• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, tomac said:

I think the key to all of this is how ATL's front office views Kobe Bufkin. Size wise, the are the same. Kobe was also know for being a defensive guard in college. If he can score efficiently (as he has been doing in his recent G-League stint), then trading DJ makes a ton of sense. Use the draft capital to get another proven all-star somewhere down the line.

Bufkin hasn't even got run on the NBA roster much less a contributor.   If he was good enough the minutes would be there now.  

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We had a deal, the same deal @Mikey had some information on as well, close to go on the first day DJ was allowed to be traded.

Then other offers came in. Teams are doing what the Hawks really need: bidding against each other for DJ and other players. 

I still believe DJ will be traded before the deadline. It will just be a matter of choosing which offer to go with. 

Beating a Knicks Quentin Grimes offer has to be the easiest thing in the world fr

Spurs, give us our picks back + KJ or Devin

Pels, give us Murphy and a first

Lakers, .... Ad?.... Maybe not the lakers

Orlando, Anthony Black and a couple of firsts

ANYTHING else would be better than bench player Grimes and bad knick picks x.x

• Like 4

1 minute ago, akay said:

Beating a Knicks Quentin Grimes offer has to be the easiest thing in the world fr

Spurs, give us our picks back + KJ or Devin

Pels, give us Murphy and a first

Lakers, .... Ad?.... Maybe not the lakers

Orlando, Anthony Black and a couple of firsts

ANYTHING else would be better than bench player Grimes and bad knick picks x.x

So the Spurs would not only return our picks, but add a good young player too? Don't be that guy, come on. Suggest plausible trades. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

So the Spurs would not only return our picks, but add a good young player too? Don't be that guy, come on. Suggest plausible trades. 

Minus picks + young players whatever, the framework is there to get a deal done that's better than what the Knicks have to offer - don't get hung up on details 

On 1/7/2024 at 11:06 PM, Sothron said:

I know we had talks about Herb Jones/Murphy and the lakers 1st for DJM. I'll address this whenever the DJM trade is made official and we all know what the deal is.

But yes, I would love getting him and Herb Jones.

This would be such a no brainer deal from Atlanta’s standpoint. By far the best package being thrown around but I have to assume this is what Hawks asked for and not what the Pelicans offered. 

• Premium Member

image.png

So this is what the Hawks fans want?

Ok, let's play this out. 

We make the trade.   Immediately Trae is given the rest of the season to choose when he wants to play but it's mandatory that he get his shoulder back to normal before he plays again.  We look to see if we can trade CC for a big SG.

image.png

We run with Bufkin, Huerter, Keldon, JJ, and OO. 

In the draft, we pick up a SG and a C.  Let's say...JaKobe Walter and Ulrich Comache.

WIth this lineup, I guess we would be good for the Trae Exodus. 

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Bufkin hasn't even got run on the NBA roster much less a contributor.   If he was good enough the minutes would be there now.  

If, and when the Hawks trade Murray, someone must play the position he now plays.  Kobe Bufkin is the best we have to fill that position right now.  When we trade Murray and get back a 2 guard, that's different.  However, there is a chance that the player the Hawks get in return will not be a 2 guard.  Just trying to see that we cover all the bases!

:smug:

Clearly with all the chatter, it’s not anything grounded in reality. Things are just not progressing as people think.. probably only 1% of the hype is real.

Every day media hype nuggets creating new angles on not only DJ but also Siakam, and other potentially moving parts. Probably 99.9% of it is hot garbage.

Until some team gets super desperate like the Knicks always are and submits a big offer… it’s a big nothing burger.

Edited by theheroatl

38 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have no idea what you mean by the first sentence. Saying the chatter is not grounded in reality is absurd, honestly. There's real talks going on that's been reported not just  by the "insiders" here but multiple national NBA talking heads as well. 

There's always more talks about trades than actual trades. The difference in this specific instance is this roster will be blown up to some degree between now and the start of next season. You can feel free to ignore all of the chatter as simply chatter if you want. Just don't be shocked then players are actually traded.

Clearly players will be traded. It’s the NBA. Only 1% of the talk is truly frameworks that are discussed. If it wasn’t, they wouldn’t be good general managers.

Would you want your personal negotiations being discussed elsewhere?

Going back to the last year:

Jake Fischer first hinted at DJM re-signing.

Nobody had Bey coming to us.

Nobody saw Huerter going to the Kings.

JC moving to Jazz was linked but for only a 2nd rounder was never discussed.

It’s all entertainment this message board and twitter. The real truth is so far away.

[Poster specific comment removed.]

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Just to be clear I did not confirm or deny what the possible Knick offer was since I was asked not to share those details by the source that told me.

I'm on to you @Sothron

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-10-2024_4-10-25PM.thumb.png.34ee1ca7dd08369abf3202628de984a5.png

NBA Exec Hints at Knicks Next Move After OG Anunoby Trade - Heavy.com

But the Knicks are in a good place to use Julius Randle and picks to make another big move, so that justifies them giving up two of their scoring options. Anunoby’s health is also a factor that’ll help determine how this trade ages.

• Haha 1