• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Another knucklehead fan fiction got y’all riled up again… we really are suffering here

Put it this way...regardless of the return, one thing for sure is Messy Ressy is looking to cut money first and foremost. Returns seems secondary.  Bank on that.

It's a lose, lose.

I'm praying I'm  wrong so I can eat lots of crow.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Put it this way...regardless of the return, one thing for sure is Messy Ressy is looking to cut money first and foremost. Returns seems secondary.  Bank on that.

He must be seeing stars with that Evan Fournier expiring contract.  Smh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wouldn't quite reach that far.  He has been looking to cut money to get under the tax line first and foremost.  Agreed.  But we don't need to make moves to get under because we are already $10M under.  I assume we won't be paying the tax anytime soon so there may be moves that have to get done but this is not a pressing time sensitive issue right now compared to other deals we've done where we were over the tax line and moved to get under.

• Like 3

• Moderators

FWIW - Here is an "update" that isn't quite as negative in a roundup article:

Who are the biggest names on the market?

Dejounte Murray, Atlanta Hawks

Statistics: 21 PTS (47/38/83), 4.8 REB, 4.8 AST (2.2 TO), 1.4 STL

Contract: $17.7M (2023-24) • $24.8M (2024-25) • $26.8M (2025-26) • $28.8M (2026-27) • $30.8M (2027-28)

The lowdown: "Murray has generated a substantial market during preliminary conversations around the league. The Hawks have been considered one of the more aggressive front offices this season, sources said, in terms of teams that have been willing to approach rival executives with actual trade concepts as opposed to general interest in specific players. And at this juncture, to varying degrees, the Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Philadelphia 76ers and Detroit Pistons are five suitors expected to engage Atlanta about acquiring Murray over the coming days and weeks." — Jake Fischer, Yahoo Sports

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2024-nba-trade-deadline-who-could-be-moved-and-who-could-be-looking-to-make-a-deal-203858449.html

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I wouldn't quite reach that far.  He has been looking to cut money to get under the tax line first and foremost.  Agreed.  But we don't need to make moves to get under because we are already $10M under.  I assume we won't be paying the tax anytime soon so there may be moves that have to get done but this is not a pressing time sensitive issue right now compared to other deals we've done where we were over the tax line and moved to get under.

In regards to next season if we don't make any trades we are $9mil under the Tax without Bey and the other 11 guarantees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still can't get over Rick Kamla hosting nbaradio, absolutely ripping the Hawks organization for looking to trade Murray "because they're too cheap to re-sign him".

Guy had no clue Murray's already re-signed.

Those are your eggsperts, folx. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, deester11 said:

It's what we do. At least me.  Let me have this.  

You ARE the Simpson baby 🥳 I don’t even have to look at the poster when it’s Homer it’s you dawg!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I still can't get over Rick Kamla hosting nbaradio, absolutely ripping the Hawks organization for looking to trade Murray "because they're too cheap to re-sign him".

Guy had no clue Murray's already re-signed.

Those are your eggsperts, folx. 

Don't need to trade him but we prolly will..like to make some other moves first if possible 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

And at this juncture, to varying degrees, the Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Philadelphia 76ers and Detroit Pistons are five suitors expected to engage Atlanta about acquiring Murray over the coming days and weeks."

What can we get from Detroit?

Besides their expiring contracts that the Hawks covet in Joe Harris and the other Bogey.

Screenshot_20240119_104306_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I seriously question how much value you guys think DJM is worth. In what world is 3 assets in grimes and two firsts a bad package. You are not getting a better player than Murray back in a Murray deal. They aren't trying to win this season...stop trying to make trades with that objective in mind

Sad but true.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I seriously question how much value you guys think DJM is worth. In what world is 3 assets in grimes and two firsts a bad package. You are not getting a better player than Murray back in a Murray deal. They aren't trying to win this season...stop trying to make trades with that objective in mind

There not going to win this season...I'd wait v4 trading to NY..find something else