• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Minnesota reached out to NY. Word got around to Atlanta who have tremendous interest in KAT. NY was making offers with Murray in it with Atlanta not being interested in NY offers. When they found out, reached out to Minnesota and started negotiating

I do like the premise that we side swiped the Knicks since their interest in Murray is to reroute him to Minny for KAT. :deke::deke::deke:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

I read a article somewhere (may have already been posted on here).  The article pointed out how the Hawks hold out too long to make trades happen and devalue their trades.  John Collins was used as a example.  They got nothing for him.  This thing with Siakam went too long.  The Hunter stuff for two years.  Now its Murray.  Bad moves on top of bad moves because the Hawks always find themselves not dealing with leverage.  Even though I like Hunter for instance and feel he is not the problem (he can benefit from going to a team which will feature him in set plays on offense), the longer they hold on to him, his value drops, same as Collins.  Its why teams want Johnson now.  They rather get the younger player with possible higher upside.  Now the Hawks are not dealing from leverage.

Pretty much smells like Teen Spirit or as the French would say... B.S. 

I think what we see is a lot of guys who postulate deals that never have been discussed, build up fan interest in these deals, and then criticize the teams for waiting too long to go after the deals when the deals fail to go through.  The echo chamber is real and it's loud.  But you'll found out that normally, it's just one guy making a lot of noise about something that hasn't happened.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think what we see is a lot of guys who postulate deals that never have been discussed, build up fan interest in these deals, and then criticize the teams for waiting too long to go after the deals when the deals fail to go through.  The echo chamber is real and it's loud.  But you'll found out that normally, it's just one guy making a lot of noise about something that hasn't happened.

As I've said, it's guys that take a grain of salt and bill it as if it's the rock of Gibraltar.  Then, as you said, it makes people assume talks are going on longer and more intensely than they actually are.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As I've said, it's guys that take a grain of salt and bill it as if it's the rock of Gibraltar.  Then, as you said, it makes people assume talks are going on longer and more intensely than they actually are.

It's just nature in how deals go.  You don't expect for the same two teams to talk about the same deal for months on end...

It's this all over again..

-gY1L6.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Leverage drops for all players once they sign deals where they're overpaid.  That's the actual root issue here, not that we hold on too long.  If JC was on a 4 year, $50M deal, our leverage would have went up, not down.  Instead, we paid him for what he'd be worth if he improved his game, but he regressed.  Just handed out bad contracts

Thats not the case here. In fact, Murray's contract is appealing to teams looking to trade for him even though you can say he was overpaid.  Its about supply and demand also. Collins game went down because the Hawks went and got Capela to do the pick and rolls. THEY regressed his game.  He was a good pairing with Trae Young. They took him out of the offense, THEN tried to trade him.  Now they gonna hold on to Murray and Hunter too long, THEN, try and trade them.  What i stated is history and facts.

There are questions, to be sure, about whether Murray’s fit would be ideal next to another ball dominant lead like Brunson, as Murray’s pairing with Hawks All-Star Trae Young hasn’t brought the dividends Atlanta once imagined. Yet Murray’s four-year, $114 million extension that begins in 2024-25 does make him an intriguing trade target for any team with backcourt questions.

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/nba-insider-names-lakers-and-76ers-as-teams-to-watch-for-hawks-guard-dejounte-murray

Edited by Hawkmoor

41 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Smells like a USER BLOCK.

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

🐺 source said kat for djm talk is very real. They can't afford his salary next season. 

If we get KAT that would be a legendary trade for the Hawks!

but man ya know…shit just don’t go our way.

i definitely believe they are in discussion. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ok interesting.. I think it would be all-time stupid for the Wolves to disrupt their league leading team

This is all about the 2nd apron. Even though they have a year to get out, they don't have any contracts they want to move and KAT is the most expendable since he's overpaid based on his new salary. He's paid correctly right now but his new salary is bad. Only a fool aka us would want it but we don't care. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ok interesting.. I think it would be all-time stupid for the Wolves to disrupt their league leading team

I thought they would want to wait until after the season but klutch and Hawks are pushing for it before deadline 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Klutch is working to make Murray trade happen sooner than later per djm request. 

Hate to see Murray leave myself.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Hate to see Murray leave myself.  

Hated to see DJ's defense leave

30 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I thought they would want to wait until after the season but klutch and Hawks are pushing for it before deadline 

How real is this actually going down in the next month? KAT-JJ-OO is a great frontcourt.

• Like 1