• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta could make about 2 trades. My belief is a Mills package and Capela. 

Hunter likely depends on Murray. 

Bogi is highly unlikely. 

for Who?

On 12/28/2023 at 7:50 AM, AHF said:

The Lakers and Knivks are always at the top of the list for trade rumors.  Every era it is the same.  It is because rumors involving them get more clicks and more money for those coming up with the rumors.  Doesn’t mean they are the most likely trade partners.

I hate them both.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

We're going from sellers to buyers every couple hours.  This feels like sitting in a room when someone is flipping the lights off and on.  

I will say this to everyone who was triggered by trading Huerter for a pick.  That looks like a really good idea if it helps us land someone like KAT and with Huerter falling back to earth pretty good after his hot start with the Kings.  

My guy the Huerter pick isn't why this trade is going to happen. If it happens. Which it won't so why are we even talking about this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

How would we get Drummond?  What would that traded even look like and what would the Bulls be interested in?

He's making $3.3 million, vet min.

Cut/trade one of the Mat(t)hews and a highly protected 2nd.

We also have the JHol TPE of +$6mil available. Edit: never mind, we don't any longer

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Eh, I'm an idea guy.  Go to @JayBirdHawk if you want specifics.

I dont really even like Drummn'd.  He'd just be a big body that might fall into a couple buckets or reboards.

See above! 🤓

4 hours ago, AHF said:

If the Bulls throw in the towel the simplest form would be something like Wesley Matthews and a second round pick for Drummond.

This.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

My guy the Huerter pick isn't why this trade is going to happen. If it happens. Which it won't so why are we even talking about this.

Always safe to bet against a big rumor like this for sure.  That said, I do agree with you here.  Whatever we got for Huerter was going to be positive value that could be used so if you thought (a) we should have sold at the trade deadline when we knew whether Bogi would be able to return or (b) you thought we could have gotten more for him then the fact that this first was a part of a larger package to get someone like KAT isn't going to blunt criticism of the original trade.  I think most people were less offended by the idea that we traded him and more with the fact that immediately after making a big trade we weakened our roster.  Had we gotten a good player in return, for example, they too could be part of this trade.  All hypotheticals at this point so not really worth spending a lot of time revisiting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Any trade for an upgrade always includes the Sacramento pick.  Why?  Because you need picks and players to get a deal done.  

Without that pick we don’t have enough draft capital to make these trades.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Any trade for an upgrade always includes the Sacramento pick.  Why?  Because you need picks and players to get a deal done.  

Without that pick we don’t have enough draft capital to make these trades.

And if we had Huerter he could be part of this trade. And if we got any other asset back it would be too. Don't understand what your point is at all. I guess we should be happy we didn't cut him outright?

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We're going from sellers to buyers every couple hours.  This feels like sitting in a room when someone is flipping the lights off and on.  

I think it's two-fold: if we can't make a block buster upgrade to improve the team, then it'll be trading vets for young players/picks to clear salary for next season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

image.png

This is yall's source?  Does he look like the type of guy that Landry Fields talk to?  Honestly, he looks like he just rolled off the couch and took this selfie for his LinkedIn account.  What does Ole Jake's resume say that would lead anybody to believe that he's an insider?

He was interviewed by the outsiders. Actually kinda, cagey saw him rollin up and put up a closed sign 🪧 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

JJ's 3 ball has already come around.  He just needs to sustain what he's already doing there.  Better than Bogi, Hunter and Trae from there so far.

I'm fine with the idea of OO as a swiss-knife off the bench as well mixing and matching with JJ and KAT if we added KAT in the deal you noted above.  I think JJ & OO have been a strong combo and KAT & OO match up well on paper.  

Given what we've seen from this team so far, I'd be on board for this.  (And I'll grant I'm predisposed to like the idea of a Trae/KAT pairing better than some on this site.)

Yup it's a no brainer. Not cheap, but how could it be when you get a max guy back. KAT will fit better here than he has in Minny the last several years. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it's two-fold: if we can't make a block buster upgrade to improve the team, then it'll be trading vets for young players/picks to clear salary for next season. 

It's what would make sense at least. I think it's clear this isn't a championship core atm. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

The Hawks are certainly open for business, with plenty of long-term deals to be moved. Of late, Atlanta has informed numerous teams the only untouchable players on the Hawks’ roster are Young and rising third-year forward Jalen Johnson, sources said. Just watch Johnson’s behind-the-back dribble and flush in transition against Oklahoma City on Wednesday, or his pacing, passing and shooting ability at his size, and you’ll understand why Hawks figures are so bullish on the 22-year-old’s upside at a broad and bouncy 6-9.

Atlanta owes its 2025 first-round selection to San Antonio as part of the haul that landed Murray, so there’s plenty of sense for the Hawks, currently 14-19, to weigh selling some of its veteran contributors, incorporating a lottery pick alongside Young and Johnson, then stepping back toward Atlanta’s bigger goal of competing in the playoffs under head coach Quin Snyder next season. Atlanta has been one of the more active teams on the phones across the league, sources said. And that seller’s path becoming more likely has league personnel no longer considering the Hawks as a prominent potential landing spot for Toronto’s other trade-deadline darling, Pascal Siakam, now that the Raptors ultimately moved on from Anunoby.

Atlanta was once considered the most aggressive suitor for Siakam’s services, holding serious conversations with Toronto last offseason, sources said. But the chatter among NBA executives surrounding Siakam’s potential landing spots has now centered on IndianaSacramento and Detroit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2