• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al for Marbury?

Diesel

• Premium Member

It came up before. It was dismissed. Let's re-examine knowing what we know...

LB is going to NY.

More than Likely H20 is retiring.

More than Likely, LB will not want to deal with Marbury.

LB was in Indy at the same time as Al? I know Thomas drafted him, but wasn't LB the coach? Maybe not. But Thomas drafted him!

NY has traded away Kurt Thomas. They have cut JYD.

NY can finally get out of cap hell if they get rid of Marbury. Penny, Thomas are set to come off the books.

We can trade Al, Delk, Collier for Marbury.

They can then move Crawford to the 1 and play:

Crawford/QRich/Thomas/Al/Frye as their starting 5... for this year...

We'd have:

Marbury/JJ/JC/JS/zsazsa...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt we go through this already?

Marbury is a great player, but hes gonna be due MAJOR $DINERO in the future.

its one thing to pay JJ $20 million for 1 year when we have lots of CAP ROOM, but its another thing to owe someone like MARBURY $20 (or watever hes owed) million in several years.

if we had a LEGIT CENTER and more depth... and were playoff-bound w/o MARBURY- then maybe... maybe marbury will put us over the top.

but the truth is- we're not ready. we may win 30 (give or take few games) games this season.

ADDING MARBURY

*BEST CASE SCENARIO- we get the 8th seed and lose to miami. congrats!

What a ridiculous proposal considering who you just signed! You just overpaid Joe Johnson to be your point guard of the future and now you want to turn around and trade for Marbury?

One of the main reasons Joe wanted to leave PHX was so that he could dominate the ball and be "the man" on his own team. Bringing in Marbs would ruin any chance of that and majorly piss off Joe. Unbelievable.

Ah...there's SunsFan.

Uh...this trade still wouldn't give us a true PG.

We have enough people to fill Al's position, which makes him expendable. If we trade Al, it should be to pick up help at spots that we need it (i.e. a true point, a banger at Center), not for another swingman or SG masquerading as a PG.

Quote:

It came up before. It was dismissed. Let's re-examine knowing what we know...

Joe Johnson is our PG of the future, Chillz is our SG of the future, Marvin and Smoove are our 3/4 's of the future, Harrington is still a young stud just hitting his prime....this is what we know ... so why in world over pay for Marbury?

Quote:

What a ridiculous proposal considering who you just signed! You just overpaid Joe Johnson to be your point guard of the future and now you want to turn around and trade for Marbury?

Maybe we overpaid. Really depends on perspective and the recent FA history.

Kenyon was paid more and Denver gave up some players/picks as well. No one seemed to mind that so much.

I admit two picks is a lot but if JJ turns out to be exactly what we need to get things going, how can you put a price on that?

In the end JJ could turn out to be much more valuable to us than Kenyon is to Denver and we are getting him for a lower dollar figure.

In reality JJ could turn out to be our Kidd. Mind you, not in the same hall of fame category but quite possibly in the same MVP of the franchise category.

I really do not beleive we are overpaying as long as JJ helps turn this thing around. That is really how important this signing is if you look at our recent and past FA aquisitions.

We have a shot to get a player that could give us 18pts, 6 assist, and 6 boards. How can the worst team in the NBA not take a chance on that?

we overpaid Joe Johnson for 1 year, and then we have him at SEVERAL YEARS at a very fair price.

btw- the 1 yr we overpay for him... its this year. it is the year where we have LOTS OF CAPROOM and NO ONE TO SPEND IT ON (no bigname free agent wants it).

doesnt sound like a bad move now- does it?

Quote:

we overpaid Joe Johnson for 1 year, and then we have him at SEVERAL YEARS at a very fair price.

btw- the 1 yr we overpay for him... its this year. it is the year where we have LOTS OF CAPROOM and NO ONE TO SPEND IT ON (no bigname free agent wants it).

doesnt sound like a bad move now- does it?

I totally agree with you. I don't think we are truly overpaying by todays standards at all, no matter what year in the contract we are talking about.

We need a big name FA, and Johnson fills a need as well ...nough said!

• Premium Member

You guys can say what you want and try to justify JJ as a PG if you want but the truth of the matter is that he has not played the position full time. All day long, we hear silly trades like AL for a Heart Patient who may not live to midseason..

Why not get something substantial. Why not get a real PG and put at least 2 of our players in their RIGHT Positions.

JC is not a 2 by game but he's a 3.

JJ is not a 1 by experience, he's a dominant 2 guard.

JS is not a 3, he can grow into the three spot, but his game is that of a 4.

All the players would be in their NATURAL positions.

On top of that we bring in one of the best PGs in the league!! I mean when you think of the league's best PGs, doesn't Marbury come to mind? So just because he can't make Tim Thomas into a 30 ppger doesn't mean that he lacks distribution skills.

It may be an idea that we haven't considered yet, but I wouldn't call it silly..

Quote:

If Atlanta did have Marbury, it guarantees that the Suns doesn't get a lottery pick in 2007.

Yeah, just like the Knicks made the playoffs last

season.

Marbury is nothing more the mediocrity. That's what he

has been most of his career. Since he is about 30 years

old now and I doubt he is going to change much. Also,

who has Marbury made better in his career?

Marbury sucks.

Quote:

On top of that we bring in one of the best PGs in the league!! I mean when you think of the league's best PGs, doesn't Marbury come to mind?

Just what do mean by PG? If it's the so called 'true PG"

Marbury doesn't fit that mold. We can include guys like

Dwayne Wade or even LaBron James. Iverson played Pg this

past year.... I might even take Bibby over Marbury aswell.

Keep the stat player away.

• Premium Member

He's not Jason Kidd.

But

He's not Tyrone Lue either.

In fact, when you go to rank PGs...

Where does he fall.

For me, he's above Francis, JT, BDiddy, and Bibby...

I think because he's in the largest media market in the world, we can't help but here bad press. But he still is a good PG.