• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young: Surgery on injured finger - Reevaluated in 4 weeks!

JayBirdHawk

10 minutes ago, GameTime said:

If Bufkin doesn't get significant minutes during this time, I'm off the Quin train 

And please keep him off the ball. It would be a waste of his skillsets to play in him at PG. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hawkman said:

I think he may have hurt his hand before the All Star break if I remember correctly. He hasn't been as aggressive since. The team was begging to be put out of its misery and this will pretty much allow them to lay down. Either way, it's time to focus on player development. The one positive out of this is we will get to see how Kobe looks against NBA competition and maybe get AJ back in the rotation. 

And they just showed the play where it happened.  In the Raptors game.

• Like 1

So from the locked on hawks podcast…it takes four weeks to re-evaluate this injury. The least amount of time for Trae to come back is 2 weeks. The most amount of time to come back from this injury is 4 weeks. There are 7 weeks left in this season. There is a very real chance Trae played his game this season. 

This team won't play worse without Trae. Trae is a better player than Murray but 2 of them sharing the floor is a disaster. I wish Trae a quick recovery but looking forward to see how this team plays from now on. Play KB more and win more than 50% of the remaining games

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 3:25 PM, hawkman said:

I think he may have hurt his hand before the All Star break if I remember correctly. He hasn't been as aggressive since. The team was begging to be put out of its misery and this will pretty much allow them to lay down. Either way, it's time to focus on player development. The one positive out of this is we will get to see how Kobe looks against NBA competition and maybe get AJ back in the rotation. 

Trae got nicked pretty bad against the C’s . He was dribbling one handed for like half the game 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae got nicked pretty bad against the C’s . He was dribbling one handed for like half the game 

Yeah, I thought I remembered him hurting his hand sometime before the All Star break. I'm not sure if it's the same hand or not though. All I know is, he was a completely different player after that game and the games after.

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Yeah, I thought I remembered him hurting his hand sometime before the All Star break. I'm not sure if it's the same hand or not though. All I know is, he was a completely different player after that game and the games after.

Agreed. 
I remember vividly as my Boston friends were trash talking and I was letting them know Trae was literally playing one handed until he was subbed out.

There was a possession where the defender saw this and attacked his dribble and all Trae could do was pivot his body to shield the ball, he couldn’t cross his dribble anymore.

Not saying it’s the same hand but it definitely coincided with his shooting slump pre Toronto game

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Late to the party, huh...oh wretched one! :laugh1:

Yup. It has been an....exciting weekend. Not in a good way 😬 and work is BUH-nannas. I finally got 2 seconds to breathe, catch up, and then...🫠

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae is also bionic, mind you. He has returned early from injury/Covid every single time.

Dude loves to play, and that doesn’t get praised enough.

True, but various shoulder, wrist and concussion injuries throughout this season - might need to rest 🤓

37 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae is also bionic, mind you. He has returned early from injury/Covid every single time.

Trae is that mfer. I love Trae Young

• Like 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I dunno man...getting hit by a tank is pretty serious.  Don't know how quick he can bounce back from that. 👀

• Haha 2