• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

10 hours ago, Sothron said:

Murray, Capela, Hunter, AJ...I can keep going. There's definitely good matches between both teams if they wanted to go that way.

If the Pels move Zion they need a power forward to replace him.  Much like the Hawks, perhaps moreso, they have a dearth of big men.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lmaooo 

Ingram ain't available. Only C.J. is and Ingram is the main one they want to keep in NO right now. That said, Zion isn't available right now 

A man can dream.   I'd love to see CJ on the Hawks but not at his current salary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 12/27/2023 at 3:43 PM, NBASupes said:

I haven't heard anything negative from DJ on Atlanta or his relationship with the organization or with Trae. 

I haven't even heard any real reason why Atlanta his officially put him on the block. 

Is DJ OFFICIALLY on the block by the Hawks OR  is it more so that teams are calling (and the Hawks are listening) regarding his availability since  we aren't winning games? @Sothron?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

From what I was told the more recent Pels/hawks discussions are more about Murray for their young guys and one of the firsts they have from previous trades. Basically the Pels want to do a consolidation trade with us for Murray. 

Names being used our Herb Jones and Trey Murphy III. NO moves Murray back to PG. We get two good young players in return and a first. 

I like it... what concerns me is those guys will need to be paid soon and I don't think they'd take the "loyalty" discount that DJ did. I'd feel we need 2 1sts to make it fair. DJ is significantly better than both of them. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They are listening to offers on him and telling teams he's available for the right price but the price is high. 

Hawks are basically in the "everyone on the table but Trae and JJ" mode now.

My biggest question:  Is Quin on board with this?

My biggest concern:  if this is the direction, make it so. Don't have this all out there and then do NOTHING!  It will only decrease the player value further in the next cycle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They are listening to offers on him and telling teams he's available for the right price but the price is high. 

Hawks are basically in the "everyone on the table but Trae and JJ" mode now.

How high is high?  Would Jones, Murphy, Alvarado, and the Lakers unprotected 24 first be acceptable to the Hawks?  Or are they looking for a legit all star player in return for Murray?  

Edited by REHawksFan