• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But I thought this draft was horrible?

We're going to trade the #1 for #4 and #8, in a bad draft?

That's definitely grounds for Landry to be fired.  And almost a legit reason for fans to find another team to root for.

👋 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's definitely grounds for Landry to be fired.  And almost a legit reason for fans to find another team to root for.

It is a bad draft IMO because there's no clear cut #1 pick that has superstar potential. I love Reed Sheppard. Love that kid. If we moved Trae and did a true rebuild this is the exact kind of perfect scenario: we have the #1 pick, take Sarr, take Reed Sheppard to play PG and get the best wing defender at 8 or hell take Clingan if he's there and we can just go ham on folks with size in a rebuild scenario.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Naw, it's the best option honestly if we want to develop these guys. 

We can keep Clint and Bogi to show them how to do it correctly. Murray probably out as well. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Get the #1 pick...let's Tank???? :blanky:

I can't man.   ..I just can't. Sigh!

It's closer to being a reality than you might think.

Trae always tweets about everything Hawks...and he says nothing about the team getting the #1 pick out of literal nowhere. That is telling.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I like Reed Sheppard a lot more than Robert Dillingham. Maybe Clingan is at 4 and we take him.

Sarr, Clingan, and Sheppard

Next year, get Harper, and couple others with the Lakers and Kings pick. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jody23 said:

Quin would absolutely revolt if the Hawks traded either Trae or Dejounte for picks.  He didn't come here to rebuild.

Quin said he ain't scared to make difficult choices. When he went to the Jazz, that was one of the youngest teams in the NBA. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My Twolf source reached out a little bit ago:

"Congrats on Alex Sarr. He's going to do wonders there either with Trae or as the face of a rebuild."

giphy.gif

Or one of my friends from PNW told me "Let the bidding begin!"

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I like Reed Sheppard a lot more than Robert Dillingham. Maybe Clingan is at 4 and we take him.

Sarr, Clingan, and Sheppard

Next year, get Harper, and couple others with the Lakers and Kings pick. 

If we were to do that...I would be excited beyond belief for this team in the long term. Short term, yes, losing Trae will hurt but LONG TERM if those guys play to what they can be...we could be talking titles here.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Y'all are making my head hurt.

Get the #10 pick....retool

Get the #1 pick....tank.

Make it make sense. :shout:

You have entered the Twilight Zone

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Y'all are making my head hurt.

Get the #10 pick....retool

Get the #1 pick....tank.

Make it make sense. :shout:

If it were for the 10th pick, there would be no problems. However, securing that #1 pick throws all your plans out the window. This was evident today when Fields spoke about it; nobody anticipated they would get that pick—absolutely no one. You could have been a millionaire by now if you had bet on the Hawks to get the #1 pick in Vegas.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Naw, it's the best option honestly if we want to develop these guys. 

We can keep Clint and Bogi to show them how to do it correctly. Murray probably out as well. 

I'm sorry.  I don't trust Quin, Landry, OR Ressler . . . in a full on rebuild with a bunch of kids.

Their entire tenure since the 2021 playoff run has been a C- at best.  All they've done is keep us under the tax.   Now a total rebuild is being considered?

They're nothing but a bunch of cheap ass losers, if they do that.

I can't keep investing time in this team, if they're too cheap to go all in to try to build a winner, then pull the plug right when we'll have to spend some money to get good.

Sell the team if they're going to rebuild.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If we were to do that...I would be excited beyond belief for this team in the long term. Short term, yes, losing Trae will hurt but LONG TERM if those guys play to what they can be...we could be talking titles here.

Yep. Every piece makes sense outside of JJ

Sheppard as a PG who runs PnRs, can play either on or off the ball, tremendous defender and doesn't take too many shots. 

Bogi teaching the youngins how to play

Sarr, big wing of the future. Can guard everyone.  

Clingan, big who can play the drop coverage, elite screener, can pass, makes life easy for others and is a great rebounder. 

I'm cool with this. 

Even Edey could still fit but his value isn't as high with this grouping but Sarr would help him a ton on defense. If see took Dillingham, his upside would be higher but Reed gives you a high floor. 

I still wouldn't mind adding BI to the mix if he wants to be a part of a rebuilding crew. I would rather try to land Jon Issac to be the 3. 

Edited by NBASupes