• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

Saikam.  Hard time with salaries.  I don't know the Hawks players but we can guess by numbers.  I figure Hunter, Griffith, and Patty.  I think TOR wants JJ in any deal.  

The Hunter, Griffin, Patty (matching salary) is the same deal from this past summer.

Of course they now want JJ 🙄 . Pass.

So is it that the OWNER doesn't want to pay Siakam on an extended deal?  Because we still remain under the tax this year with the reported deal from the summer. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Hunter, Griffin, Patty (matching salary) is the same deal from this past summer.

So is it that the OWNER doesn't want to pay Siakam on an extended deal?  Because we still remain under the tax this year with the reported deal from the summer. 

There are so many moving parts needed to get that deal done even aside from Ressler balking and Masai being a PITA. It seems unlikely at this point. Raptors gonna sit on their hands until offseason.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

I’m struggling to see where we can get elite defensive players that are actively close to being on the market. 

OG and Caruso would be the best combo of pickups for this team with what’s available. If we could somehow get a Herb Jones or JJJ type too that’s what we need.

We need to swap out 3 players for 3 defensive studs.

• Premium Member

Just wait on JJ to get back if you can't find a cheap deal that will bring us in some defensive/rebounding help.   Even if we had it, Quin has got to play it.   I think that's a bigger issue right now than having it. 

• Premium Member
On 11/30/2023 at 11:27 AM, Spud2nique said:

, I posted the Jerami Grant thing earlier from BR or wherever but it doesn’t mean I’m down with it.Not sure if he makes a huge difference.

I've been thinking more and more about this trade:

De'Andre Hunter and Patty Mills for Jerami Grant.

Portland gets the younger Hunter to grow with their young team and they get out of Grant's long term deal and save money going forward.

Hawks get more athleticism, hustle and ball handling, a more dynamic player. Not sure what Grant's defense looks like these days, his rebounding is similar to Hunter's though. Shootingb40.7% from 3. I don't think he's played SF in awhile but don't really care at the moment. Maybe he can be our psuedo 'Aaron Gordon' where he can excel in a more limited role as opposed to a top end scorer on a bad team.

He would cost $10 million less than Siakam this season and $13 million less next season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes he doesn't want to pay 2 huge salaries.  

• Thanks 1

Ultimate Trade Season Cheat Sheet

Atlanta Hawks

Buyers or Sellers: Buyers, with an open mind toward selling. (#CheckTheStandingzzz)

• Untouchable Players:
  • Onyeka Okongwu (poison pill);
  • ...maybe Trae Young (:blanky: it's blech-er report)

• Notable Trade Assets:
  • Saddiq Bey (expiring at $4.6 million; restricted free agent this summer);
  • Bogdan Bogdanović (three years, $49.9 million; player option for 2026-27);
  • Kobe Bufkin (three years, $15.7 million);
  • A.J. Griffin (two years, $9.9 million);
  • De'Andre Hunter (three years, $69.9 million);
  • Jalen Johnson (one year, $4.5 million);
  • Dejounte Murray (four years, $114.2 million; trade-eligible on Jan. 9)

Notable Traded Player Exceptions: $23 million (via John Collins trade; expires Jul. 😎
Notable Inbound Draft Picks: Sacramento's 2024 first-round pick (lottery protection in 2024; top-12 protection in 2025; top-10 protection in 2026; turns into 2026 and 2027 seconds if not conveyed); Minnesota's 2025 second-round pick; Memphis' 2026 second-round pick (protected Nos. 43 to 60); L.A. Clippers 2027 second-round pick; Houston's 2028 second-round pick
Notable Outbound Draft Picks: 2024 second-round pick to Portland; 2025 first-round pick to San Antonio; 2025 second-round pick to Oklahoma City (protected Nos. 31 to 40) or Portland (protected Nos. 41 to 59); 2026 first-round pick to San Antonio (swap rights); 2027 first-round pick to San Antonio; 2027 second-round pick to Boston; 2028 second-round pick to Golden State; 2029 second-round pick to Oklahoma City

• Best Salary-Matching Assets:
  • Clint Capela (one year, $22.3 million);
  • Patty Mills (expiring at $6.8 million)
  • Toughest Player to Move:
  • Clint Capela (one year, $22.3 million)
  • Most Likely Player to Be Traded:
  • Saddiq Bey

Salary-Cap Situation at a Glance: $9.7 million below the tax

• Biggest Need(s)

•  
  •  
  • Upgrading the perimeter defense, either in the starting lineup or in multiple spots across the bench, should register as the Atlanta Hawks' most pressing aim.
  • Another combo big is fine, but they need that player to not cost Jalen Johnson and be a rim-protecting and rebounding upgrade over the Clint Capela-Onyeka Okongwu combination.

• Realistic Trade Targets:
  • OG Anunoby;
  • Jae'Sean Tate;
  • Patrick Williams

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10101090-brs-ultimate-nba-trade-season-cheat-sheet-for-every-team

Getting OG and Patrick Williams both sounds perfect

Ultimate Trade Season Cheat Sheet

Atlanta Hawks

Buyers or Sellers: Buyers, with an open mind toward selling. (#CheckTheStandingzzz)

• Untouchable Players:
  • Onyeka Okongwu (poison pill);
  • ...maybe Trae Young (:blanky: it's blech-er report)

• Notable Trade Assets:
  • Saddiq Bey (expiring at $4.6 million; restricted free agent this summer);
  • Bogdan Bogdanović (three years, $49.9 million; player option for 2026-27);
  • Kobe Bufkin (three years, $15.7 million);
  • A.J. Griffin (two years, $9.9 million);
  • De'Andre Hunter (three years, $69.9 million);
  • Jalen Johnson (one year, $4.5 million);
  • Dejounte Murray (four years, $114.2 million; trade-eligible on Jan. 9)

Notable Traded Player Exceptions: $23 million (via John Collins trade; expires Jul. 😎
Notable Inbound Draft Picks: Sacramento's 2024 first-round pick (lottery protection in 2024; top-12 protection in 2025; top-10 protection in 2026; turns into 2026 and 2027 seconds if not conveyed); Minnesota's 2025 second-round pick; Memphis' 2026 second-round pick (protected Nos. 43 to 60); L.A. Clippers 2027 second-round pick; Houston's 2028 second-round pick
Notable Outbound Draft Picks: 2024 second-round pick to Portland; 2025 first-round pick to San Antonio; 2025 second-round pick to Oklahoma City (protected Nos. 31 to 40) or Portland (protected Nos. 41 to 59); 2026 first-round pick to San Antonio (swap rights); 2027 first-round pick to San Antonio; 2027 second-round pick to Boston; 2028 second-round pick to Golden State; 2029 second-round pick to Oklahoma City

• Best Salary-Matching Assets:
  • Clint Capela (one year, $22.3 million);
  • Patty Mills (expiring at $6.8 million)
  • Toughest Player to Move:
  • Clint Capela (one year, $22.3 million)
  • Most Likely Player to Be Traded:
  • Saddiq Bey

Salary-Cap Situation at a Glance: $9.7 million below the tax

• Biggest Need(s)

•  
  •  
  • Upgrading the perimeter defense, either in the starting lineup or in multiple spots across the bench, should register as the Atlanta Hawks' most pressing aim.
  • Another combo big is fine, but they need that player to not cost Jalen Johnson and be a rim-protecting and rebounding upgrade over the Clint Capela-Onyeka Okongwu combination.

• Realistic Trade Targets:
  • OG Anunoby;
  • Jae'Sean Tate;
  • Patrick Williams

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10101090-brs-ultimate-nba-trade-season-cheat-sheet-for-every-team

I'd be good with any or all three of those targets. Noted a few weeks ago Tate should be a target (and OG). 

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I'd be good with any or all three of those targets. Noted a few weeks ago Tate should be a target (and OG). 

Back when Harden to Houston was all the rage with the possibility of CC joining him.

On 5/14/2023 at 11:58 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

If the Harden back to Houston is a thing:

CC ($21)  for Garuba ($2.5) and #20.

Wonder if we can also get Tate ($6.5) or Martin Jr ($1.9). (Will require releasing some combination of Bruno, Vit, Mathues to stay under the tax).

Then if needed combine #15 and #20 to move up in draft. How far can we move up, and/or is it worth it to move up or just pick at #15 and #20?

Oh well. Houston didn't want him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Getting OG and Patrick Williams both sounds perfect

What are you willing to offer for both in trade?

How much are you willing to pay in offseadon. OG is a FA, Williams is a RFA. Williams and Bulls couldn't agree to early extension:

ESPN’s senior writer Zach Lowe reported that Williams “wants big, big number contract for next season.”

“I’m hearing Patrick Williams wants big, big numbers for his next contract… like, starts with a 2 and isn’t $20M,” Lowe said in a recent episode of his popular podcast, The Lowe Post.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Yes he doesn't want to pay 2 huge salaries.  

So what's the plan then besides nibbling at the edges? 

We were all pleased with DJ's below market deal starting next season at $27 million (vs a posdible max at $42 mil) which would help in going after the 'big fish'...but if they are unwilling they've definitely given us a 6 for a 9. :blanky:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GameTime said:

I like Lauri but he may cost too much. Give me Jerami Grant for cheap at this point over Siakam. Might can actually get picks and value instead of getting fleeced by Masai. Fits Jalen much better because he can play SF and shoot. Also, 30 million seems more movable than the 50+ for Siakam (though I dislike both contracts).

What is the purpose of getting Jerami Grant? 

image.thumb.png.be73b8182f98a83808de46fb3dc88f98.png

Are we trying to add ANOTHER smallish combo forward that can't ( or won't ) rebound?

Jerami is a better shooting version of 12.  But shooting is all he does.  He doesn't rebound, or pass well enough to make his teammates better.

Meanwhile, Siakam is a 6-8 guy that is the size of Bruno, but may be the best transition big in the league.

image.thumb.png.6c4c78390df6d7fdb895d467e9cea4c0.png

Siakam has all around talents that has enabled him to make 2 All-NBA teams.

Jerami Grant would struggle to make an All-Pacific Division team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

@TheNorthCydeRises

Siakam is a high usage player who has to have the ball to be effective.   Nobody is running to see what he and Trae would look like playing together. 

We don’t need to score more points. We have a highly efficient offense right now. We don’t need Trae complimenting peices.

we need bruisers and bad boys like right now. We need like 3 Draymonds because this team is soft.

Nobody ever looks at defensive players that fit. 

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

We don’t need to score more points. We have a highly efficient offense right now. We don’t need Trae complimenting peices.

we need bruisers and bad boys like right now. We need like 3 Draymonds because this team is soft.

Nobody ever looks at defensive players that fit. 

That's not the right answer either.   We need guys who can rebound and who are defensively aware.   I'm hoping JJ comes back soon because he's both of those things.  I don't trust Dre with much but I don't see anybody taking on 3 years 69 Million unless we take on something just as bad.   So we're stuck with him. 

If we could get JJ back and replace Dre with somebody who is supposed to be able to do what Dre is supposed to be able to do, we would be in a good place.   But even with Dre... If we could get Dre to be more aware of team defense and to toughen the hell up...   Now @theheroatl don't think I totally disagree wit you... I would like 1 bruising player... But I think we have that...

Bruno.

Our biggest woe (IMO) is getting Quin to be confident playing some of our guys in different combinations. 

Since Clint is down, we should scour the 10day contracts to see if we can find one bruiser with size for a 10 day.

I like Kenny Lofton Jr. if he is let go.

Maybe give JaMychal Green a call.

or even Wenyen Gabriel .

I’m down for trading for rentals and clearing the books in the offseason.

If we somehow can get off Dre and CC’s contracts, we can get under the actual salary cap, sign a FA outright and extend JJ this offseason. Everything else is roster filler.

Trae, DJ, Bogi, JJ, OO + FA would be your core pieces going forward.

I get OO looks bad lately but OO next to JJ has been an elite duo. JJ’s emergence as a starter has limited the actual game minutes these two have played together, but going back to last season, they are a dominant pairing. 

We could go after a true hard nosed 3-D Forward, and a rugged big man. 

• Like 1