• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Reaves is absolutely nowhere near the best value in the NBA.  The best value in the NBA remains superstars on max contracts.  Reaves got what the market would support for him in FA.  The market would pay much more for the true superstars.  It isn't even close.

Agreed, Chet is probably the best value in NBA right now

What about getting another Claxton not Craig?

Nic Claxton more available for trade than previously advertised

i_34_04_cb_nicolas-claxton.png?w=190

I’ve heard more than once this week not to discount the idea that Brooklyn big man Nic Claxton could be more available over the next seven days than previously advertised.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

IMG_2884.jpeg

55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I ended up liking this more than I thought I would.  However, if Nic(k) is coming Capela gotta be going.  

Yep, CC definitely has to go out, my 3 teamer below.

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd prefer a 3 team trade with CC going to OKC, Nic and DFS to Hawks, Bertan and pick(s) to Nets.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep, CC definitely has to go out, my 3 teamer below.

Oh dang Burd was on it before I even saw about Nic. Burd don’t flex on me! 😂 

I like it! 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

If only the Nets would…

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh dang Burd was on it before I even saw about Nic. Burd don’t flex on me! 😂 

I like it! 

But as usual it will come down to Tony and his check book. Will he be willing to pay Claxton? 

• Sad 3

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But as usual it will come down to Tony and his check book. Will he be willing to pay Claxton? 

In public: "Of course, burd.  We'll do whatever it takes to bring a winner to hot-Lanta." - Messy Ressly

In private: "Whaddo you mean they don't call it hot-Lanta anymore?  Ah anyways, tear up that deal for Nick Clackstone.  I might pay $0.02 in lux tax if we do that deal.  Heh, you asked for my 2 cents.  Hyuk, hyuk.  High five?  Landry?  No?  Nicky boy, I can always count on you ... of course your allowance is approved." - Messy Ressly 

• Sad 3

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-years-nba-trade-market-hindered-by-a-lack-of-significant-activity-135454803.html

The remaining trade deadline activity, to this point, is expected to focus on nearby cities Atlanta and Charlotte. The Hawks continue to be described by rival executives as the most active and aggressive team in the marketplace, motivated to discuss the majority of its veteran players, highlighted by All-Star guard Dejounte Murray — arguably the best player known to be available. Elsewhere on the roster, Atlanta has held its most notable discussions on Clint Capela, De’Andre Hunter and AJ Griffin, according to league sources, dating back to the offseason. It’s become clear that Atlanta values Sixth Man of the Year candidate Bogdan Bogdanovic as highly as any player on its roster not named Trae Young and Jalen Johnson, according to league sources.

Karl-Anthony Towns isn’t up for grabs in Minnesota, either, according to league personnel.

Portland has been consistent that it has no intention of moving Jerami Grant, sources said, while rival personnel have also been expressing an increasing skepticism that the Blazers will part with veteran point guard Malcolm Brogdon. 

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It should be a fiduciary duty of an owner to pursue winning.  If only sports teams had a board of directors that represented the fanbase… “You are only in this for profit? The city has voted you out. You must sell the team.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

It should be a fiduciary duty of an owner to pursue winning.  If only sports teams had a board of directors that represented the fanbase… “You are only in this for profit? The city has voted you out. You must sell the team.”

There's a difference between winning to just be good enough vs winning to be championship contenders. 

We fall into the first bracket. Winning to make the playoffs and see what happens - like we did with our ECF run. That's probably still on Tony's mind - winning without spending. 

• Like 2