• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Most Important Offseason in Recent Hawks History

AHF

Guys like OO and Hunter are very difficult to rely on because they get injured so often. JJ concerns me in that regard as well. And in OO’s case he isn’t even playing a starter workload. How can you rely on him to play 30 minutes a night.

I would be totally fine with packaging OO with DJM to get a better return and fit around Trae.

CC I see as having low trade value so hard to move him in a deal that impacts winning. 

• Moderators

Moderator Note

Just as an FYI - I moved the Edey discussion to the Edey thread.  (Left Supes overall offseason thoughts which included Edey but moved the follow-up Edey focused discussion).  Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

There'd be no 'superstars' left in the league if we banned them for that move.   I mean what are we doing here.  Trae gets all the hate for things that 15 other guys in the league do every game.  

You would see a dramatic difference in the media perception of Trae AND how he is officiated if the Hawks did deal him to the Lakers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Shams latest:

The Athletic’s Shams Charania said on “Run It Back” on April 18. “I think when you look at Trae Young's future, when you look at Dejounte Murray's future, clearly something is going to have to give in Atlanta.

"The one thing to keep an eye on in Atlanta is Quin Snyder, that aspect. He just finished his second season in Atlanta. He’s got, I believe, three years left on his contract at $8 million per year. There’s been some conversation around the league, ‘What’s his status is like?’ He’s committed there, he’s going to be there, and his relationship with Trae Young has been strong.”

That last line might be the most critical to the discussion. Snyder’s status was not in doubt after his first full season.

He has also been expected to have a major say in the direction they take with the roster.

That much was evident after reports emerged that Snyder had some part in the Hawks holding on to Murray at the deadline this year, with The Stein Line’s Marc Stein reporting on January 29 that Snyder “lobbied” the Hawks brass not to trade him. 

The head coach has also commended Young all season long for his efforts, including on defense.

All of that only adds to the intrigue of this offseason.

“So where does that leave this organization as they make these hard decisions?” Charania posed to his fellow panelists. “This is going to be an important offseason for Landry Fields and that front office."

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I agree but eventually an executive has to make something happen.  No NBA GM can go two years straight saying there was no one willing to trade.  

Unless it's true!  Making a trade just for the sake of making a trade does nothing for our future, does it.

:smug:

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

There'd be no 'superstars' left in the league if we banned them for that move.   I mean what are we doing here.  Trae gets all the hate for things that 15 other guys in the league do every game.  

Its not just the foul baiting.... Its the whining to the refs when you don't get the call, not getting back on Defense, leading to an easy bucket for the Bulls..

The excuses made for this guy are so infuriating.. smh

Edited by terrell

5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Unless it's true!  Making a trade just for the sake of making a trade does nothing for our future, does it.

I don’t want him to make a bad trade either.  People get fired for circumstances outside their control all the time, which is what could happen to Landry.  
We’ll have to see what actually happens this offseason.  It could be something really good.

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, terrell said:

Its not just the foul baiting.... Its the whining to the refs when you don't get the call, not getting back on Defense, leading to an easy bucket for the Bulls..

The excuses made for this guy are so infuriating.. smh

Jayson Tatum does this every play every game.   My point is not that he doesn't do dumb things it's that he seems to be the only one being called trash and killing the franchise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Jayson Tatum does this every play every game.   My point is not that he doesn't do dumb things it's that he seems to be the only one being called trash and killing the franchise.  

Whataboutism.. smfh

Why the heck should I care what JT does? 

Edited by terrell

16 hours ago, KB21 said:

This is off topic, but I’ve got my three year old in the ER with seizures right now.  

Prayers.  I hope that everything works out well for your daughter.  Give her a "Get well soon!" hug from me.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Whataboutism.. smfh

Why the heck should I care what JT does? 

No one is asking you to care.  I'm just pointing out that lots of people are criticizing Trae for things they don't criticize anyone else in the league for.   Not sure how else to put it. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No one is asking you to care.  I'm just pointing out that lots of people are criticizing Trae for things they don't criticize anyone else in the league for.   Not sure how else to put it. 

I only care about the Hawks man... Don't care what Lots of people are doing...Yall gonna make excuses for the guy until the cows come home regardless of what he does so.....

Edited by terrell

This is disgusting to watch.

Trae is just out there floating around, but Even our "best defenders" stink

I'm losing faith in QS and the coaches too.. Geez

Edited by terrell