• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

That is the single most erroneous narrative that has been said for 50 years in pro sports in Atlanta.  Free agent athletes are not actively avoiding Atlanta in football, basketball or baseball.  Atlanta has always been known as the top destination for former athletes.  Why wouldn't they want to come here WHILE they are playing?  There are business factors that go into this.  Pro sports is MARKETING first.  These millionaires with guaranteed contracts are not actively avoiding Atlanta.  They love Atlanta.  Why not want to come here while they are playing?  They got guaranteed money and championships isn't necessarily a priority with them because of it. They can't trade themselves.  Its a BUSINESS.  The NBA IS TRANSPARENT ABOUT APPROVING TRADES THROUGH THEIR FRONT OFFICE.

Heck, Hollywood is even here now and thats A NEW phenomenon in Atlanta that will draw even more former athletes here. Bijaun Robinson of the Falcons got it made.  He said BEFORE he was drafted that he wants to be in movies.  He can walk out his front door and be on a movie set within minutes, a hour, or whatever. The cost of living, nightlife, music, business, real estate, it goes on and on.  Nah. thats a false narrative.  If the Hawks REALLY wanted a top free agent they could it one.

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-favored-spot-for-athletes-call-home/ePTMedyg4BiylEvOCEAHJJ/

Atlanta’s eclectic mix of high-end real estate, business opportunities, climate and a sizzling nightlife continues to be a magnet that attracts professional athletes.

In late 2008, Julius “Dr. J” Erving purchased the Heritage Golf Course in Norcross and is reportedly looking for a home in the area.

When Jerome “The Bus” Bettis decided to retire, the native of Detroit made a decision to park the Bus in north Fulton.

“I was attracted to Atlanta, even when I was in college,” said Tyrone Hill, a former NBA player who lived here before joining the Atlanta Hawks staff as an assistant coach. “We [Xavier] played Michigan in the NCAA tournament [in 1989]. We lost and went out to dinner, and we got a chance to hang out a little bit. I fell in love with the city then.”

Former and current NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB players call the metro area home, some at least for part of the year.

From current Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall to former NBA star Ralph Sampson.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2023/04/11/ex-texas-rb-bijan-robinson-talks-acting-affinity-connection-with-matthew-mcconaughey/

Ex-Texas RB Bijan Robinson talks acting affinity, connection with Matthew McConaughey

Robinson, a top prospect in the 2023 NFL draft, said McConaughey has given him notes on becoming an actor.

Nah man

Atlanta is where most of the "side chicks" reside.....

Never live close to the side chick... Its a written rule....

I heard this from a few former NFL players I know.. 😀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

This seems really early for a big trade.  Usually teams wait until the deadline to try to do better.  Not saying you haven’t heard this is close or that the Hawks hope to close on a deal ASAP or whatever - just that I’m skeptical whether something happens this early.  If we do, hope we knock it out.

All things being equal, I agree.

But the DJM experiment isn’t working and it is palpable. There is collective pressure to come to a resolution sooner rather than later as both parties aren’t happy. This isn’t simply an exercise (like usual) where the team’s sole aim is to extract as much value as possible which traditionally necessitates waiting until the 11th hour.

Thankfully, DJM is a valuable player on a good contract, so the timing shouldn’t suppress the overall return to the Hawks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Nah man

So you are trying to say that Atlanta is the Capital of the side chick world????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How do these people keep finding us (Minnyboard):

Screenshot_20240106_211739_Samsung Internet.jpg

Why is it that fanbases are insane with their idea of trades? In what world is this a good trade for the Hawks? Bro must think we asked for Ant, McDaniels, and KAT

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The most hilarious was San Antonio fans. I remember they were asking for OO, five 1sts, Kevin when he was still here, etc. Fanbases are generally always delusional af

Some dumbass Laker fan gonna be on Twitter talking about Reeves too good for this type of deal. Idiot, no one wants Reeves you stupid mfer

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, terrell said:

Nah man

Seems to be you would want the side chicks close by. How else are you going to see them? I'm presuming these are mostly sex based relationships. In light of that, having them live thousands of miles away doesn't make much sense. 

Edited by bleachkit

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You are aware these things are extremely fluid right? 

Not JTB, but there is an overall acknowledgment that things are fluid… just trying to understand how to gauge expectations based on the chatter.

While I am not a big poster, I’ve been here since 2006 (I had to look to check!) and have seen enough to know both that our insiders have unique insight and also that nothing is done until it’s done.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The most hilarious was San Antonio fans. I remember they were asking for OO, five 1sts, Kevin when he was still here, etc. Fanbases are generally always delusional af

Some dumbass Laker fan gonna be on Twitter talking about Reeves too good for this type of deal. Idiot, no one wants Reeves you stupid mfer

Yeah, [destroy those] other fans.  It's funnier that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2024 at 9:00 PM, JeffS17 said:

Trae? Yeah, absolutely but we couldnt afford that lol… JC is singled out cus hes a very low tier starter on a contract that signals mid-high tier starter

I was thinking more in terms of constant 30 foot three point attempts with 15 seconds left on the shot clock, turnovers, etc.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Seems to be you would want the side chicks close by. How else are you going to see them? I'm presuming these are mostly sex based relationships. In light of that, having them live thousands of miles away doesn't make much sense. 

Heh, didn't you read all the Zion stuff.  Dude just flew her in for a couple nights then sent her home.  You don't want em close enough to knock on the door unexpected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would love to have KAT but I doubt it will happen. KAT is a CAA client and if he gets traded it will be to the Knicks. Leon Rose and World Wide West use to be represent CAA. That's how they got Masai to trade O.G., who is also a CAA client. Masai knew O.G. was opting out next year and would sign with the Knicks anyway, so he got what he could, Quickley and Barrett. I heard about a rumor today that the Knicks will not make Mitchell Robinson apart of a trade for KAT. The wheels are in motion and I truly believe KAT will be a Knick by or at the trade deadline. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You dont want to see them that often.

Thats how you get caught..

Some players have one in every city.

Atlanta is just the sidechick hub.. lol

And no @NBASupes, you dont have to be "married" to have one..

Ask Zion....😀

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Five biggest chatter out there other than us is:

1. Brooklyn has an interest in Lauri M but doesn't like Ainge's asking price which is insane. 

2. Teams are still interested in Zach L but Chicago wants what they consider serious offers. Many teams aren't willing to give what CHI wants and many think they should be compensated for Zach. 

3. I was told, teams are appalled by Chicago's asking price for Caruso. They want two 1sts. Real ones too. Not the two 2nds nonsense. 

4. Portland is said to be sellers but the price is high. No one is cheap. 

5. The Siakam trade market is dead. No one is seriously interested in trading assets for Siakam knowing he has his eyes on Philadelphia. I know I said I wouldn't talk about Atlanta but we were out on Siakam weeks ago. Toronto knows this and is trying to manufacture trade hype to get a desperate offer. I was told, don't be shocked if Siakam stays with Toronto till the offseason. 

Hawks were trying to work a trade with the Bulls the last few weeks and those 2 firsts were just crazy for Caruso.  

9 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Screen-Shot-2015-07-07-at-11.46.32.png

ae35cfe4680354b8ab4cd537d8ff4997_md.jpg

Yeah man Atlanta isnt for everybody..

There's ALOT of "distractions"...

Zion is Atlanta would be wild.....😅