• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA ALLSTAR WEEKEND: Trae Young - 2024 Allstar

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

This is great news.  Wish he had taken the injury invites and was a 5x consecutive All-Star right now but this is a well deserved honor for him.  Rep Atlanta and your game, Mr. Young.  We'll all be cheering you on!

• Like 2

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to NBA ALLSTAR WEEKEND: Trae Young - 2024 Allstar
  • Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

How is a former NBA All-Star participating in the celebrity competition?

Because 'celebrity' doesn't mean what it used to. Lol.

They used to have a former NBA player on each team along with a WNBA player.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because 'celebrity' doesn't mean what it used to. Lol.

They used to have a former NBA player on each team along with a WNBA player.

If both teams had one I could get it.  But just one team?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

lol the only players on that list I've even heard of are Walker Hayes, Jennifer Hudson and Ron Artest.  I've heard the name CJ Stroud and I'm pretty sure he's an NFL quarterback, but I couldn't tell you what team and definitely couldn't pick him out of a line up.

• Like 1

Oh wow, yal are funny old farts lol

AJ McClean is the same AJ from Backstreet Boys

CJ Stroud is the likely NFL ROY, starting QB for Houston.

Lily Singh is a beautiful and hilarious actress/comedian/late night personality.

Parsons, NFL star.

Kai Cenat was just shouted out courtside at a Hawks game last week, social media influencer.

Tristan Jass is another influencer.

We know JHuD, Ron Artest.

The rest I definitely had to google but were loosely familiar.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

He should have skipped it. Just chill with family. They don't reapect him why be around all the fakeness? Plus the game just sucks now. Adam Silver is ruining the league

He has already declined two injury invites in two previous years.  When all is said and done, the powers that be will look at his total 'Allstar' appearances.  They won't care how, just that you were there.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Oh wow, yal are funny old farts lol

AJ McClean is the same AJ from Backstreet Boys

CJ Stroud is the likely NFL ROY, starting QB for Houston.

Lily Singh is a beautiful and hilarious actress/comedian/late night personality.

Parsons, NFL star.

Kai Cenat was just shouted out courtside at a Hawks game last week, social media influencer.

Tristan Jass is another influencer.

We know JHuD, Ron Artest.

The rest I definitely had to google but were loosely familiar.

I'm old enough that I don't consider any "social media influencer" to be a celebrity.  That goes back to my view that Paris Hilton and other "I'm famous for being famous" stars were not legit celebrities.  (I would classify actual creatives as something other than social media influencer and reserve that for people who offer little more than being attractive to the public.)

• Like 2

I hope he gets to play more than just a few token minutes.  He has earned the right to play some real minutes.  Like Jay Bird said, he should have been on the team without waiting to be an injury replacement.

• Moderators

Do you have to be invited to be in the skills challenge?  or do you volunteer or what?  

I think they should change the dunk and skills challenge to be limited only to all stars.  That'd make it more interesting.