• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I mean, to be fair the fit is perfect.  It's what we've never been able to pair Trae with -- an elite big.  Teams don't trade those types of players and we didn't find one in the draft.

The only player available to us during the entire time we had Trae that's a stud big doesn't exist. We never had access to one. OO was our best bet. Ending the tank too early ruined our shot at Chet, Jabari, Mobley, and Paolo. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

When I said a couple months ago, we are by far in the worst situation in the NBA in maybe in the last 30 years, I meant that shit. The only thing we got going for us is Coach Quin and win with a less if it fits and has high BBIQ. 

Brooklyn situation wasn't even as bad as ours due to the fact that they are in Brooklyn. Many players love NY. We are a small market in terms of NBA. We had no business basically restocking the Spurs dynasty. 

Move this f***ing franchise to Vegas and give us the Timberwolves or give us the Thunder or the Grizzlies. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I mean, to be fair the fit is perfect.  It's what we've never been able to pair Trae with -- an elite big.  Teams don't trade those types of players and we didn't find one in the draft.

so let SAS look elsewhere to find that elite PG to pair with their elite big.

I think it was Stan Vangundy (I think) who said....you can have a great big but unless you have a PG to get him the ball in the right spots his greatness will never be fully realize (or something like that). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'll take the Timberwolves. They got Ant, Gobert, KAT, McDaniels, etc. 

The Grizzlies are in a tremendous situation. They are tanking this year and will be loaded next year. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's a lie to say the only way to be successful with a player is to have one other type of player with them. 

Bro, with Trae, we badly needed that type. He's not LeBron

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When I said a couple months ago, we are by far in the worst situation in the NBA in maybe in the last 30 years, I meant that shit. The only thing we got going for us is Coach Quin and win with a less if it fits and has high BBIQ. 

Brooklyn situation wasn't even as bad as ours due to the fact that they are in Brooklyn. Many players love NY. We are a small market in terms of NBA. We had no business basically restocking the Spurs dynasty. 

Move this f***ing franchise to Vegas and give us the Timberwolves or give us the Thunder or the Grizzlies. 

The hyperbole is thicccc in this post. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What's happening now was predictable and predicted.  You can't skimp and expect to win.  Everyone who's not tanking is trying to get better.  We didn't try. 

As great as JJ is you can't go into the season with your only PF on the whole roster a guy who's never logged meaningful minutes in the NBA.   Spud took a lot of heat for discounting JJ but nothing he said was wrong.  We needed another quality PF. 

And then have a center rotation that has no offensive game at all. 

Hunter/Bey would be fine as a SF rotation if it wasn't also the PF rotation.   

Add to that only one NBA caliber guard off the bench and you have a team with no depth and below average talent.  

Not having an elite big may be why we aren't a contender but not having NBA talent and depth is why we aren't at least 4th or 5th in the east. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13153687

• Premium Member
Just now, Bonzaii58 said:

The noise is getting louder. 

Of course it is.  I would be surprised if any of you are surprised.  

Then they get pissed off when players do ask out.  It's comical!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What's happening now was predictable and predicted.  You can't skimp and expect to win.  Everyone who's not tanking is trying to get better.  We didn't try. 

As great as JJ is you can't go into the season with your only PF on the whole roster a guy who's never logged meaningful minutes in the NBA.   Spud took a lot of heat for discounting JJ but nothing he said was wrong.  We needed another quality PF. 

And then have a center rotation that has no offensive game at all. 

Hunter/Bey would be fine as a SF rotation if it wasn't also the PF rotation.   

Add to that only one NBA caliber guard off the bench and you have a team with no depth and below average talent.  

Not having an elite big may be why we aren't a contender but not having NBA talent and depth is why we aren't at least 4th or 5th in the east. 

summed up to perfection. You can't nickle and dime and compete in the NBA in 2023. The conference is too loaded. This very same team would be 8th seed the last couple of years, but now is not a couple of years ago. We could have used Huerter last year, we could have used Collins this year... at the very least we should have at least traded those guys for players who could contribute in big time areas of need. Backup C was a huge need, with only the undersized OO there. We either should have moved him to PF and added a legit backup big or we needed to add a PF. But having OO be our main backup C and then asking him to be our backup PF as well is dumb, as you pointed out what has ended up happening is us having to play Hunter and Bey at PF where they are completely out of position. I have zero issues with shipping Collins or Huerter but we subtracted without adding anything. This team needed defense, and with no Collins it needed another big. We acquired none of that. This team looked good early on but as soon as our paper thin roster started getting hurt it came completely undone.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

Not going back to look, but I seem to recall NBASupes saying before the season that this Hawks team, as currently configured, would win 60 games and be top 4 before failing to get traction in the playoffs due to not being built right for the playoffs.

Do I mis-remember?

It is unfortunate that Jalen and Hunter have been out as much as they have, and Hawks foolishly did not add depth for that possibility.

I say keep Trae and find some way to add an offensive big by this offseason - Zion, Kat, whoever. I am so sick of watching OO and Capela fumbling passes and shots, and surprised by how much OO regressed this season.

Every year I predict 60 wins or more. Every year. I am always if everything works, this is what I expect to happen. What matters is what I say anytime other than that. Especially after the first 10 games. 

• Like 2