Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don’t disagree. Kind of hard to trust the FO…so I’m a bit negative by default. But very good point.

the thought is we can draft another star and it never happens so I can’t argue with anything you’re saying.

This is what I see when people mention trading Trae and trying to draft the next star.

We already went to the ECF with Trae as our star, let's stop acting like he can't get us there again. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2024 at 10:54 AM, thecampster said:

The team would like to get back a good PF and slide Jalen to the 3. They believe his best value is at the 3 where he can overpower 1/2 of the 3's in the league.  The team would like to get bigger (like 10lbs/2 inches per position) and that starts with Jalen over Dre. The interesting name I heard (and I heard several) was Marvin Bagley at the 4 next to Jalen. They think that's the kind of size/fit they'd like and they think Trae can bring out the best in a player like Bagley.

Bagley on his way to Washington in a salary dump.  Kind of sad as this was a low risk move we just couldn't make happen. Only downside (as what it took to get him wasn't much) is he makes 12.5 mil.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2024 at 1:48 AM, Mikey said:

Sorry for the quote,  won't let me delete on mobile.

I just gotta say, we have failed Trae. You don't right that wrong by trading him.

He wants to win. He likes quin. We have to make it right or we will be tanking for a while with no picks and no chance at a superstar of his level.

We should move some pieces and see what we got before we entertain that idea

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Takes to long to draft a star.  Name the last star we drafted.  It wasn't Nique.  He was a draft day trade.  

This is the insanity part of Atlanta Hawks fans.

Before Trae, we have NEVER drafted a Superstar player.    NEVER.  We spent the #2 pick overall on Marvin Williams.   We spent the #4 pick overall on Hunter.  We spent the #5 pick overall on Shelden WIlliams.  The draft is a running Joke for Atlanta.   Yet... That's all the Hawks fans cry about. 

HUSH ALL THAT CRYING, THE DRAFT HAS NEVER BEEN GOOD TO US!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Takes to long to draft a star.  Name the last star we drafted.  It wasn't Nique.  He was a draft day trade.  

I’m not sure if this is a slight towards Trae or not because it sounds like you’re saying Luka was the last star we drafted and Trae isn’t one….if that’s the case we don’t see eye to eye which is fine.

Trae is definitely a superstar whether hawk fans like him or not. He’s easily our best talent since Nique.

The issue with the Trae era is that it started out with a plan (a good one at that)…but the plan changed due to the FO not trae. All Trae asked for was to win …he ain’t say how he just said I want to win.

The FO and then owner went out their way to make bad deals on top of bad deals. Traes only true blame is that he told a terrible and extremely incapable FO that he wants to “win now”…..and here are the results.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m not sure if this is a slight towards Trae or not because it sounds like you’re saying Luka was the last star we drafted and Trae isn’t one….if that’s the case we don’t see eye to eye which is fine.

Trae is definitely a superstar whether hawk fans like him or not. He’s easily our best talent since Nique.

The issue with the Trae era is that it started out with a plan (a good one at that)…but the plan changed due to the FO not trae. All Trae asked for was to win …he ain’t say how he just said I want to win.

The FO and then owner went out their way to make bad deals on top of bad deals. Traes only true blame is that he told a terrible and extremely incapable FO that he wants to “win now”…..and here are the results.

It wasn't because we took Luka and traded him to Dallas.  Trae and Nique both acquired in trades.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

It wasn't because we took Luka and traded him to Dallas.  Trae and Nique both acquired in trades.  

Damn.. .That's right.  We have NEVER drafted a Superstar... Ever.

• Premium Member

DO you realize that all of the stars that we have ever had... Aside from Al Horford...

were players that we traded for?

Why is everybody so gung Ho on thinking that Picks is something good for us?  

We are the poster child for f*** the Draft!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, JTB said:

Pretty sure it's been widely reported Trae wanted DJ.  And it's been reported by our insiders that Trae has preferences on who to play with, such as wanting to retain Collins and Capela.  Don't have to bury your head in the sand to those facts.  The reality is Ressler is the problem because he's the one pushing us to make moves to appease Trae because Trae is making them money.  Trae isn't really to blame for this, but I get why people are misplacing blame on him -- it's more of a gray area than you're describing because of the leverage players have these days but the majority of the blame (for the situation we're in) falls on Ressler.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

Pretty sure it's been widely reported Trae wanted DJ.  And it's been reported by our insiders that Trae has preferences on who to play with, such as wanting to retain Collins and Capela.  Don't have to bury your head in the sand to those facts.  The reality is Ressler is the problem because he's the one pushing us to make moves to appease Trae because Trae is making them money.  Trae isn't really to blame for this, but I get why people are misplacing blame on him -- it's more of a gray area than you're describing because of the leverage players have these days but the majority of the blame (for the situation we're in) falls on Ressler.

That's only half the story.

He wanted to retain Capela instead of trading him for Ayton.  While Ayton has size, he's a headcase and pretty terrible. 

And while you may hate Collins because of his contract.   We got rid of him and now we want a guy like him.  He has found his niche at Center in Utah.   The other night against the Lakers...

image.png

19/13/2 with 2 assists, 3 steals, and 75% from 3.    That kind of play could have helped a lot. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, parfait said:

Pau Gasol? 🤷‍♂️

Oh.. I'm sorry..  A superstar that played for the Atlanta Hawks.  We traded Gasol for Shareef.  The thing about those draft day trades is that it makes it seem like we drafted them for the other team.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Pete Maravich, Luka Doncic, Bill Russell, Bob Pettit, David Thompson

Again... Players that played for the Hawks.  We drafted Dr. J too.

But Luka, Bill, Dr. J, and David Thompson Never played for the Hawks. 

We did draft Pete Maravich...   54 years ago.

So.. Every 47 years, we can look forward to drafting a superstar.  I don't know if I will make it to 2064... before we get another shot at it?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Again... Players that played for the Hawks.  We drafted Dr. J too.

But Luka, Bill, Dr. J, and David Thompson Never played for the Hawks. 

We did draft Pete Maravich...   54 years ago.

So.. Every 47 years, we can look forward to drafting a superstar.  I don't know if I will make it to 2064... before we get another shot at it?

Probably not Diesel.  I don't know about you, but I think 2064 is not too likely for me.

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It’s go time gentleman. Haven’t received an update but things could move quickly 

I hope we don't trade DJM for 2 second round picks and a couple of over the hill (or never made it up the hill) guys.