• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Yeah true, that's why the straight up offensive SLOUCH Haliburton actually takes less catch and shoot attempts than Trae. (1.9 vs 2)

Or what about Luka? He sucks at offense right? He has 2.1 catch and shoot attempts per game. 

Your boy Devin Booker who you covet for offense is taking LESS catch and shoot attempts than Trae. (1.9)

Jalen Brunson, Anthony Edwards, Shaeden Sharpe, James Harden, and Jalen Green are all within .5 CNS attempts per game. 

Ball dominant guards don't play off ball. It's not just Trae, it's all of them. The guys you see taking a bunch of CNS are the ones that aren't elite creators like Derek White, Dennis Schröder, Coby White, etc. 

I agree with the sentiment of your post but it's probably worth noting most of Trae's catch and shoot opportunities are 30 foot three point bombs.  It's not evidence of him doing anything off ball.

14 hours ago, JTB said:

Capela may yes but when Bogi is in the right system he clearly flourishes. It’s really tough to me to trade Bogi at this point.

most are overlooking his value due to the injuries. Bogi is not only playing better cause of his health. He’s also playing better because of the perfect Fit in this offense.

Bogi has a flashing green light in this offense.

That also causes him to take extremely rushed shots at times.

If it's Bogi, he's tired of riding the bench during crunch time.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

17 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

But if he is making ~40% of those wouldn’t it be a good shot?

Yes, definitely!

3 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I've actually seen Trae do some give and gos this year with Clint and a bit of 2 man action with DJ. He's doing some stuff off the ball. I'd like to see him work on some 2 man sets with JJ since they are both strong passers. I think JJs injury has hampered their chemistry and opportunity. He's really the only player in the front court that can run any sort of inside-out action.

Yeah, he has done some more stuff off ball, but I am assuming DJ thought he would be functioning as the primary ball handler more than he has been when Trae is on the court.  I think there was either a miscommunication or a misunderstanding of them pairing up.  Oh well, DJ isn't some negative asset so we should get back good value for him and take another path.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yes, definitely!

Yeah, he has done some more stuff off ball, but I am assuming DJ thought he would be functioning as the primary ball handler more than he has been when Trae is on the court.  I think there was either a miscommunication or a misunderstanding of them pairing up.  Oh well, DJ isn't some negative asset so we should get back good value for him and take another path.

If he did, he is deluded. It's the equivalent of me being pissed that Max Verstappen won't let me take the wheel for a couple laps at the Vegas Grand Prix. Trae is so much better than DJ with the ball in his hands that it would be a huge negative impact to the team. DJ should be a 2nd option/outlet creation type of player. He isn't a primary creator IMO.

That being said, the frontcourt is the problem. If we get some ballers in the frontcourt, everything else will work out.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I think you’re misinterpreting my post.  Im not suggesting he has thin skin(?)

I'm suggesting based on everything we've seem he's already asked out, and thats why the FO is already shopping him.  That doesn't have anything to do with him being thin skinned— hes probably asking out because he sees what everyone else sees, which is this isnt working.  

To me, that's having thin skin.  Dude has barely played 100 games on the Hawks and he wants out?. I hope that is false.

We're nowhere near out of the playoffs yet.  The team goes through a little adversity and people just give up?

Collins was in trade rumors for 4 straight years, but kept grinding.  Trae has been blasted in the media from Day 1, but keeps grinding.  But other people wilt and fold when their name comes up?

Maybe that's why this team is so soft physically.  They're mentally soft.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

Yeah true, that's why the straight up offensive SLOUCH Haliburton actually takes less catch and shoot attempts than Trae. (1.9 vs 2)

Or what about Luka? He sucks at offense right? He has 2.1 catch and shoot attempts per game. 

Your boy Devin Booker who you covet for offense is taking LESS catch and shoot attempts than Trae. (1.9)

Jalen Brunson, Anthony Edwards, Shaeden Sharpe, James Harden, and Jalen Green are all within .5 CNS attempts per game. 

Ball dominant guards don't play off ball. It's not just Trae, it's all of them. The guys you see taking a bunch of CNS are the ones that aren't elite creators like Derek White, Dennis Schröder, Coby White, etc. 

Damn.  I knew I should've kept reading.  Because I was coming with these same numbers.

Thank you sir for this.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I agree with the sentiment of your post but it's probably worth noting most of Trae's catch and shoot opportunities are 30 foot three point bombs.  It's not evidence of him doing anything off ball.

38% shooting on 30+ ft 3 pointers, by the way.

It was above 40% from that range.

• Like 2