eggsperts.  That's all I ask. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Can yall imagine ... just imagine what the eggsperts would say if Trae missed a buncha games due to injury then complained about possibly not being eligible for awards due to the 65 games-played rule.

Can yall imagine what kind of selfish, self-centered, money-driven/not wins-driven insults he'd be getting after saying something as tone deaf as that?

I bet no player would be so shallow as to complain about something like that.... 

Keep that same energy, eggsperts.  That's all I ask. 

Saw an article on this basically saying that the owners will just pocket the savings but I think that probably isn't right.  Teams tend to spend up to a budgeted amount and when they are trying to win they spend pretty much all of what they can.  If he ends up on a lower paying contract, that probably means the Pacers spend more money elsewhere.  

I also don't think the rule is a terrible one.  You already have certain requirements and this is actually a more objective one.  Any team put together with voting is subject to more variation outside of the player's control whether you are talking All-Star or All-NBA or anything else.  For example, MVP is one way of satisfying the requirements and we've seen numerous MVP awards go to people who weren't the most valuable player that season.  Sometimes because voters want something new, sometimes because they like chasing a particular story...whatever.  At the end of the day, I think guys like Jordan, LeBron, Shaq, etc. end up getting shorted because they might be the best player every year for a decade but voters are going to give half those awards to other people for whatever reason they come up with to avoid having the same guy win it over and over.  We've seen probably even more craziness with other voting.  Asking a player to play less than half the game in less than 80% of games to be eligible for premium awards, etc. isn't necessary but it also isn't that unreasonable.  For the players as a whole, I'm not sure they will be up in arms about it.  Hali may get excluded but someone else takes his place and may benefit from it that wouldn't otherwise making it a wash economically for players as a whole.  (Hali just as easily could have benefited from someone like Curry getting injured and opening up a spot for him.)