• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Most Important Offseason in Recent Hawks History

AHF

• Moderators

The good news for him is that he has all the opportunity in the world to show us he does know how to leverage deals and make good trades this offseason.  Ball is in his court.

• Like 4

Just now, AHF said:

The good news for him is that he has all the opportunity in the world to show us he does know how to leverage deals and make good trades this offseason.  Ball is in his court.

True.

But I will absolutely judge him based on this offseason and this one alone. 

If he hasn't performed and upgraded the defense drastically by October 1, he needs to be fired along with Kyle on that date.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I just hope we're all bracing ourselves to run it back with one signing like the ghost of PJ Tucker or something lol. 

The odds of that happening are way too high. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Afro said:

I just hope we're all bracing ourselves to run it back with one signing like the ghost of PJ Tucker or something lol. 

The odds of that happening are way too high. 

You saw my comment at the start of this thread.

WLOC is a very possible path (distressingly likely is another way I might put it).  

• Sad 2

• Moderators

Why don't we do what we know works?   The only success we've had was when Trae played what a lot of people say is "selfish".   Why did it work?  Because we had other players on the team who played together and knocked down shots.   Plus, very importantly, we had a bench unit that could come in and get buckets without Trae. 

You don't put the best offensive player, by leaps and bounds, on the team, off the ball for a bunch of plays.   

Find better versions of Heurter, Capela, Gallo and Lou plus some dogs to do the dirty work and we will be back to being a team no one wants to face in the playoffs

• Thanks 4

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

This idea that Onyeka Okongwu has been bad or a bust is complete bullshit and is false.  

I'm ok with trading him if the right deal is there but i'm also good to start next year with a Jalen/OO frontcourt.  Undersized but they create a lot of problems in other ways and they seem like they could really be the tone setters for this team.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm ok with trading him if the right deal is there but i'm also good to start next year with a Jalen/OO frontcourt.  Undersized but they create a lot of problems in other ways and they seem like they could really be the tone setters for this team.

I have been begging all year to just bite the bullet and start OO so we could see what we really have in him as a starter so we can make a more informed decision going into the offseason.  Alas, Quin held firm on starting CC.  Part of that was OO's inability to step up and take the spot from CC.  He just didn't take the leap as I expected this season.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Most of the Okongwu hate derives from the premise that some Hawks fans have that you can't be a center if you aren't 7-foot-tall.  

I am someone that wanted OO from day 1. I've always been one of his biggest supporters and still is but he doesn't fit Quin. He's rated 71st of all centers this year by what @REHawksFan posted from NBA.com. I think he would be perfect with Nate or a situation that fits what he does. With Quin, he's just too small

• Like 2

3 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Unlike the many Trae haters, I actually really really like Trae on a championship team. That’s why the Lakers are drooling over him.

however the way the roster was constructed around him with lots of subpar defensive play, it’s been that which created these results.

somebody in the front office must have the defensive standings and ratings pulled up… right?

Yall need to stop blaming everyone else for the Hawks shortcomings when our Max player is doing shit like this

Just flat out ridiculous

I'll always root for the Hawks, but I'm so over this dude..

Call it what you want...

Edited by terrell

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Deserves to be a lifelong Hawks why/how?

Lebron wasn't even a lifelong Cav.. lol

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

"Undersized"

Just no

I want a real CENTER

• Thanks 1

@KB21sending positive thoughts your way - hope everything is ok. 

I have serious concerns with OO. Not for His talent. He’s had 1 season of 4 where he exceeded 55 games. At what point is he considered unreliable? Guy is always banged up. He’s gone 50 - 48 - 80 - 55. 

And for that reason, I hope we move on to someone more reliable. I do think OO would get back some good value as he is a really good piece … when he plays. 

5 hours ago, theheroatl said:

JJ is not a superstar to build around...... yet.

99.9% of sports talk radio personalities are ridiculously biased towards hot takes and don't take in consideration actual statistics.

IMO, you need to start swapping the other pieces besides JJ, Trae, and DJM before you talk about rebuilding.

Capela, Bogi, Bey, Dre, OO... they all suck and need to go

Bogi should not be in your list.  He was the only shooter we had on plenty of nights.

14 hours ago, theheroatl said:

JJ is not a superstar to build around...... yet.

99.9% of sports talk radio personalities are ridiculously biased towards hot takes and don't take in consideration actual statistics.

IMO, you need to start swapping the other pieces besides JJ, Trae, and DJM before you talk about rebuilding.

Capela, Bogi, Bey, Dre, OO... they all suck and need to go

It was that bum ass steak Shapiro show ..just spewing none sense