• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, txsting said:

I think the bigger question for me now is what type of player do we want to pair with Sarr at the 5, and what do we do with Jalen?  I don't really think OO is the guy.  And I'm open to moving Jalen because his value should be peak right now.  

I'm trying RRRRREALLY hard not to look too far into the future, but in an ideal world where Sarr is everything (or most of) what we think he can be, I honestly like him next to OO on both ends of the floor.  So much so, that now I'm kinda pumping the breaks on any trade talk for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

I think JJ / Sarr is the ideal pairing at the 4 & 5. Question is whether or not Sarr can be an every-play Center. If yes, this is the easiest pick ever.

If no or maybe, I think he’s still the pick. But it’ll just take some more work to make sure all the pieces fit right.

JJ / OO / Sarr on defense is lights out. Offensively tho… probably not perfect.

Nationally no one is even hinting we might take Clingan.  Sarr seems like a lock.

Also, Sarr/JJ/OO only works on defense.  Need at least one perimeter threat on offense.  Don’t see this trio working honestly.

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

It doesn’t take long to find clips of him laying out for loose balls. As a likely top 3 draft pick who could be looking to avoid injury or not caring. This checks out. im a big fan the more I see. That kind of attitude will mesh well with Trae. 

He likely left someofthat Hawks DNA on the floor while scrapping for loose balls. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wretch said:

We've done a lot questionable stuff where the draft is concerned.  From Babcock's aversion to the lottery, giving up multiple 1sts for Wright (RIP), Bobby Sura and the "let's give it our all", to passing on CP3 with all those forwards in the house, all the way to Luka (which I ain't really mad about now)... 

Sarr is the pick and I am going to lose my shit if we blow this.

Babcock really did stink with the draft.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Wretch said:

We've done a lot questionable stuff where the draft is concerned.  From Babcock's aversion to the lottery, giving up multiple 1sts for Wright (RIP), Bobby Sura and the "let's give it our all", to passing on CP3 with all those forwards in the house, all the way to Luka (which I ain't really mad about now)... 

People forget how bad that Wright trade was.  We could have drafted Amare Stoudamire (on the board and taken right after one pick) and Quentin Richardson (taken with the other pick).  Instead we got a mediocre backup big man who played with the team for two years and averaged something like 10 points and 6 rebounds during that time.  Colossally stupid move.  Babcock made some good trades during his time as GM and was the worst draft in NBA history but there is no defending the Wright trade. 

• Like 3

On 5/13/2024 at 1:36 PM, AHF said:

As one of the resident UK fans here, I have to point out that Sheppard is not remotely a dog POA defender who needs to round out on offense.  He is an opportunistic and intelligent defender without elite physical traits who is an outstanding shooter (he was the best shooter on a talented UK team last year).  I think Sheppard has a high floor on offense and is more questionable on the defensive side of the ball (although he has shown promise there as well).  Very different profile than MKG.  

Apologies. You are absolutely right.  i didn’t mean to compare them as prospects and more to group them together as a group of prospects. Holland and Castle profile very differently 

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Well well well if it isn’t the snake himself mr Kevin “I hate the hawks and try to trade every talented player on their team in my supposed rumors tweets” O’Conner

• Like 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Apologies. You are absolutely right.  i didn’t mean to compare them as prospects and more to group them together as a group of prospects. Holland and Castle profile very differently 

No apology needed.  Carry on, my friend.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Wretch said:

Can't forget this too.