• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome back Vit Krejci!!

SalvorMallow

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I really have to wonder what the hold up on this is.  

No empty roster spots.

They need to cut 1 player to make room.

They'll take it down to the last second.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No empty roster spots.

They need to cut 1 player to make room.

They'll take it down to the last second.

That's the real reason. No reason to till before the play in

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That's the real reason. No reason to till before the play in

Always possible he suffers a big injury next game with the way this season has gone so might as well wait until the last minute, I guess.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

In my mind, at least, the team award for the most improved lies between him and JJ.  I know.  Neither played enough to be considered for the NBA award.  For the Hawk's award, however, this is them!

:smug:

I hate that we can’t deactivate players who are unavailable for extended absences via injury.

Like, we still have to carry Bey, OO, and JJ who wont play but have to cut Forrest or Vit who can play.

I wish there was a DL to place active players on and keep available bodies on active roster.

• Like 1

I low key think they really don't want to release Forrest and for good reason, he's been valuable within the Locker room but Vit been extremely valuable and he needs a multi year contract based on his play of late. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I low key think they really don't want to release Forrest and for good reason, he's been valuable within the Locker room but Vit been extremely valuable and he needs a multi year contract based on his play of late. 

Release Windler from his 2way and give it back to Forrest after we release him. That keeps him in the fold.

Cam we resign Forrest to a 2way.

These are the other options to clear a spot:

Bruno - can't, we need his size

GMat - we need his shooting

Wes - we need his vetness.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Release Windler from his 2way and give it back to Forrest after we release him. That keeps him in the fold.

Cam we resign Forrest to a 2way.

These are the other options to clear a spot:

Bruno - can't, we need his size

GMat - we need his shooting

Wes - we need his vetness.

The 2way deadline already passed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I guess weigh options is to convert from 2way to NBA deal for rest of season only. Or get a new long term.NBA deal done.

Re: Krejci's deadline: The official wording is "prior to the start of the team's last regular season game"

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I guess weigh options is to convert from 2way to NBA deal for rest of season only. Or get a new long term.NBA deal done.

Re: Krejci's deadline: The official wording is "prior to the start of the team's last regular season game"

I heard that if we add him, we lose his QO and then RFA rights? Not sure I'd add him if that's the case.. lol

A few teams could offer him part of their MLE... And we know how stingy Ressler is.....

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

I heard that if we add him, we lose his QO and then RFA rights? Not sure I'd add him if that's the case.. lol

A few teams could offer him part of their MLE... And we know how stingy Ressler is.....

Correct. So they have to determine what kind of long term deal to sign him for.

Two-way contracts to standard contracts:

A player who is on a two-way contract can have his deal unilaterally converted a one-year, minimum-salary contract by his team (or a two-year, minimum-salary contract if the player’s two-way deal covers two years, but this is rare).

Generally though, the team’s preference is to negotiate a longer-term contract with the player in order to avoid having him reach free agency at season’s end.

When converting a player from a two-way contract to the standard roster, the team can use cap room or the non-taxpayer mid-level exception to negotiate a deal of up to four years; the taxpayer mid-level exception for a deal up to three years; or the room exception, bi-annual exception, or minimum salary exception for a two-year deal.

The player must agree to any deal that is worth more than the minimum or exceeds the number of years left on his two-way pact.

Bruno signed a similar deal with the Rockets 2 years ago:

• Bruno Fernando (Rockets😞 Four years, $10,869,564 (story). First year guaranteed. Second and third years non-guaranteed. Fourth-year team option.

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Correct. So they have to determine what kind of long term deal to sign him for.

Two-way contracts to standard contracts:

A player who is on a two-way contract can have his deal unilaterally converted a one-year, minimum-salary contract by his team (or a two-year, minimum-salary contract if the player’s two-way deal covers two years, but this is rare).

Generally though, the team’s preference is to negotiate a longer-term contract with the player in order to avoid having him reach free agency at season’s end.

When converting a player from a two-way contract to the standard roster, the team can use cap room or the non-taxpayer mid-level exception to negotiate a deal of up to four years; the taxpayer mid-level exception for a deal up to three years; or the room exception, bi-annual exception, or minimum salary exception for a two-year deal.

The player must agree to any deal that is worth more than the minimum or exceeds the number of years left on his two-way pact.

Bruno signed a similar deal with the Rockets 2 years ago:

• Bruno Fernando (Rockets😞 Four years, $10,869,564 (story). First year guaranteed. Second and third years non-guaranteed. Fourth-year team option.

I can see a Bruno type deal

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Waive Forrest.... lol

QS loves that dude.. smh

Edited by terrell

Vit and Forrest aren’t difference makers. Making a big deal about them getting long term deals isn’t it.

This team needs some defensive rebuilding for next year. No way we go deep in playoffs this year.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

They are seriously going to go into the playoffs without Vit.  Already short handed with no Bey or Johnson.  

i think they are signaling they need to mail it in and focus on next season. They aren’t prepared for a deep postseason run and they know it.