• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

He won't hold that over my head will he? 

I was searching for my post that that mods removed I believe calling it about a year ago, they changed the title and now I can’t find it but for many that know me I’ve been advocating for OG my boy in the 2017 draft and Siakam forever now..

So short answer is hell yes, you and others I got a list here. I just took @SalvorMallow off though cuz cool 😎 

image.gif.a752a8d4060528abce674472f9cccd91.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, yungsta said:

His track record of staying healthy is abysmal

Games played over the last 4 seasons 🤢

19-20 season - 24

20-21 season - 61

21-22 season - ZERO

22-23 season - 29

Fax.

People, at one point last year, Zion and Lebron had missed the same total career games to injury. 

Only, lebron had played 20 years to Zion's 4.  Let that sink in. 

It's not nothing.  And it's not 'just' him tryna leave NOP. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I was searching for my post that that mods removed I believe calling it about a year ago, they changed the title and now I can’t find it but for many that know me I’ve been advocating for OG my boy in the 2017 draft and Siakam forever now..

So short answer is hell yes, you and others I got a list here. I just took @SalvorMallow off though cuz cool 😎 

Haha, there he is.  I'm ready, squd.  If it happens, you better make it hurt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wasn't the title change the Jae Crowder thread though? From Jae Crowder is a Hawk to....

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

I think Siakam will end up in Sacramento. Kings are finally relevant and will go for a big trade to stay that way.

OG to the Hawks. 

What would you be willing to trade for him as an upcoming UFA? How much will you pay him in the offseason to keep him? His 30% max starts at $42 million in year 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Siakam or bust!

I'm tired of other teams getting talented players, but Hawks fans talking themselves out of one because he may have a few flaws.

And it happens every single time.

A Siakam trade does not concern me, because more than likely this team is going to have to be busted up again, just to get the right balance in here.

To me, it's a win - win.

If we trade for Siakam, and he works out wonderfully and leads to a deep playoff run, the Hawks SHOULD sign him to a big deal.  That's the type of player you go into the tax for.

If we trade for Siakam, and he turns out to be meh, leading to another play-in / 1st round exit, you let him walk and use the cap room to retool the roster.

Give me this level of a player on the front line all day.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

I'm really nervous about Siakim's terrible 3pt shooting, hes shooting 21%(!!!) this season. If we trade Hunter for Siakim, we are going to have very poor spacing with he and Capella being complete non-shooters. I feel like this trade would make the game harder for Trae and Murray on many of our current actions since Siakim's defender will be able to sag way off of him.

Same here.

i don’t mind a Siakam deal but I’m not sure we are trading away the right player.

im sure I’m alone on this but I think Murray should be the player traded. We are too worried about positional basketball when we really only need to be worried about how we are going to win.

The only positions that matter is PG and Center.

SG, SF, PF are all interchangeable in this new nba era.

i don’t hate Murray by any means….i just think with us having such a small back court the only way it’s going to work is if we have a very long and physical front court so we can really have an advantage of a Trae & Murray backcourt.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Call it a day..

Trae/Forrest

Murray/Bogi

OG/AJ

Siakam/JJ

OO/?G league

IMG_1854.jpeg

I don't hate it if they are both committed to resigning. Will OO step up as the starting center? I'd love him to get more comfy with the 3 point shot.

We would have to pick up a center with the MLE or TPE. Any you have in mind? I wish we could get Zubac with the TPE.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I don't hate it if they are both committed to resigning. Will OO step up as the starting center? I'd love him to get more comfy with the 3 point shot.

We would have to pick up a center with the MLE or TPE. Any you have in mind? I wish we could get Zubac with the TPE.

The better question is will Messy Ressy pay up? These are the salaries for these guys next season.

Trae - $43

DJ - $25

OG - $42

Pascal - $42

OO - $14 mil

Bogi - $17 mil

That's $183 mil next season for 6 players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What would you be willing to trade for him as an upcoming UFA? How much will you pay him in the offseason to keep him? His 30% max starts at $42 million in year 1.

My only untouchables at this point are Trae and JJ. 

I'm convinced that the Trae & DJM backcourt isn't going to work so I'm *regrettably* okay trading DJM for the right price.

We have to make the most of our FRP this year before SAS controls our next 3. If that means shedding good players to maximize that FRP (DJM, Dre, and Cap), I'm okay with that. Maybe we get lucky in the lotto and shed some salary along the way to get a guy like Nick Claxton in free agency. Maybe DeRozan has 3 good years left or PG13 or Kawhi opt out. Give me a good draft pick and flexibility in free agency to try and right this ship in the off season before we have to pay up to SAS. Only really need a 3 year run out of these guys.

I wouldn't mind Trae, OG, JJ, maybe OO and go into the draft with a good pick and free agency with some money to spend.

• Like 2