• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Pretty much this.  Trae has repped the city of Atlanta unlike any other star Hawks player EVER.  I don't think people quite understand how disastrous losing him would be.  I have to say, I'm pretty surprised at Quin.  His handling of young players is just as bad as Nate Mcmillan.  Why is he so afraid to play A.J. or Kobe?  The top coaches aren't scared to play younger guys because their secure in their own ability as coach.  The average ones just lean on veterans.

I don't understand what is going on with this situation. There has to be something more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Pretty much this.  Trae has repped the city of Atlanta unlike any other star Hawks player EVER.  I don't think people quite understand how disastrous losing him would be.  I have to say, I'm pretty surprised at Quin.  His handling of young players is just as bad as Nate Mcmillan.  Why is he so afraid to play A.J. or Kobe?  The top coaches aren't scared to play younger guys because they’re secure in their own ability as coach.  The average ones just lean on veterans.

I don’t think you can blame Quin for AJ.  AJ had mental issues over the summer and this season and has largely been garbage in the minutes he has gotten.  He needs to get his head right.

Kobe will get his chance.  Fingers crossed to see how he does.

JJ is a big success story for Quin.

So I can’t say agree that Quin won’t play young or inexperienced players.  Kobe is the only possible outrage and he has gotten less time than undrafted and second round young, inexperienced players so why is that?  Health is obviously one reason.  I’m hoping it is primary reason.  But time will tell on this.

Play of young players is not at the top of the list with what I need to see from Quin rest of the season.  (Although if we tank like Mikey says that will come inevitably).

• Like 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, no, no, no.

We traded these picks for a lesser player, now we are getting these same picks back for a better player? That's a loss not once but twice.

Don't compound one 'mistake' by making an even bigger one. :blanky:

If all we are, is hell-bent on getting these picks back, this is a shortsighted approach. No matter how A+ these prospects are on these future drafts, there's no guarantee we make the right pick or that they pan out.

:blanky: :blanky: :blanky:

They're flying by the seat of their pants on a wing and a prayer. :blanky:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

The latest I got is Atlanta is doing everything to add a star that fits better to Trae and JJ. They aren't going to do that with any low ball offers. 

I am choosing to believe this because it is the only move that makes sense.  So I’m not going off the deep end on the fear that this team is going to jump into a full rebuild but instead looking to retool for better fit and results.  If the team lets me down then they can expect all the blowback that will come with deciding to take that path.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't understand what is going on with this situation. There has to be something more.

It's perplexing to say the least because (looks at roster) it makes zero sense.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

https://www.si.com/nba/jazz/news/report-jazz-lauri-markkanen-nba-trade-deadline

“Report: Jazz’s Lauri Markkanen ‘Off the Market’ Amid NBA Trade Deadline”

Welp….that sucks. Really don’t see a path forward in a DJM trade right now that makes us better. Can we maybe get some good picks? Sure, I guess.

But might be better off just hanging on to him until the off-season and praying someone like KAT, JB, or Bridges becomes available.

We really should have tried to get KP in the offseason. JJ/KP/OO would have been great.

I agree with all of your points except the last one.  KP is a walking injury.  Watch it bite Boston in the buttocks.

PATH OF THE INFILTRATOR

September 2016:  Landry Fields named as college scout for San Antonio Spurs.

September 2019:  Promoted to GM of Austin Spurs, San Antonio Spurs G League affiliate.

October 2020:  Named Hawks Assistant GM.

June 2022:  Promoted to Hawks GM.  Sends 3 first round draft picks to San Antonio Spurs.

Present Day:  Rumors circulating that either Dejounte Murray or Trae Young may be traded to San Antonio Spurs.

0B4252E1-0CB7-4A8F-91F6-65CB91288A43.jpeg.85af1c105b34ba64f0fe61a79712809c.jpeg

915E7159-1B06-487F-B7DA-4E4602017682.gif.b8296d5f485067593f745bbc4d59caa5.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

my optimistic guess is a directive from FO in that they plan on keeping them long term so there's no need to showcase them for a trade. 

Reminder: that's my optimistic GUESS

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Chrimturn said:

PATH OF THE INFILTRATOR

September 2019:  Promoted to GM of Austin Spurs, San Antonio Spurs G League affiliate.

June 2022:  Promoted to Hawks GM.  Sends 3 first round draft picks to San Antonio Spurs.

Present Day:  Rumors circulating that either Dejounte Murray or Trae Young may be traded to San Antonio Spurs.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I agree with all of your points except the last one.  KP is a walking injury.  Watch it bite Boston in the buttocks.

That bite has them in first place so far. And he’a played in 80% of games last year and 75% so far this year. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How will The Squawk feel if another trade deadline passes and we have not made any moves, after once again having made almost everyone trade available?

Pissed 🤬

• Premium Member

Question.  What if we brought Levine or Derozen in?  Would this help the Hawks anf Trae?  They're both go to guys that could get to the line.  Think about it.  Both have some size.  6-6 and 6-8

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

Question.  What if we brought Levine or Derozen in?  Would this help the Hawks anf Trae?  They're both go to guys that could get to the line.  Think about it.  Both have some size.  6-6 and 6-8

I would prefer Derozan since he would be a free agent and hopefully sign for a cheaper deal, or we SnT him for assets, or we just let him walk and use the money in free agency.

Levine seems like he will be a headache. He wouldn't be a willing #2 option, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

PATH OF THE INFILTRATOR

That would make for a hell of a 30 for 30.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I would prefer Derozan since he would be a free agent and hopefully sign for a cheaper deal, or we SnT him for assets, or we just let him walk and use the money in free agency.

Levine seems like he will be a headache. He wouldn't be a willing #2 option, in my opinion. 

Derozan would take heat off Trae as a scorer.  Derozan gets in the paint and causes havoc.   I think the bulls would move either.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Not opposed with bringing in either guy.

It does absolutely nothing to help our defensive issues, but it may make us a better close out team offensively.

• Like 3