• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young: Surgery on injured finger - Reevaluated in 4 weeks!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
Just now, shakes said:

if he's cleared for contact he should be in the lineup tonight.   It's a pinkie.  I'm sure he's been staying in shape and getting his conditioning in while he was off.  No reason he shouldn't be able to play tonight.

We don't have a game tonight.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We don't have a game tonight.

Trae hadn't played in so long I forgot he was on the Hawks and not Purdue or UConn.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

Trae hadn't played in so long I forgot he was on the Hawks and not Purdue or UConn.

Ha.

In any case I don't think a player coming off a 6 week layoff plays immediately after being cleared for practice contact.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, shakes said:

if he's cleared for contact he should be in the lineup tonight.   It's a pinkie.  I'm sure he's been staying in shape and getting his conditioning in while he was off.  No reason he shouldn't be able to play tonight.

Maybe he plays the final home game on Wednesday if he gets thru practices?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

I know Trae wants to play and help his team, but there's no need to rush back.  Let that hand get completely healthy.  No need to take unnecessary risk with this season.  And if he does play again this season, when they lose, the takes are going to be horrendous.  But, then again, they already are.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

I know Trae wants to play and help his team, but there's no need to rush back.  Let that hand get completely healthy.  No need to take unnecessary risk with this season.  And if he does play again this season, when they lose, the takes are going to be horrendous.  But, then again, they already are.

Jesus Christ its a pinkie on his non shooting hand.   There's no risk at this point.    He needs to get some games in if he's going to be ready for the Hawks Super Bowl a/k/a the Play In Tourney.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Next game, clear him, suit him up and sit him on the bench and let the opponent worry about it!

He doesn't have to play.  Just be there.  

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, AHF said:

You've seen enough to know he will be out there the moment they allow him to step back on the court.  Whatever his faults, he is a gamer and a competitor.

no doubt about it.  Pound for pound he's the toughest person in the NBA.     I'm concerned with the team holding him back for whatever reason.   Although at this point in the season with the place in the standings already determined I can't imagine what that reason would be.

• Like 1

Part of me wants to lose to the Bulls in the playin, give us some lottery balls and a chance at a high pick.  But it would be fun to play the Celtics again, Hawks playoff games are fun to watch and against the Celtics the crowd would be nuts.  We would have absolutely zero pressure on us.

Trae really started lighting up the C's in last years playoffs and DJM has been killing them recently.  It would be fun.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 8:01 AM, shakes said:

Jesus Christ its a pinkie on his non shooting hand.   There's no risk at this point.    He needs to get some games in if he's going to be ready for the Hawks Super Bowl a/k/a the Play In Tourney.

Welcome back from your 4 week hiatus.