• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Trae's commitment to the Hawks should never be questioned.  He hasn't asked out, and he wants to win in Atlanta.  However, he wants to win, and if Atlanta's direction isn't to win, then and only then will he ask to be moved to a winning team.  

My point is say it. Of course he's probably waiting on direction. I can't blame him for that.

Just now, REHawksFan said:

Why does it have to mean anything?  Why does he have to say anything?  No one else has.  JJ hasn't said anything.  Bogi hasn't.  DJ commented that it was going to be a crazy offseason but said nothing of the Hawks and the lottery.  Why is it only an issue that Trae hasn't said anything?  And why are we drawing conclusions from such?  

Exactly!  The worst thing that Trae could do is make a comment about Alex Sarr now before he's ever drafted and paint the organization into a corner.  "Trae's silence" is completely overblown.  There are no Hawks players in a social media conga line expressing their excitement over the #1 pick.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

anthony bennet

On paper, this is the worst draft since exactly that draft. To put it into perspective, Alex Len was consistently mocked in the top 3, and Anthony Bennet in the top 10.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Appreciate the response.  These are rocky waters for sure.  But in a good way.  I guess I just can't fathom them believing in Trae +JJ + BI +10th pick as the future of the franchise but then getting the 1st pick and thinking we need to blow it up.  I mean Trae + JJ + BI + 1st pick is better than Trae + JJ + BI + 10th pick.  So that doesn't compute with me.  Not saying you are wrong or anything.  It's just that I don't understand the logic.  Unless they don't actually believe in Trae +JJ as the current core.  If that's the case, then we're in for a long few years.  

EDIT:  I'm obviously rooting for the last scenario.  I'm pretty fired up about the potential of Trae / JJ / BI / Sarr as the future of the franchise.  Add the potential of Kobe / Mo / etc.... and I think we could see a quick bounce back.  Just don't give up on it yet.  

It comes down frankly to one thing: if Tony Ressler believes this current roster + #1 pick or DJM trade return, current roster + #1 pick is worth paying the luxury tax. It truly begins and ends with that decision. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm starting to think Hawks fans are like that needy girlfriend that you have to reassure literally every day that you still like them.  

Trae goes silent on the socials. 

Hawk fans:

giphy.gif

Hell nah. Trae supporters want him here.  Not hard really. And he is active on socials so it is easy to guess..make up...read into...whatever you want. It's fair.  We just want him home..we got beans and bologna...IMG_7941.gif.d84401007d27c0135436cdc045001403.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Whoever the Hawks pick I can guarantee the MSM is going to hate it and fans will complain. I just hope that against the odds it turns out to be a hall of famer.

IMG_4011.gif

Edited by deester11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I want to go on record as saying I am absolutely not team "trade Trae."  I am excited AF because we're going to draft the only player that I have evaluated in this draft and thought that we had zero chance of getting him.  While at the same time, we're at least having conversations about THE one player who has been at the top of my wish list for years now.

I'm just a little, more than a little, confused that we've made some Hawks history and our franchise player - who make no mistake has something to say about a lot of things - has said nothing about our lottery luck.  This is the same guy who literally just offered unsolicited opinions about a previous #1 pick who will likely never suit up for ATL.  I don't know what it means, but it is very curious to say the least.

He also just tweeted late yesterday, well after the lottery results came in...so it's not like he's AFK.  Just saying...it's kinda weird for me.

Probably because things are uncertain from his POV. Doesn't make sense for him to celebrate an event that might be the stimuli for his departure from ATL when he hasn't heard from the FO about their plans for the future.

I would hope our GM and owner quickly and definitively decide on the direction they want to go with this franchise, which I hope is building a championship contender around Trae and they let him know that asap.

But we'll see, gonna be an annoying 6 weeks till the draft if drama is our main dish and not excitement for our potential #1 overall pick

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Seriously, this is a kid, he cannot drink alcohol for two more years.  Comparing him to a guy like Zach Edey who has been in college for 4 years posting up 6'4 accountants is so disingenuous.  

Oh man, jeffe.  Tell me I'm an influence on you without tellin me I'm an influence on you.

The wording of this sentence is sooo cagey. 😆

And, yes, I'm out for the season with shoulder reconnection surgery after patting myself on the back so hard in this post. 

• Haha 3