• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wasn't it reported that the Nets didn't want to meet the DJ asking price of two 1sts but want this?

Make it make sense. :laugh1:

Haha — Truly incredible times.  Puff puff the magic dragon

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

TPE or sunthin' for PJ Wash and leggo.   We ain't that far out from it. 

PJ is making $15 million so it fits the TPE, and he has 2 years left, Hornets would most likely want some kind of asset. Not sure what that would look like. Sac 1st?

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dunno.  I'm just the idea guy.  You're head of implementation.  

I've only seen one 'rumor' of PJ to Dallas for the Olivier kid they drafted #24 this past draft, so I think the 2024 Sac 1st (currently #18l can work if that's the kind of deal Charlotte is seeking.

Buuuut......taking him into the TPE puts us over the Luxury Tax by ~$6 million, so we'll need to send out someone like Patty Mills to stay under the tax.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

How much does Rozier 💲 can we get in on that at the right price? Backing up Trae wouldn’t be the worst he’s got a lil woof 🐶 woof 🐶 in him, imaging him and DJ going on one while the superstar gets a blow here and there.

I’d look into it. PJ and Rozier for HEY BEY BEY and a 2nd 🏃‍♀️ 

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

PJ is making $15 million so it fits the TPE, and he has 2 years left, Hornets would most likely want some kind of asset. Not sure what that would look like. Sac 1st?

Bey Bruno and Sac 1st for PJ n scary 😱 T! 🤝 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've only seen one 'rumor' of PJ to Dallas for the Olivier kid they drafted #24 this past draft, so I think the 2024 Sac 1st (currently #18l can work if that's the kind of deal Charlotte is seeking.

Buuuut......taking him into the TPE puts us over the Luxury Tax by ~$6 million, so we'll need to send out someone like Patty Mills to stay under the tax.

Pat E. is untouchable in my book. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I doubt we're making any moves before the deadline.  This front office is new and getting experience in deal negotiating but will be too timid to pull the trigger or be assertive in negotiations.  My guess is we maybe move Capela by the deadline, but I doubt anything more than that will happen.

Why do we who are Squawk posters go off the deep end over 1st round picks?  We will not get any high lottery picks, but rather those late ones, like #20 and above.  Rules say, if you draft 'em in the 1st round, then you must sign them to a contract.  2nd round picks come with no such guarantee.

I say, take known players in any trade unless you have another team wanting picks that you can trade with.  After each draft there are undrafted players.  Every NBA team will sign some.  Then, in season, like right now, there are G League players who would make fine "end of the bench players.  NBA teams have control of only 3 of their players on their G League team.  The others are there for the taking.

Hawks, for some reason, don't have any cheap contracts with their 15 players on their roster.  We are not over the tax limit but we're cutting it close.  Doesn't make a lot of sense, having a big payroll and a losing record.  

:ahf:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Agree, way too thin for the Lakers.  We shld add a few picks.  And Trae. 

If we add Trae... and Clint.. do you think they'd give us Skylar Mayes Back??

I mean, I know that the Lakers want to secretly build with former Hawks and call themselves the WestHawks... but they can let us have Skylar.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Thoughts?

Chicago pick is top 10 protected in 2025 and top 8 protected in 2026, 2027.

That pick could go either way.  Very likely to convert, but Chicago could go into full blown tanking and you lose it.  

The Laker pick looks really nice.  Could be top 5.

No thoughts on the trade as it’s another rumor I’m not taking serious.  

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I doubt we're making any moves before the deadline.  This front office is new and getting experience in deal negotiating but will be too timid to pull the trigger or be assertive in negotiations.  My guess is we maybe move Capela by the deadline, but I doubt anything more than that will happen.

Typical Hawks.  Wouldn't surprise me at all.