• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Draft has no generational prospects either. Like 5 or 6 guys could go number one. There is virtually no benefit to tanking this year. 

There is good talent. People always downplay certain drafts. There is generally one to three all NBA players in every draft.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

There is good talent. People always downplay certain drafts. There is generally one to three all NBA players in every draft.

Some drafts take longer to cook than others. Many people felt the 2016 was the weakest draft in the last 16 drafts in terms of going into it. Ben Simmons and Ingram was the clear 1 and 2 but people were questionable about both

Turns out that draft wasn't awful. 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2016

Now sadly 2019 which people were negative on the depth of the class but loved R.J., Zion, and Ja. 

That drafted ended up being what people though although Ja and Zion been more disappointing than what people expected. 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2019

Even the guys who surprised like Poole and Herro ended up just being overpaid. This class overall has failed so far and been one of the worst draft classes in the last 15 years. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

There is talent in every draft.  There is certainly not talent that warrants upending your current team in every draft.  That's the part I balk at.  There's no Lebron coming, thus it's not worth blowing up the way many folks want.

3 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I think I've seen him post that same stupid snippet from that old a** article 20 times. 

And lmao @ the Kyrie thing... He'll never live that down. 

Heh, he'll also never own up to it either.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I think I've seen him post that same stupid snippet from that old a** article 20 times. 

And lmao @ the Kyrie thing... He'll never live that down. 

Ya'll love getting at me for insulting posters but y'all do the same if the poster doesn't love Trae Young

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll love getting at me for insulting posters but y'all do the same if the poster doesn't love Trae Young

No one curses people and calls people out of their name like you always do.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Atlanta Hawks have a Trae Young problem; Quin Snyder is there to fix it, one way, or the other

Starting with the locker room, it's no secret there's a serious disconnect between Young, the team's star player, and many -- though some say nearly all -- of his teammates. He is not beloved, sources say, and there's a strong view that Young fails to lead, to understand or care to understand what is required of him, and that as a result the team will never achieve what it should until that reality is fixed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-atlanta-hawks-have-a-trae-young-problem-quin-snyder-is-there-to-fix-it-one-way-or-the-other/

I'll give Trae credit. I've never seen him so locked in to a coaches scheme and a coach like he is with Quin and I never seen Quin adjust his scheme to showcase Trae talents like this either. Both are massive shocks to me but both player and coach really love each other.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

No one curses people and calls people out of their name like you always do.

That's just not true.

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Doesn't work financially. Needs an additional $3.5 mil going out from Atlanta.

I was just throwing it out there. I wasn't looking to see if it worked.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Doesn't work financially. Needs an additional $3.5 mil going out from Atlanta.

Here's my question.....if KAT is at $50M next year, how can the Hawks afford him?  They are already way over the CAP next year and now you add a net of $20-25M for next season?  How does that work?  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Here's my question.....if KAT is at $50M next year, how can the Hawks afford him?  They are already way over the CAP next year and now you add a net of $20-25M for next season?  How does that work?  

Affording him is not the problem, it's filling out the rest of the roster and how willing ownership is to spend. It will all come down to how willing they are to exceed the LT. Or will it be more cutting salary to stay under since we'll have 2 players making +$90 million.

Edit: Capela will also most likely be traded as well

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

I know you are joking but I wonder if people even realize how good the Twolves have been on defense since Chris Finch took over. KAT is not a bad defensive player. His offense is so elite it more than makes up for him not being a great defender at center. 

This is cause of gobert tho. Plus they have maybe the best perimeter defender in the league in jaden. And another elite defender when he’s locked in in ant. KAT is awful on defense. Watch him on the weak side as a big and it’s horrendous. T wolves fans are so pissed at his rotations 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

There is talent in every draft.  There is certainly not talent that warrants upending your current team in every draft.  That's the part I balk at.  There's no Lebron coming, thus it's not worth blowing up the way many folks want.

Heh, he'll also never own up to it either.

Oh I wasn't implying that. It's just that there's a lot of group think when it comes to how much talent is in a draft.  You may very well find the next Jokic (really really really rare) in the second round of this draft class. 

39 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Moving DJ and Capela.  

Next season DJ will make $25.5 million and Capela will make $22.3  = about $47.8 million

Next season KAT will make about $49.7 million.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1