• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am worried we are going to suck this season by design; fail in our trade efforts to bring in a second star; not get immediate stars with our picks; lose a bunch the next couple years; lose Trae; and end up with a total rebuild in a couple of years that will have us trading away JJ so we don’t waste his prime tanking.  Then we will be almost 10 years removed from being competitive before we come back around.  This seems very plausible if our front office can’t handle the next 36 months and the fact that we just brought in Chris Grant is not a ringing endorsement of even Ressler’s confidence in this group.

It doesn’t need to go that badly.  But oof.  The potential for eviacerating ourselves is there.

This is really on Ressler. Travis valued those draft assets, he didn't and only could see his cash cow getting angry and him matching that anger. Maybe ASG would also shoot themselves if they had a Trae Young to sell tickets as they did it without a Trae Young. Tony's downfall is Al Horford and Trae Young

Tony didn't value winning as much as he valued star power and selling tickets. He claimed he values winning but his decisions say otherwise to everyone watching. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If Toronto can't be dragged kicking and screaming into a rebuild, neither can we. 

There’s no rebuild coming, there can’t be, it’s all lies. Hawks front office can’t do that to the fans. If they do they better jet outta town.

Jaime, her penny pitching tight with money husband Tony, Landry, all really pissing me off. 😡 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Perhaps the most perplexing part is a large percentage of the board is actively rooting for it to happen.

Those folks are stupid. Always looking for rebuilds and hauls and fun in the draft.

We drafted 2001-2007 hard, back from 2016-2020..

First one took 7 years.. second one took about 5 years.

With Trae you don’t rebuild…. Sorry.

DID YALL WATCH THE GAME LAST NIGHT? Trae is a top 3 MOST SKILLED PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE, think about it.

Management: Get it together and retool, this ain’t a rebuild don’t be stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just because you fail once does not guarantee that you will fail again.  Just because the Hawk's front office failed and we're now reaping the results, we are not guaranteed another failure.

Sometimes people learn from their mistakes.  Hopefully, the brain thrust of the Atlanta Hawks are aware of the pitfalls that they have created and will not repeat them.  Remember, "Doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting different results."

Quin Snyder was not here when all this mess was made.  His voice will be heard, I'm sure, as we enter into this rebuild or whatever we choose to call it.  Front office must not trade for any player that he does not want.  This is a vital part of all this.  If this rebuild fails, he must get his part of the blame.  If it is successful, which we all hope it is, we, as a team, will succeed.

:smug:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I understand anyone who is against a rebuild. I dont need to repeat any of those points as they are all valid.

But the point that is getting lost is that we are already losing NOW while we thought we were built to win. That is a huge problem. Looking at the company we are keeping in the standings, we are next to teams in similar situations (Bulls, Raps, Nets) who all overvalued their players and the product on the court doesn’t match the expectations of the fans or front office.

We can keep telling ourselves we are one big time move away but it will just delay the inevitable. It is better to make the hard decisions now and maximize value/return for your (underachieving) assets with hopes of getting the right pieces in place.

I don’t think it can happen by keeping a bunch of drafted players, but if we can use resources to acquire skilled veterans that fit the profile of what Trae needs then it can work. There is just too much money tied up in a losing roster that is trending downward by the day. 
Whether you want to rebuild or not, we are a BAD team either way. Might as well be smart about it if you’re still going to lose games.

I don’t thing swinging big is going to work, not unless we get lucky again with another player who demands to play with Trae like DJ did.

Trae and JJ are your centerpieces. Soth already explained the vision with building around these two. There is no 3rd star magically appearing, bit damnit if we can’t at least find size, length, IQ,  and some hustle, you can do worse than a walking 30-10 PG and a stat stuffing forward as your starting point.

We literally can't rebuild. SAS has our '25, '26 swap, and '27. What are we going to rebuild with? We are in deep trouble. The fact we have no protections on those picks is just crazy. We could be entering a very dark period for this franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Since Tony been the owner and Trae's been the face. There hasn't been one stud who's been available for us to add with Trae outside of Murray and we should have never took that shot to begin with but we did because we were desperate for another star. This is on us, no one else. The fact is, Travis messed up when he traded Trae for Luka. We could have did everything else the same and we would still be contenders right now if not for that trade decision. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

We literally can't rebuild. SAS has our '25, '26 swap, and '27. What are we going to rebuild with? We are in deep trouble. The fact we have no protections on those picks is just crazy. We could be entering a very dark period for this franchise. 

I know Travis told them to not do that but they swear Trae is that guy seeing them ticket sales and the profit. Tony f***ed this up even more than ASG. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Those folks are stupid. Always looking for rebuilds and hauls and fun in the draft.

We drafted 2001-2007 hard, back from 2016-2020..

First one took 7 years.. second one took about 5 years.

With Trae you don’t rebuild…. Sorry.

DID YALL WATCH THE GAME LAST NIGHT? Trae is a top 3 MOST SKILLED PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE, think about it.

Management: Get it together and retool, this ain’t a rebuild don’t be stupid.

I can't stand those people.. 

They are essentially fans of other teams that want Trae.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

rebuild

The French call it.. “retòól” it’s a chic way of saying..

WHAT THE F&CK HAPPENED TO OUR WAR CHEST OF ASSETS JUST 3 YEARS AGO..

😐 

@Gray Mule I gots Caviar wishes and champagne (not dude on spurs) 😴’s..

ps I know my allotment..

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yep but, sadly, @RedDawg#8 is right.  We're rebuilding whether we know it or not.  And since we got no picks to tank with, this is not a rebuild 'by default'.  It's the rare rebuild by 'the fault'.  As in, all this sh*t is the fault of shoddy management and (cl)ownership.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya and some of our guys recruited those dude from FakeGM!!!! 😡 not naming any names .. @kg01 you were duped! 

I'm basicslly the hawks on this subject.  I have no defense .... (its ok to lol then cry).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, AHF said:

I will say that is seems very possible we could build a dynasty if we trade our vets for expiring garbage and first round picks.  It could be something that actually leads to a ring or even multiple rings.*

So we could look forward to shaping the next big era of the NBA!

(* for San Antonio).

tenor.gif?itemid=9536068

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2