NBA ALLSTAR WEEKEND: Trae Young - 2024 Allstar

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They need to make the 3pt contest the final event.

That may happen. The days of multiple All Stars participating in the Slam Dunk Contest are over. Vince Carter, Steve Francis, and Tracy McGrady being in the same dunk contest in 2000(?) was the last time that happened, I think.

Get in there next year JJ.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Trae represented really well … as always the night is fun until the dunk contest that takes all the steam out … so boring … I don’t care about these guys I have never heard of and Jaylon Brown is not a dunk contest type player

They need to switch the order of the slam dunk and 3 point contest.  The shootout is the highlight of Saturday night.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, AHawks89 said:

McClungs last year dunk contest was nice than before that it had to be the Lavine vs Gordon dunk contest and when Smoove won it yeaars prior. Only 3 good ones in the last 20 years. 

Lavine vs Gordon was really good but they kept screwing Gordon to the point he refused to participate anymore. The NBA can't afford to alienate legit contestants like that.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

NBA has become a circus.  It's not about basketball IQ anymore.  Every player on the court shooting threes.   Maybe if the removed the 3 pt shot the game would get interesting again. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

NBA has become a circus.  It's not about basketball IQ anymore.  Every player on the court shooting threes.   Maybe if the removed the 3 pt shot the game would get interesting again. 

Shld make dunks worth 3 instead.  Would change nba strategy for the good, imho. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, capstone21 said:

McClung is not in the NBA … thus he shouldn’t be participating 

I thought they were going to give him the fix...   His second dunk should have been all 50s.  They overrated the fake dee brown dunk from JB. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm always surprised when people are surprised. He came in the league at 20, he's now 25.

Were you the same as a 20 year old as you were when you were 25?

We are supposed to mature as we age no?

Easily forgotten when we are looking at professional athletes but good point

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae needs to become KAT's best friend in these next 24 hours.  This is a recruiting trip sir.

And Trae is sitting right next to him.  Good job.

Also spent a lot of time sitting next to Wemby 🤔

Mac Mcclung is the best thing to happen to the Dunk contest since lavine/gordon and even before that it was hit or Miss.

im ok with dunks coming from G-leaguers too… they introduced wnba into the format, why not g-league..

as for Trae.. I love Trae and he deserves a FO to build with a top tier defense around him. If the bozos in charge don’t do that, I don’t have faith they will get an all time haul back for him.

• Like 1

• Moderators

WNBA addition is a cheap gimmick.  G-leaguers just ensure the dunk contest remains a low profile even that 95% of stars won’t even consider.  If you are Ja Morant why participate when you may lose to a g-leaguer who can’t even match bad bench players in the NBA at the game?  

If they are going to allow G-Leaguers they need to just put a certain number of slots aside for non-NBA players and make it an open worldwide competition to grab those spots and do a reality show to build interest for these guys.  Plenty of great dunkers who aren’t ever going to make the league.  Better route is to shut that garbage down but if you are going to do it don’t half-ass it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Admin

Dunk contest is consistently the worst thing about all star Saturday night … they need to change it or lead off with it.

i didn’t even realize Obi Toppin had a brother in the league (he has averaged 2 minutes in 5 total games) … the Miami dude I have seen only because he seems to have the Hawks number but otherwise never heard of him either … and then there is a g-leaguer who can jump high (who cares)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

WNBA addition is a cheap gimmick.  G-leaguers just ensure the dunk contest remains a low profile even that 95% of stars won’t even consider.  If you are Ja Morant why participate when you may lose to a g-leaguer who can’t even match bad bench players in the NBA at the game?  

If they are going to allow G-Leaguers they need to just put a certain number of slots aside for non-NBA players and make it an open worldwide competition to grab those spots and do a reality show to build interest for these guys.  Plenty of great dunkers who aren’t ever going to make the league.  Better route is to shut that garbage down but if you are going to do it don’t half-ass it.

Or they could just hire the And1 team to do a dunk “competition” show. 

Dee Brown watching Jaylen his brother from the same last name mother

image.gif.f625e4698b93118a9498bb72c0bf39f2.gif

and coincidentally the same jersey #.. 🤨 

Aaaaachhhhooooo 🤧 

💩 was worse than Smoove putting down a piece of tape on the ground he never took off from. 😂 

• Haha 2