• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Does AJ qualify as a quality asset by this measurement?  2.1 points on 28.9% FG%.  To me, that is a very different type of deal from anything involving Dejounte. 

I wasn’t referring to AJ.  If he is truly a sunk cost and unwilling to mesh/gel with our coaching, then we can look at deals like this (especially if we get a pick for Bey).  Have to consider cap management— AJ is on rookie contract.  Isn’t Grimes a FA soon?

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I wasn’t referring to AJ.  If he is truly a sunk cost and unwilling to mesh/gel with our coaching, then we can look at deals like this (especially if we get a pick for Bey).  Have to consider cap management— AJ is on rookie contract.  Isn’t Grimes a FA soon?

Grime is early extension eligible this offseason, same as JJ. RFAs next offseason.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Grime is early extension eligible this offseason, same as JJ. RFAs next offseason.

He has one year less of team control than AJ (and it feels like we are pissing away this year where he is going unplayed).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

We have broken furniture right now that we've been sitting on and fixing that doesn't do anything to undermine your efforts to land a second star.  These things are not mutually exclusive or in conflict.

Except, in practice, they most certainly are in conflict.  It was widely reported, to this messages boards delight, we were targeting KAT and Siakam this offseason.  Those are two front court players.  In either scenario, if we land one of those guys, Niang is not going to have a spot in the rotation.  You sign him early and 1. you've mismanaged your spending but even worse 2. You've now undermined conversations that would presumably take place during that MLE signing, i.e your role will be this, you will receive a lot of minutes, etc.  

So yes, what we were trying to do absolutely does conflict with what our realistic options were to "fixing a broken chair".  And as I've recently laid out, in great detail, there were no other realistic targets for this team to pursue to shore up our deficiencies.  You guys are starting with a conclusion of "Ressler has ruined the team because he refuses to spend" and then working backwards to justify that conclusion.  Our insiders were heavily reporting that the team was trying to land a star player to go with Trae/Murray this offseason, and that player was going to be a front court star.  So the idea that aggressively pursuing upgrades through the MLE before we had any conclusion on Siakam/KAT is just a completely flawed premise.  We did not even know where the holes in our roster would be.

• Moderators

I agree with you that an aggressive offer for a PF or C when trying to trade for KAT or Siakam and intending to send salary from wing positions rather than frontcourt positions in the deal would not have made sense and so the decision not to sign Niang while those deals were in progress was justifiable.  

Agree to disagree that when we needed rotation viable wings before the theoretical trade for Siakam or KAT and would be sending out a starting wing in the hypothetical deal that the best possible FA we could have signed who would have fit our roster pre-hypothetical-trade and post-hypothetical trade was Wesley Matthews.  

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@AHF exactly what we have been discussing.

What a joke, of course we felt this way all along   NBA needs to find a reason to require Ressler get with the program or sell the team.  

Note:   I started this thread awhile back.  I was told a deal with Chicago was virtually done, just waiting announcement and Ressler squashed it.   I don't know the players involved. 

• Sad 6

• Premium Member

Rockets interested in Kelly Olynyk, Clint Capela, Andre Drummond, Robert Williams

i_f9_f4_5b_robert-williams.png?w=190

The Rockets, league sources said, are also exploring the center market, looking to bolster their rim protection. According to those sources, Houston is keeping tabs on Utah’s Kelly Olynyk, Atlanta’s Clint Capela, Chicago’s Andre Drummond and Portland’s Robert Williams III (who has fans throughout the current coaching staff) among others.

– via The Athletic
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rockets interested in Kelly Olynyk, Clint Capela, Andre Drummond, Robert Williams

i_f9_f4_5b_robert-williams.png?w=190

The Rockets, league sources said, are also exploring the center market, looking to bolster their rim protection. According to those sources, Houston is keeping tabs on Utah’s Kelly Olynyk, Atlanta’s Clint Capela, Chicago’s Andre Drummond and Portland’s Robert Williams III (who has fans throughout the current coaching staff) among others.

– via The Athletic

I think, if Harden had ended up in HOU, capela would already be there with him.

- tha outsiders.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's because some of these "flu" strains aren't the flu.  They're different strains of COVID.

Ok not what my doc told me.  I should have stated my doctor told me.