• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

6 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Wonder how Trae feels about getting no help?   I thought this is what it was all about.  The front office was gonna go all in and get someone here to help Trae win. 

Now? They are sellers for nobody players and hopefully picks.  

In the next two years Trae will be the next big salary leaving town..........for nothing but role players and pics.   History tells us we don't know how to draft players.  

Buckle up buttercups!

It's horrible.

The same thing they did to Dominique.

And when Nique finally did get some help, they trade him off to save money and get younger.  Then that even backfired on them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

To be fair anything myself or anyone else posits on this forum is "opinion" unless it is a verifiable objective truth which falls under "fact". Think about all the times a GM or coach is fired in all sports. Then think about how many times an owner or GM said they made a mistake with the firing. How many times has that actually been said in public? Does that mean it isn't true because it was never established as "fact"?

I am not suggesting DJ is running a Ponzi scheme. He was not going to sign that extension because it was financially idiotic for him to do so. Then the Hawks told him he was going to be moved to Toronto for Siakam and he said no, I'll sign the extension instead. That is why he signed it.

I was asked not to say why from a Hawks source. The source @JayBirdHawk quoted for this is from Toronto. My guess is the Raps or Klutch leaked that on purpose to them at the time it happened. Now it comes out when all the rumors about DJM getting traded are heating up. Think about the scenario: Hawks source asks a non media "insider" to not speak about. Source wanted to protect DJ's image and rep to Hawks fans. 

DJM signing the extension stopped that trade, paid him well and gives him a good contract to make it easier for the Hawks to trade him. It is a win/win for all involved. DJM has no ill will to the Hawks or any coach or player. It just didn't work out and he wants out. The team agrees with him. If they could undo that trade they would have. 

I am not trying to go after anyone's character. I never said I blamed DJM or resented why he wants out or anything like it. I frankly resent that accusation. I like Murray. I have his Hawks jersey, actually, as a Christmas present last year from my parents. He's a good player and a good person. I have a self imposed obligation to pass long what I hear and what I trust after years of being an "insider" to the fans here. If that comes across as some kind of personal agenda or bias then I apologize but it is certainly not the intention.

When's the last time a team gave up so much draft capital for a player and then turned around and traded them at a huge loss less than 6 months later? I can't think of any time.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Well said and I agree. The doom and gloom in this thread is palpable, but mainly stemming from a serious case of extrapolation and assumptions to support a preordained "worst case scenario".

Schlenk made some terrible extensions that handcuffed our franchise, let's not act like he was the second coming of Bob Myers.

It's not so much 'worst case scenario' it's just that 'IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING' preventing us from taking the next step.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not so much 'worst case scenario' it's just that 'IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING' preventing us from taking the next step.

If anything, I would call threatening to trade a player to empower our organization at the contract negotiating table a shrewd move by our GM, and it worked. Let's see how they can flip the great value contract they landed to get some talent that fits around Trae before we raise the white flag.

We don't really have any value contracts from the Schlenk era (other than rookie deals), so there is a silver lining here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Tony regrets firing Travis but he will never say so in public. Nick has a large voice in this team. Tony is the one calling the shot to basically blow up the roster and try and fix the team to be a better fit for Quin's coaching style.

The Resslers?

giphy.gif

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

I can't say more. I've been asked to delete my initial post about this.

I get the info you give us but was this necessary? Or are we being dramatic like 🎥?

And if you don’t then what? They gonna kidnap @kg01? Threats, all threats. 

• Haha 3

If it’s a young player + picks for DJM, I could see those picks going out sooner rather than later to try and land that 3rd star to pair with Trae and Jalen.

Maybe as soon as getting a 3rd team into the trade. 

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

When DJM is traded, and it is 100% certain he is being traded, I will go into more details about other offers we had and why they didn't work out.

Collins for TPE

Murray for a Ham Sandwich and a 2nd rounder?

What is going on Landry?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I get the info you give us but was this necessary? Or are we being dramatic like 🎥?

And if you don’t then what? They gonna kidnap @kg01? Threats, all threats. 

They don't have to speak to me at all, quite honestly. If they ask something reasonable like deleting a post I might have talked about too soon then it is a small price to keep a good relationship with the source. I'm not media or a talking head. Just a guy on a message board. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3