• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

I wonder if the Hawks will ask for Gabe Vincent in this deal.  I know he's injured right now, but he would help with shooting and defense in the backcourt when healthy.

I'll rather Russell. Not because i think he's good but I know he knows how to play in this type of system when he played under Kenny but I do like Gabe's toughness. 

I'm not too fond of trading 1sts for Murray due to the nature of the picks and would rather an upgrade but if it's LAL's 2029, I'll take it. That's not gonna be a good team. So I'll take it. 

At this point, I am fine with a deal with the lakers that is basically let’s say D’lo, max Christie, their 2029 first, and a few seconds. It’s not the best offer but D’lo contract is expiring and can be used to clear the books. Christie can block shots and is young and has potential.

I don’t think the hawks are ideally gonna get the best offer they can, but that’s okay. We are in this situation because we held onto guys for so long waiting for some perfect deal that never came into play. It’s just to clear the books at this point and start fresh with Trae and Jalen. I’m ready for this team to get out of this funk this whole Dejounte trade situation has caused. It’s so tiring. We can’t let this turn into another JC thing where we just let this simmer. Get it done now.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

At this point, I am fine with a deal with the lakers that is basically let’s say D’lo, max Christie, their 2029 first, and a few seconds. It’s not the best offer but D’lo contract is expiring and can be used to clear the books. Christie can block shots and is young and has potential.

I don’t think the hawks are ideally gonna get the best offer they can, but that’s okay. We are in this situation because we held onto guys for so long waiting for some perfect deal that never came into play. It’s just to clear the books at this point and start fresh with Trae and Jalen. I’m ready for this team to get out of this funk this whole Dejounte trade situation has caused. It’s so tiring. We can’t let this turn into another JC thing where we just let this simmer. Get it done now.

The Hawks won't accept that.  Reeves will have to be involved instead of D'Lo.

6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The Hawks won't accept that.  Reeves will have to be involved instead of D'Lo.

I agree that Reaves is a much more valuable asset than D’Lo but the problem is that 1. Reaves is one of the worst defenders in the nba, 2. Lakers would need a guard to pair with Murray, and 3. Reaves isn’t eligible to be traded till the 15th (if the hawks want to do a trade as soon as possible, they have to wait until later). 

i think it makes more sense just to get D’Lo just to have an expiring contract you can get off soon rather than later. Besides, that lakers 2029 pick could be incredibly valuable 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

I agree that Reaves is a much more valuable asset than D’Lo but the problem is that 1. Reaves is one of the worst defenders in the nba, 2. Lakers would need a guard to pair with Murray, and 3. Reaves isn’t eligible to be traded till the 15th (if the hawks want to do a trade as soon as possible, they have to wait until later). 

i think it makes more sense just to get D’Lo just to have an expiring contract you can get off soon rather than later. Besides, that lakers 2029 pick could be incredibly valuable 

Multiple reports have already indicated that the Hawks would require Reaves in any deal.  Yes, Reaves is a bad defender, but he's more valuable than D'Lo's expiring contract.  If they want D'Lo's expiring deal to get off salary, then send Capela or Hunter along.  But, you have to get positive value for Murray.

5 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Multiple reports have already indicated that the Hawks would require Reaves in any deal.  Yes, Reaves is a bad defender, but he's more valuable than D'Lo's expiring contract.  If they want D'Lo's expiring deal to get off salary, then send Capela or Hunter along.  But, you have to get positive value for Murray.

Multiple reports have indicated for months now that the Lakers want to keep Reaves. The hawks may just budge and just D’Lo because they want to Dejounte trade situation to be over with and I can’t blame them. There doesn’t seem like any real other suitors right now that REALLY want Dejounte like that. The Knicks seem fine now since they got OG. The Heat are a top 6 seeded team and seem fine and don’t seem like they’re in a rush. 

if you want value in that deal, it’s really just getting off of DJ, getting an expiring contract for cap space in the summer, and that lakers pick which could be really good in a trade for somebody else (as long as it has no protections).

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Multiple reports have indicated for months now that the Lakers want to keep Reaves. The hawks may just budge and just D’Lo because they want to Dejounte trade situation to be over with and I can’t blame them. There doesn’t seem like any real other suitors right now that REALLY want Dejounte like that. The Knicks seem fine now since they got OG. The Heat are a top 6 seeded team and seem fine and don’t seem like they’re in a rush. 

if you want value in that deal, it’s really just getting off of DJ, getting an expiring contract for cap space in the summer, and that lakers pick which could be really good in a trade for somebody else (as long as it has no protections).

Nah, DJ's deal is not negative value.  You don't salary dump him and the Lakers don't get everything they want in this.  We'll see what happens.  I'll tell you now, if the Hawks accept the deal you're proposing, Trae will soon be asking out.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If I am Quin, I'll trust myself.

Get Reed Sheppard and Ausar. Two kids who are relentless defenders who know how to play Basketball. 

Get a big wing who can shoot threes and defend. 

Keep JJ and OO. They are fine. I am okay with them long term. 

Get rid of everyone else. They don't know how to play in a real system and they don't know how to play basketball outside of 12 but 12 is injury prone. Let him go shine somewhere else. 

I'd add Bogi in the "knows how to play" but I'm fine with this. It won't happen. I realize now that people think everything I post is somehow from a source but it isn't.

My honest Hawks thoughts: I would have traded Trae after the All NBA season. I love Trae. But this team is not going to be able to put that other alpha guy next to him. I'd rather keep Murray with his size at PG on a good deal and trade Trae for a bonanza of players and picks. Build that way. 

It won't happen but that's what I would do.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd add Bogi in the "knows how to play" but I'm fine with this. It won't happen. I realize now that people think everything I post is somehow from a source but it isn't.

My honest Hawks thoughts: I would have traded Trae after the All NBA season. I love Trae. But this team is not going to be able to put that other alpha guy next to him. I'd rather keep Murray with his size at PG on a good deal and trade Trae for a bonanza of players and picks. Build that way. 

It won't happen but that's what I would do.

I was talking about starters. Bogi needs to stay no matter what. We need vets who fit the system.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I love the trade deadline and all the chatter, but I never expect the Hawks to make a big In-Season move.

Expect a Patty Mills/Wes Mathews type move, then we'll hear 'better deals will be available in the offseason'

Sad but true!!!

image.png 

We hear a lot of speculation and before a trade is made, you will get statements like...  Landry is getting calls about Trae, DJ, Clint, OO, Bey, JJ, Hunter, AJ, Mathews, Matthews, Vit, Bufkin, Lundy, and Gaeye.   So that if a move is made, somebody can say... I told you my sources said a move was imminent.  Unless the move was for Patty Mills.. and then they will say.. Oh, that's just a salary drop. 

It's All Entertainment people. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

This is Tony Ressler wanting a more seasoned exec voice in the room. I don't think that's a bad thing.

I get Atlanta Spirit Group Vibes.    Too many people wanting to make the decisions.  This is a task that really can't be done by committee.  A GM has to have a vision.   Fault BK as much as you want to, the dude had a vision.  It was probably ahead of it's time by about 8 years but it was a vision.  He just messed up on the execution of it.  Got to the Lottery and passed on a much needed PG. 

53 minutes ago, Diesel said:

image.png 

We hear a lot of speculation and before a trade is made, you will get statements like...  Landry is getting calls about Trae, DJ, Clint, OO, Bey, JJ, Hunter, AJ, Mathews, Matthews, Vit, Bufkin, Lundy, and Gaeye.   So that if a move is made, somebody can say... I told you my sources said a move was imminent.  Unless the move was for Patty Mills.. and then they will say.. Oh, that's just a salary drop. 

It's All Entertainment people. 

I don't think the insiders in this forum are playing that game.  I think people coming up with their own trade ideas is entertainment.  

We've made an impact move every trade deadline the past few years.  Something that changed our rotation.  We got Bey last year and he completely transformed our bench lineup.  Traded Cam the year before that, and Rondo for Lou the year before that.  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I don't think the insiders in this forum are playing that game.  I think people coming up with their own trade ideas is entertainment.  

We've made an impact move every trade deadline the past few years.  Something that changed our rotation.  We got Bey last year and he completely transformed our bench lineup.  Traded Cam the year before that, and Rondo for Lou the year before that.  

There's a difference between moves being made and knowing moves are going to be made.  Your statement alone shows we have a track record of making a move at the deadline.   Somebody can easily speculate that we will make a move this trade deadline.  Then, it's just a matter of running with the narrative that's out there.  It's more entertainment than you think.   If DJ doesn't get traded, the talking point will be "The Hawks didn't see a deal worth pursuing" or "Chris Grant came in and changed everything" or "Ressler got cold feet".   How many times in the past 4 years was it iminent that JC would be traded?  I say you get Woj and Sham and every other insider and put their record up everytime they hit a screen or make a tweet or a post.  Then you will know what the entertainment value looks like. 

15 hours ago, kg01 said:

"Probably like 6-7 seasons." - J. Collins

Yesterday I told a Warriors fan at the gym that we will trade for sCurry since he’s disgruntled and we will give you John Collins and Huerter.. :mellow:

Him: 🧐 isss isn’t John Collins on the Jazz? 🤨 

Me: 🤣 he was on the block a million years in Atlanta it was a joke.

15 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

lil Nicky may be running his mouth too much on 2K 🤷‍♂️

I’ll get him! 😡 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I love the trade deadline and all the chatter, but I never expect the Hawks to make a big In-Season move.

Expect a Patty Mills/Wes Mathews type move, then we'll hear 'better deals will be available in the offseason'

Sad but true!!!

Usually I agree but Landry doesn’t make a move and he’s canned like tuna. Landry is the dumbest smart guy I know.

• Sad 1