• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

37 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I honestly don't care about the offensive concerns, the Hawks need this type of defense asap. 

I just got a bulge in my pants watching that!

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The current prospect isn't up to the standard of a typical #1 pick, but from what I've seen so far, if you tell me there isn't a shit ton of #1 pick worthy potential there, I'm gonna have to assume there's some bias. 

This guy has potential to be on the short list of "freaky" NBA defenders while being at least a slight plus on offense. That's exactly what we need and we'll worth a #1. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where he gets drafted is going to be 

star-trek-star-trek-tos.gif

Will LeBron follow?  If so, just how high is he going to go?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Based on what I’m seeing there is a consensus #1 whether people want to see it or not.. been that way for weeks or since March.

Its sort of similar how Banchero got momentum towards the end

I’m not falling into this “this is a weak draft” anymore after seeing Reed Sheppard who I think should be #2

the talent is there I just think people don’t know how to evaluate players that ESPN hasn’t hyped for 3 years

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Based on what I’m seeing there is a consensus #1 whether people want to see it or not.. been that way for weeks or since March.

Its sort of similar how Banchero got momentum towards the end

I’m not falling into this “this is a weak draft” anymore after seeing Reed Sheppard who I think should be #2

the talent is there I just think people don’t know how to evaluate players that ESPN hasn’t hyped for 3 years

I feel like people didn't sour on Sarr until the Hawks got the #1 pick. I know that's a strange observation, but the general consensus before the Lottery was he was the best prospect in this draft. Now, he's getting picked apart for not being a finished product at 19? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 5/13/2024 at 4:45 PM, KB21 said:

Hawks would be fing nuts if they pass on this guy...Dude is exactly what the doctor ordered for this team!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I feel like people didn't sour on Sarr until the Hawks got the #1 pick. I know that's a strange observation, but the general consensus before the Lottery was he was the best prospect in this draft. Now, he's getting picked apart for not being a finished product at 19? 

I agree with this.

Also most people go through denial when they first see a prospect then they actually watch them play.

what happened is a bunch of people haven’t watched these players or taken the time so now with the lottery it’s the first time they saw faces… also most teams zone out after missing the first pick and go straight into hate mode

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hawkman said:

This is flat out wrong. The anti Sarr community been LOUD and for awhile. []

Posted (edited)

My top 10 plus grades

1. Edey - 97

2. Risacher- 96

2. Knecht - 94

2. Shannon Jr. - 94

2. Kolek - 94

2. Clingan - 94

7. Sheppard- 93

7. Sarr - 93

7. Collier - 93

7. Dillingham- 93

Highest upside 

1. Sarr

2. Collier

3. Sheppard 

Lowest floor

1. Sarr

2. Missi

3. AJ Johnson

Highest floor

1. Edey

2. Clingan

3. Knecht

Most balanced 

1. Risacher 

2. Clingan 

3. Sheppard 

Best shooter

1. Knecht 

2. McClain

3. Sheppard 

Best passer

1. Kolek

2. Topic

3. Flip aka Filipowski 

Best movement prospect

1. Edey

2. Knecht 

3. Risacher 

Most likely to bust

1. Sarr

2. Cody Williams

3. Ja'Kobe Walter

Most likely to hit, wait till after the draft to see where everyone lands

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I am 100% fine with Risacher at 1 because that means we can trade Murray to SA for 4 and 8. Get our big of the future and PG of the future if Trae wants out. Also, we can bring Hunter back off the bench. 

Get Edey/Clingan and Dillingham/Sheppard with Risacher at #1. I mess with it. 

Trae/Dilly or Sheppard 

Bogi/Kobe

Risacher/Dre

JJ/Gueye

Capela-OO-Edey or Clingan. 

Plus we can use the TPE as well. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, parfait said:

Hey @NBASupes You don't have Ron Holland anywhere near your Top 10?

I like Ron Holland. I think he got the best chance at being that broader line all star class that Smoove and JJ are in. But guys like that are always in that range where I am not sure if they impact winning like that. I value elite 6th man like Jamal Crawford and key role player like Shane Battier over stat monsters who don't exactly impact winning. They tend to he great in transition. They tend to get stocks but when I watch them play, do they impact winning and they always get paid and I don't know if they help you at the end of the day. I rather avoid that type all together unless you are needy like us with whom are talent deprived. 

His grade is a 93 as well. So he's in that tier but my top 10 is full of what I think matters more to winning ball so while he is grade wise in the mix, I don't love guys like him is my rule of thumb 

• Like 2