• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Message from Mrs Sothron

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
On 3/20/2024 at 11:02 PM, Diesel said:

Prayers up for Sothron.   I have had all my wisdom teeth pulled with no anesthetic so I know he's in pain. 

Thank you, D. I have to ask...how in the world did that happen? I had all mine pulled in two different circumstances. First oral surgeon literally butchered my mouth to get one out, said the rest were wrapped around the nerves in my upper and lower jaw and was terrified to remove them for fear of paralyzing my mouth. 

Second oral surgeon, who removed this broken tooth, is the oral surgeon for the local hockey team and got them out with zero issues. 

Both times hurt, the first one was stuff of nightmares with my lower right lip torn all the way to the chin. I looked like a Batman or d*ck Tracey villain for about six months.

But how did you get all of your wisdom teeth out with nothing for the pain?? @Diesel I salute you sir!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Thank you, D. I have to ask...how in the world did that happen? I had all mine pulled in two different circumstances. First oral surgeon literally butchered my mouth to get one out, said the rest were wrapped around the nerves in my upper and lower jaw and was terrified to remove them for fear of paralyzing my mouth. 

Second oral surgeon, who removed this broken tooth, is the oral surgeon for the local hockey team and got them out with zero issues. 

Both times hurt, the first one was stuff of nightmares with my lower right lip torn all the way to the chin. I looked like a Batman or d*ck Tracey villain for about six months.

But how did you get all of your wisdom teeth out with nothing for the pain?? @Diesel I salute you sir!

Sothron! My brother, glad to see you 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I did have a local anesthetic.  Some benzocaine to numb the injection site. I don't think anybody could deal with the pain of the actual process without a local of some type.  I didn't have insurance that covered the fancy stuff and when the oral surgeon told me the out of pocket price... I said well, let's just go with it because my third molar was impacted.   For my first third molar, he actually put his foot on the chair and was damn near standing on my chest to rip the tooth out.  You would think they had fancy tools... NOPE.  He had a wrench that fit around the tooth like an oil filter wrench and he had to twist it until the tooth broke from the Jawbone and yank it out.   While he's breaking the tooth from the jawbone, I'm hearing everything and feeling most of it.    The second one went better.  Since it wasn't impacted, it came out a little easier but I could still hear and feel most things.

Because of Money.. I had to do the last two wisdom teeth separately... by the time I did my third third molar, I was used to the feeling.  The fourth and final... I got dry socket.  Worst pain ever.   If you ever want your enemies to shut up, wish dry socket on them.  I'm pretty sure that the dry socket was something my oral surgeon done wrong.  As I reflect, I have to say that it is an inexact science.  I mean, they have the X-rays.. they have the draconian tools.. but the actual removal of the tooth can go either way.  They call it surgery.. but I think they make it fancy to put patients at ease.  When you are up and watching what's actually going on, it's more like a master bone breaker.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member

I went through nothing as horrible as you guys but I did have an infection on the inside of my mouth next to to my wisdom tooth so when I got it removed the anesthetics didn't do anything and have to say it was right up there with kidney stones as the most awful experience of my life. Mouth stuff can be such a nightmare, happy you are recovering Soth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Diesel said:

I did have a local anesthetic.  Some benzocaine to numb the injection site. I don't think anybody could deal with the pain of the actual process without a local of some type.  I didn't have insurance that covered the fancy stuff and when the oral surgeon told me the out of pocket price... I said well, let's just go with it because my third molar was impacted.   For my first third molar, he actually put his foot on the chair and was damn near standing on my chest to rip the tooth out.  You would think they had fancy tools... NOPE.  He had a wrench that fit around the tooth like an oil filter wrench and he had to twist it until the tooth broke from the Jawbone and yank it out.   While he's breaking the tooth from the jawbone, I'm hearing everything and feeling most of it.    The second one went better.  Since it wasn't impacted, it came out a little easier but I could still hear and feel most things.

Because of Money.. I had to do the last two wisdom teeth separately... by the time I did my third third molar, I was used to the feeling.  The fourth and final... I got dry socket.  Worst pain ever.   If you ever want your enemies to shut up, wish dry socket on them.  I'm pretty sure that the dry socket was something my oral surgeon done wrong.  As I reflect, I have to say that it is an inexact science.  I mean, they have the X-rays.. they have the draconian tools.. but the actual removal of the tooth can go either way.  They call it surgery.. but I think they make it fancy to put patients at ease.  When you are up and watching what's actually going on, it's more like a master bone breaker.

Wow. They only gave me a local for the first wisdom tooth they extracted, the nightmare one that tore my lip and had Mrs. S headed to the guy's office to kill him with her bare hands once she saw me. 

I can't imagine doing the other three without more than a local so I did. I got the "twilight" stuff whatever that is. You are a rock to go through that bro!

• Premium Member
On 3/23/2024 at 1:23 PM, Atlantaholic said:

I went through nothing as horrible as you guys but I did have an infection on the inside of my mouth next to to my wisdom tooth so when I got it removed the anesthetics didn't do anything and have to say it was right up there with kidney stones as the most awful experience of my life. Mouth stuff can be such a nightmare, happy you are recovering Soth. 

A mouth infection.... Bro.. what were you eating???   Pause!  LOL!  I kid...

Holic to the chicks....

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952r991ugn5tiznell9op

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A mouth infection.... Bro.. what were you eating???   Pause!  LOL!  I kid...

Holic to the chicks....

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952r991ugn5tiznell9op

It was my wisdom tooth that was scraping against my cheek that caused it and prompted the removal.

• Thanks 2