• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"Worse case"?  Not according to like 30% of this board.  There's an uncomfortable amount of Hawks "fans" that are happy about this.  They'll show themselves in the coming days so keep a look out for these frauds.

That said, we should have enough to not fall totally off a cliff if we play AND COACH with some pride. 

Trae just had a 30/10 December that propelled him into the Allstar game and the History books. 

The people that are ecstatic about these last two wins, don't truly understand that when you win on a last second shot, it means you almost lost.  How many times can we count on Old man Patty to pull a good game out of his hat.   How many times can we expect Garrison to hit big shots.   We had a lot of things go right.  The refs didn't mess us up.   The wins were too close for comfort.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed and celebrate the wins.  But I also say...  I know we can't count on some of those things that happened to continue to happen. 

Lastly... I don't like our coaching.   I don't see play development in the second half.   I see what Kenny Smith once called Dribble Dribble Dribble Dribble shoot.    Snyder wants us to be like Cleveland was.  A room full of guys who can hit three point shots.  That's great but we don't have that makeup.   All of our guys are streaky.  Moreover, have 3 athletes who know how to attack the basket.  (JJ DJ, and Bey).  Yes, Trae attacks the basket but usually with a lob of a pass.    JJ attacks the basket and can finish.  DJ attacks the basket and can finish.  Bey attacks the basket better than his three point shooting. 

What I fear is that we will dismantle this team and give Snyder what he wants and find out that we're mediocre with him at the helm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Probably the only team that has players I'd be happy with [that would realistically trade them] outside of waiting for the offseason in a potential KAT sweepstakes.

I could see them making a legit push for Zion. And I could see Zion having atl at the top of his wish list 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I doubt people are genuinely happy he had a concussion, even it's clear a lot of people here think he's not that impactful to winning.  I just hope we get some more young guys runs instead of Matthews/Bey/Patty in the rotation.

Your faith in humanity is greater than my own. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update:

Team is looking for two firsts and either a quality young player, a player on a team friendly deal ie cheap or expiring contract(s) for DJM.

Team is trying hard to attach Capela and/or Hunter to  DJ in a trade. Team is trying to shed salary (heard this one before?) and recoup draft assets for what they gave up to get Murray.

Idea has shifted from getting a second star player either now or in the offseason to this goal. If no deal is there that satisfices above wants at the deadline expect it to happen in the offseason when teams are more flexible in trade offers. 

End "insider" non neutral commentary and just the facts approach to what I was told by sources.

Soth's thoughts: if this happens this is the precursor to the inevitable Trae trade demand and eventual Trae sweepstakes trade. When a team switches from trying to put a second star next to its 25 year old superstar to get cheap/pick up firsts that is how a rebuild starts. 

I don't like being the bringer of bad news but trading DJ for that kind of return makes the rebuild a necessity. Trae is not sticking around in his prime years on a team that isn't serious about being a contender.

Well after this news this team won't be relevant for 5 to 7 years.  Maybe longer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Man this team was so fun to watch and still should be as the main core is still here plus uprising of JJ. DJ is an afterthought in this team and needs to be traded asap. I wouldn't trade Dre and would just pray for him to be healthy. Move Bogi to 2 and trade Capela and find a C that can shoot and spread the floor. Trade or bench Bey and this team is still good.

As far as for Trae demanding a trade, just lol. If he's expecting to go to a contender and still has no leash he's just fooling himself. No team will take Trae as a corner stone the way Hawks did. He better stay and wait until the team finds one or 2 solid defenders that can help him

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

If losing Trae and Murray both is the where the team is headed, I'm done. I don't know how they could possibly think this will go over well.

If they do this, they'll piss away any fans they've got the last 5-7 years. These people care dangerously dumb.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Trae is demanding  a trade. But if the team moves players for just saving Ressler money and firsts for cheap rookie contracts...where else does that leave Trae? Why would he want to stick around for that?

It was intentional for Trae to mention he likes the Spurs and Wemby. I could easily see the Spurs sending a package of picks including our own to get Trae at some point.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This franchise no longer deserves any fans if they do this. How could anyone continue to truly care about this franchise at all?

Does anybody believe these people are capable of rebuilding a great team anytime in the next decade? lol

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Plainview1981 said:

Ressler is a snake oil salesman. Most people like him are. 

I like the posters here more than I like this franchise at this point. With each failed run, a piece of my Fandom for this franchise dies.

I'm approaching my mid 40's. I'm too old to give emotional investment to this franchise if they head in that direction. Indifference is setting in at this point.

I am 47 and I already reached the point you are talking about with the Falcons after That Game. I still root for them but I have no emotional investment at all with them. Knowing how much Ressler has flat out lied to fans about contending and spending money...Hawks are close to that for me.

FWIW Brad Rowland went from being a huge Hawks fan to not being a fan at all. He only covers them because it is his job. He couldn't take the constant heartbreak. I am approaching the same.

This is why, I have to point out, having more than one team to cheer for is actually healthy for you. When one franchise is bad or handcuffed by a bad owner you at least have some other options.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I am 47 and I already reached the point you are talking about with the Falcons after That Game. I still root for them but I have no emotional investment at all with them. Knowing how much Ressler has flat out lied to fans about contending and spending money...Hawks are close to that for me.

FWIW Brad Rowland went from being a huge Hawks fan to not being a fan at all. He only covers them because it is his job. He couldn't take the constant heartbreak. I am approaching the same.

This is why, I have to point out, having more than one team to cheer for is actually healthy for you. When one franchise is bad or handcuffed by a bad owner you at least have some other options.

People like Ressler are rarely good people. They either don't know basketball or whatever.

• Like 1