• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Grimes and filler.

The NY media is spinning the hell out of our Front Office.

Can I be GM for the day.  I promise, I will make no trades.  I just want to step in front of a camera and go viral telling all these other teams to F off!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Couple quick thoughts:

1 - It is not easy to get back in the playoffs after bottoming out.  It is not guaranteed.  It can be many years.  Don’t treat that as a given.

2 - I agree with the idea of keeping Murray unless and until you can get real value for him.  We’ve seen it with Siakam, Harden and others.  Wait until the right time to sell when someone wants him and is willing to pay.

3 - I don’t like the idea of building around Murray.  The team consistently struggles when he is running the show.  He needs to be a complimentary piece not the best player on a team.  

4 - We need to take our shot at building around Trae.  If we suck in a few years and he leaves then we rebuild then when we have our picks again.  Right now it is a shorter path to retooling this team than it is to tanking without our picks or throwing away the most significant player we’ve had since Nique.

With regard to #3, it seems that no one got that memo to DJM tonight.  We play like a team when he runs the show.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I think we have good pieces here.

For everybody that says trade Clint... I say.. what has OO done to solidify the spot.   OO to me has been the biggest disappointment of 2024.  He still does dumb stuff... makes dumb fouls... misses defensive assignments.   He has put us in a position where it's hard to just move Clint because our defense is totally better when Clint hits the floor.   And if we do trade for a Center, OO is just a BU...  
If you didn't know.. He's one of my center pieces this offseason when we go after KAT.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

With regard to #3, it seems that no one got that memo to DJM tonight.  We play like a team when he runs the show.

It was off an on.  I agree with AHF's assessment.   DJs dribble is loose.   Miami is a great team for him to be lead PG because they are a slow pace team and DJ is strengthened in the faster pace game.   So if you can allow DJ to play transition, he's a better player.   But we don't want to have DJ vs the Pacers or the Kings or the Jazz....we'll get kilt. 

image.png

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

It was off an on.  I agree with AHF's assessment.   DJs dribble is loose.   Miami is a great team for him to be lead PG because they are a slow pace team and DJ is strengthened in the faster pace game.   So if you can allow DJ to play transition, he's a better player.   But we don't want to have DJ vs the Pacers or the Kings or the Jazz....we'll get kilt. 

image.png

Yeah, Trae pounding the ball near half court and getting a 24 second violation is better, huh?

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think we have good pieces here.

For everybody that says trade Clint... I say.. what has OO done to solidify the spot.   OO to me has been the biggest disappointment of 2024.  He still does dumb stuff... makes dumb fouls... misses defensive assignments.   He has put us in a position where it's hard to just move Clint because our defense is totally better when Clint hits the floor.   And if we do trade for a Center, OO is just a BU...  
If you didn't know.. He's one of my center pieces this offseason when we go after KAT.

Im right there with you on OO that man has severely disappointed me and my lord was i super high on him after the 1st year or 2.  Either the scheme is to hard for him or he is as soft as tissue mentally and him not being given the starting C position has made him sulk and not put as much effort in.  I don't know which it is but if this is the best he has in Quinns scheme then he gotta go with other players like AJ, Hunter, maybe even Bufkin or bogi to get a star replacement which as you said KAT would be perfect.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Yeah, Trae pounding the ball near half court and getting a 24 second violation is better, huh?

That was so last year...

The one thing I credit Snyder with is that he has made us move with and without the ball better.  So we run the HS three man weave most of the time and some of the time, Trae doesn't even have the ball. 

But that was a good try @Watchman  bring back the memories of yesterday!

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Threezus said:

Im right there with you on OO that man has severely disappointed me and my lord was i super high on him after the 1st year or 2.  Either the scheme is to hard for him or he is as soft as tissue mentally and him not being given the starting C position has made him sulk and not put as much effort in.  I don't know which it is but if this is the best he has in Quinns scheme then he gotta go with other players like AJ, Hunter, maybe even Bufkin or bogi to get a star replacement which as you said KAT would be perfect.

I have given him a lot of passes over his time here.  In his first year, he would jump at every head fake.   He cleaned that up. 

In his second year, he couldn't catch the lob pass without coming down with it.  He still does that a little. 

IN his second and third year, he would leave his defensive assignment to go to the perimeter.   I thought it was part of the defensive scheme. 

Now.  he still goes to the perimeter instead of protect the middle..  and his switches are poor because he switches out of position.  He runs over picks.. He crashes out at 3 pt shooters.   Reggie Miller would love OO. 

I don't think it's system because I have seen us dumb defense down to a zone. 

He's a shot blocker but he never learned about good defensive positioning... nor does he anticipate the play well.   That's what guys like Clint and Delon does best... they anticipate.   OO better learn that before Clint is moved. 

• Like 3

Do any of you remember the days when we had Tree Rollins and Steve Hawes?  Tree was a great defender, but he was always in foul trouble.  In comes Steve Hawes, a center with a jumpshot, but only a mediocre defender.  However, I think it would be worth considering a similar combo for now.  Capela is not in foul trouble all the time, but his health issues reduce his minutes.  We had Roundfield to help with rebounds and Hawes was a decent rebounder.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Minnesota is not giving up Kat for a bunch of Bums. Hate to bust your pipe dream .

Why would they  breakup their team so that you can get better.  It makes no sense. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Do any of you remember the days when we had Tree Rollins and Steve Hawes?  Tree was a great defender, but he was always in foul trouble.  In comes Steve Hawes, a center with a jumpshot, but only a mediocre defender.  However, I think it would be worth considering a similar combo for now.  Capela is not in foul trouble all the time, but his health issues reduce his minutes.

I don't have a problem with keeping everything pat...  Even our Centers. 

I think Clint does a lot of good things but people only focus on the bunnies.   He leads the freaking lead in offensive rebounds and it's fools in here that says that he has no trade value.  THAT'S BS

Clint Rebounds.  He has a Motor.  He plays good defense.   He can score on the PNR..  AND next year is the last year on his contract.   CLINT HAS PLENTY OF VALUE.  When I hear that, I know there's a liar in our presence. 

OO can hit middy shots.   He is a shot blocker.  He has to improve his rebounding.  He has to improve his anticipation and defensive positioning.   At some point, he got to stop getting little boy'd out there ... And please stop jumping at three point shooters.

They both have their flaws.. but i am not against standing pat with them. I would play Bruno some... I would build up the big lineup when we play against big teams. 

We have been missing #12.  He's not a savior, but he's better than Matthews and he's bigger than Mathews.   People we're going crazy about the prospect of getting Middleton...  There is nothing that Middleton does better than #12.   When he comes back... if he's closer to 100%, we will be rolling.  We just have to stay healthy.

MAKE QUIN EARN HIS 8 Million this year.  Make him figure this shit out.  Stand pat...

Unless you can get Isaac for Patty and Bey.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Minnesota is not giving up Kat for a bunch of Bums. Hate to bust your pipe dream .

Why would they  breakup their team so that you can get better.  It makes no sense. 

Once you realize that they are not bums.. you may understand better.  When Minny loses in the 1st round, they will realize that they are spending way too much.   If we can give them a good mix of players, expirings, and picks.. we can get KAT.  Mark it down.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't have a problem with keeping everything pat...  Even our Centers. 

I think Clint does a lot of good things but people only focus on the bunnies.   He leads the freaking lead in offensive rebounds and it's fools in here that says that he has no trade value.  THAT'S BS

Clint Rebounds.  He has a Motor.  He plays good defense.   He can score on the PNR..  AND next year is the last year on his contract.   CLINT HAS PLENTY OF VALUE.  When I hear that, I know there's a liar in our presence. 

OO can hit middy shots.   He is a shot blocker.  He has to improve his rebounding.  He has to improve his anticipation and defensive positioning.   At some point, he got to stop getting little boy'd out there ... And please stop jumping at three point shooters.

They both have their flaws.. but i am not against standing pat with them. I would play Bruno some... I would build up the big lineup when we play against big teams. 

We have been missing #12.  He's not a savior, but he's better than Matthews and he's bigger than Mathews.   People we're going crazy about the prospect of getting Middleton...  There is nothing that Middleton does better than #12.   When he comes back... if he's closer to 100%, we will be rolling.  We just have to stay healthy.

MAKE QUIN EARN HIS 8 Million this year.  Make him figure this shit out.  Stand pat...

Unless you can get Isaac for Patty and Bey.

I.like Patty, and would llike to keep him around.  I would play him more than we currently do.  

Edited by Watchman

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I.like Patty, and would llike to keep him around.  I would play him more than we currently do.  

Spoiler

image.png

This is what you need to crack Snyders rotation. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Once you realize that they are not bums.. you may understand better.  When Minny loses in the 1st round, they will realize that they are spending way too much.   If we can give them a good mix of players, expirings, and picks.. we can get KAT.  Mark it down.

We don't have a good mix of players and draft picks to give them. We traded away our draft picks and the players you are referring to are all underperforming. Why would I do that , to make you feel better. If Kat can't lead his team past the first round why do you want him anyway. It ain't happening. 

Mark it Down !!!

• Like 1

Insiders @Sothron @Mikey @NBASupes @Vol4ever @thecampster

Does these strong back to back performances from Murray change the front office initial plans to trade Murray?

do they hold off for a bigger potential deal this offseason?….

i have to agree with most on this board that Murray should not just be given away. I don’t think his value is being taken seriously in these trade offers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This probably isn't the thread to talk about player's performances this season but I have to say that OO has been the second most disappointed Hawk for me. Bey takes the cake by a long shot. He can't defend even though he tries. It is his complete lack of three point shooting. He literally can't hit at all this season. I sincerely hope we trade him and let him be someone else's RFA worry this offseason.

OO has not stepped up like everyone hoped he would. 

I was actually going to post something similar about OO. He is not the same player under Synder. I still say keep him though since his contract isn’t that much unless he can be traded in a package to return a star player.