• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not only are we winning but we are kicking ass like I have never seen before.

Wurider05

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

We won the Wizards game by 9 and that has been our smallest margin of victory so far this year. I have never seen us consistently kick ass like this. Honestly, the wins are looking effortless in the 2nd half of these games. These guys are relentless on offensive and defense. 

It feels good to see us punching down in most of our games.  As @kg01 said elsewhere, it's good that we haven't reverted back to some of our bad habits when we were down in games.  As our Consistency, confidence, and cohesion continues, we will be very hard to beat. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I like using popcornmachine.net to see our rotations visually.  Normally, you can see cookie cutter rotation patterns, if a coach is used to subbing out guys at certain points in a game.  Most coaches may sub out guys in the same pattern in the 1st half, but change it up in the 2nd half.

In the game vs Minnesota, Quin played DJ almost 27 minutes straight from around the 8:30 mark of the 2nd quarter, to around the 6:45 mark of the 4th quarter.  That means in the 2nd half alone, he played a stretch around 18 - 19 minutes, before briefly coming out of the game.  He logged almost 40 minutes in that game.

The big thing is that when DJ got hot in the 3rd quarter, Quin did not take him out of the game.  Even Trae alluded that he normally finishes the 3rd quarter, but there was no need to put him back in the game when DJ was that hot.  That's not only showing maturity from our superstar, it's showing that our coach also understood what was going on.  Quin also extended the minutes of Okongwu during that same stretch, as well as Jalen Johnson.

image.thumb.png.b984ed9fec4c98c5cf366dfcea4e2dd5.png

I love this because Nate was so entrenched with his rotations we would go away from hot hands too often. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

We won the Wizards game by 9 and that has been our smallest margin of victory so far this year. I have never seen us consistently kick ass like this. Honestly, the wins are looking effortless in the 2nd half of these games. These guys are relentless on offensive and defense. 

Even that Wizards win should have been by 30. We blow the hell outta that lead. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I like using popcornmachine.net to see our rotations visually.  Normally, you can see cookie cutter rotation patterns, if a coach is used to subbing out guys at certain points in a game.  Most coaches may sub out guys in the same pattern in the 1st half, but change it up in the 2nd half.

In the game vs Minnesota, Quin played DJ almost 27 minutes straight from around the 8:30 mark of the 2nd quarter, to around the 6:45 mark of the 4th quarter.  That means in the 2nd half alone, he played a stretch around 18 - 19 minutes, before briefly coming out of the game.  He logged almost 40 minutes in that game.

The big thing is that when DJ got hot in the 3rd quarter, Quin did not take him out of the game.  Even Trae alluded that he normally finishes the 3rd quarter, but there was no need to put him back in the game when DJ was that hot.  That's not only showing maturity from our superstar, it's showing that our coach also understood what was going on.  Quin also extended the minutes of Okongwu during that same stretch, as well as Jalen Johnson.

image.thumb.png.b984ed9fec4c98c5cf366dfcea4e2dd5.png

Beautiful.  Love seeing this after the past 2 seasons.  The reason Nate was so religious about his rotations was because he had no real offense and just needed the same dudes out there used to playing with each other.  What Quin has guys doing on the court is interchangeable and everyone is gelling out there, regardless of what combination of players take the floor.  Really good stuff -- hope we keep it up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We ran some other actions but nothing that was successful like spamming the 1/5 PnR

That Sasser kid from Houston is kicking arse. Remember him dropping in the draft. Crap that was random AF my bad I need to put that ish into the draft thread but ya…

We are kicking butt because we actually have a game plan and stick to it. 

If I could erase two things it would be Nate and Sean Wright’s foot 🦶 from our recent history. 🤦‍♀️