• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Klutch is working to make Murray trade happen sooner than later per djm request. 

So DJ did request a trade?  Postulated that based on the evidence we’ve seen but would be good to get confirmation 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Bufkin was an excellent defender in college his 2nd year. He's a left handed almost virtual clone of DJM. Him getting serious minutes if not starting next season at SG should be expected.

Bufkin’s emergence in College Park has to be a factor in our willingness to move on from DJM. He is on pace to either be Trae’s backup or like you said, start at SG sooner than later.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Quin: we need good defenders

Landry: okay working on getting KAT for DJ

Indiana keeps showing that great offense can be defense. You keep getting teams down double digits early in games and they start getting away from their own gameplan trying to keep up. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Indiana keeps showing that great offense can be defense. You keep getting teams down double digits early in games and they start getting away from their own gameplan trying to keep up. 

I've been saying this. That the Hawks are a great offense on paper but in reality, they really don't have a have a good offense. This is really an elite and sometimes bad offense and a bad defense, especially without Dre, it's terrible. 

No one who can score an easy basket at all

No #1 option

This team literally lives or dies on its ability to hit jumpshots

The only thing i see about this squad this year that didn't exist on previous interactions is we are nasty in the open court with JJ. 

Defensively, we get worse each and every game. I actually think we are worse Defensively then we have been in the past. It doesn't help the league overall is better on ends than in previous years. This is the best NBA I've seen in ages if not ever. 

Atlanta FO can point fingers at the players but the real issue is, you got players who simply don't fit their role and there is no Nate here who basically takes pieces and tries to make the best of what he's got. Quin tries to fit square pegs in round holes. 

• Like 4

I told Jay ass, Nate generally gets the best out of his team's based on his history as a coach in the RS. Yes, his rigid style usually gets exposed in the playoffs but for the RS, he's fine. 

We got the brilliance of Quin but he can't fit pieces together unless they fit his scheme. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, theheroatl said:

This whole KAT talk is hilarious

wherever this rumor resurfaced from didn’t look at the western conference standings

try again

Exactly. Even if it was true that they can’t afford him next season, they would wait til off-season to make the necessary trades.

Only moron GMs like what the Hawks in 1994, would trade a star player from a 1st place team in-season.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I heard MIN is looking for a real but protected 2024 1st and one future unprotected 1st for KAT. Is what they were looking for. I was told, they were targeting sum-of-parts deals but Murray is someone they always coveted and been in talks with Atlanta and SA for Murray for years. I think KAT for Murray/Mills is a fair trade without the picks involved. Just my opinion. I always post the deal I know will get done. Never the best case deal. The best case for Atlanta is Murray/Mills for KAT. Best case for MIN is that same deal but getting what they were asking NY for initially which I posted in the first sentence. Ideally, Atlanta trades DJ/Mills and SAC 1st for KAT. Makes the most sense for everyone involved. Keeps MIN out of financial hell. 

I hope it happens! The truth is, even though Minny is having an outstanding regular season are they true contenders right now ?

Murray and Edwards along with Gobert would likely give them the same results with better defense.

i know they are already number 1 defensively but getting a defensive guard at point who can still drop 20 would be beneficial for them .

For the Hawks I love the potential front court of JJ, OO, KAT paired with Trae!….it’s a definite pipe dream for us but man if it can get done!….Landry would go in the Hawks history books.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I hope it happens! The truth is, even though Minny is having an outstanding regular season are they true contenders right now ?

Murray and Edwards along with Gobert would likely give them the same results with better defense.

i know they are already number 1 defensively but getting a defensive guard at point who can still drop 20 would be beneficial for them .

For the Hawks I love the potential front court of JJ, OO, KAT paired with Trae!….it’s a definite pipe dream for us but man if it can get done!….Landry would go in the Hawks history books.

You forgot, their best perimeter defender is McDaniels. Murray would be insane with them. Gives them flexibility long term. 

Overall, Atlanta has to resolve their frontcourt issue with no scoring option outside of finishers or transition players. We need someone you can dump the ball to and he can go and dominate and keep defenses from swarming at Trae. 

• Like 4