• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Whatever trade...needs to happen soon.  The comments are cringeworthy...mine specifically.  I can't stop laughing at yall. I just hope I keep laughing at Hawksquawk and not some dumb trade. Perhaps I need to  run away like DJ Pooh.

IMB_20190724084830_cE4N.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

I Hope this isn’t true!

Oh man, somebody Google Fournier to see what he's up to. 

Also, I feel dummer for having clicked on that for some reason.

:Korver: It's "dumber", kg.

I know, Kial.  And STFU to you too.

Honestly, that smells like the trade folks here have been flirting around with leaking the past few week-months. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Knicks fans think he's making this up.

Of course they do. They think they can get Murray for Fournier and Grimes only

...and who the hell is Kenny?????

That makes no sense. DJ and AJ are miles better than each of them no matter how you compare any of them. DJ better than both of them and AJ better than both of them. Even 2 unprotected firsts with that package is absolute dog sh!t.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

I don't think Minne would want OO with Dejounte if they are trying to get out the second Apron and fill out their roster.  OO will be at $14 million and Murray at about $26 million next season.  

I hope so. What can NY offer that fits the Minnesota roster better than Murray AND provides the cost savings they may need?

image.thumb.png.2215c78729d7b0e068e66c85f2377d34.png

I haven't figured out picks, but I believe Minne will want some expirings and picks.  Patti, Murray and Saddiq gives Minne the most flexibility.  Not saying the above is the trade from other teams, just the Hawks to Minne part.

I think it'll make more sense to send them Murray, Bey, and Mills and some picks. One from a Capela trade if possible.  

Mills and Bey can't be traded this summer. 

• Like 2

Just now, warcore said:

That makes no sense. DJ and AJ are miles better than each of them no matter how you compare any of them. DJ better than both of them and AJ better than both of them. Even 2 unprotected firsts with that package is absolute dog sh!t.

AJ is definitely not better than Grimes.  Grimes is a 2-way player.  Fournier, to me, is completely washed.  Maybe Trae could get some value out of the guy.

Grimes is still on his rookie deal, and can be a rotation player.  Fournier can be wiped off the books this summer.   This falls in line with how Ressler has been operating the Hawks.

If they do this deal, expect a similar deal involving Capela to take place, so that they can wipe 40+ mill off the books and possibly be a player in free agency this summer.

But if no one wants Capela, it'll be interesting to see who else they may let go for expirings.  ( Bogi and/or Hunter are the only ones that make sense, considering their current and future salaries ).

• Like 3

• Moderators

That trade is straight garbage so hopefully it is being leaked by someone for leverage and our FO is not seriously considering that ****.  

If that trade were to happen, the Front Office is Uncle Phil and Trae is Jazz:

rs_560x314-151117125934-jazzy-jeff.gif?f

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

I Hope this isn’t true!

Why would we be sending picks out in this deal?  Someone must have misheard "2nd rounder" for "Knicks sending 2 firsts" for this to remotely make sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AHF said:

But in a draft class where there isn't a clear top player there is opportunity for the scout to be the person who discovers and champions the best player in the entire draft class. 

this is exactly what I'm sayin!! Be the one that stays on your toes while some of the other jackasses are mailing it in because there's no Tim Duncan/LeBron, and it will pay dividends. Now I'm confused if we're arguing or dancing??? 🤔