• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HI MY NAME IS JOSH SMITH I GOT MY $$$$ AND NOW I HAVE

NJHAWK

DISAPPEARED.

This is just dumb. Smith has a bad game and now he was all about the contract?

Smith's numbers this season are up across the board, he's shooting almost 50% and his turnovers are down.

His rebounding is down by 0.6, and his blocks are the same other than the first 10-15 games coming back from an ankle injury which is completely normal.

I'm not excusing his performance last night because he was garbage, but have a case before you call out someone's entire season.

What happened to Smooves high fly act? He doesnt seem to get enough lift to block shots anymore and we dont see many great drives to the rim and dunks like we used to get. He is playing like a guy who used to be athletic but got older. Thing is Smoove isnt even close to being old. Maybe its the weight and muscle he put on? Maybe his ankle still isnt 100%? I wouldnt care so much if he was fundamentally sound but he is not. Without the high fly act getting the crowd into the game and pumping up the team with either a great dunk or great block or sometimes both in the same play, Smoove really isnt an impact player.

What happened to Smooves high fly act? He doesnt seem to get enough lift to block shots anymore and we dont see many great drives to the rim and dunks like we used to get. He is playing like a guy who used to be athletic but got older. Thing is Smoove isnt even close to being old. Maybe its the weight and muscle he put on? Maybe his ankle still isnt 100%? I wouldnt care so much if he was fundamentally sound but he is not. Without the high fly act getting the crowd into the game and pumping up the team with either a great dunk or great block or sometimes both in the same play, Smoove really isnt an impact player.

This is why I want to trade Smoove and wasn't in favor of a huge extension....I'm afraid if he gets hurt or simply loses his freaky edge in terms of athleticism as he grows older (which is likely to happen at some point) he won't have a lot of game to fall back on.

I remember Steve Smith saying that after he hurt his knee, he knew he could still play in the league because he had size and he could shoot. Smoove has got size, but his jump shot is terrible, he can't dribble, and his postgame, while it's getting better, is still mostly dependent on quickness and athleticism.

Since you have obviously missed the entire season Smith has publicly said that his ankle is still bothering him and he can't jump like normal. He is having his best year offensively in spite of this.

Of course his ankle has nothing to do with his refusal to box out.

• Premium Member

Josh has always been a very polarizing figure in ATL sports. i guess you can call him the MV7 of the Hawks.

Since you have obviously missed the entire season Smith has publicly said that his ankle is still bothering him and he can't jump like normal. He is having his best year offensively in spite of this.

Of course his ankle has nothing to do with his refusal to box out.

I ASSUME it is ankle but SOMETHING is affecting his confidence when it comes to finishing strong around the rim. He missed a couple of bunnies last night where the old Smoove would have brought the house down with a THUNDEROUS dunk.

I thought he was back on track with his rebounding after starting the season rebounding horribly but last night, he was not aggressive or smart on the glass. Hopefully he will get back on track tonight.

I ASSUME it is ankle but SOMETHING is affecting his confidence when it comes to finishing strong around the rim. He missed a couple of bunnies last night where the old Smoove would have brought the house down with a THUNDEROUS dunk.

I thought he was back on track with his rebounding after starting the season rebounding horribly but last night, he was not aggressive or smart on the glass. Hopefully he will get back on track tonight.

He's shooting the highest % of his career from the field and finishing the highest % of his career from around the hoop.

There are certainly things to get on him about, specifically his inability to grab the ball after it hits the rim and/or backboard, but for now I'm going to be content with a by-far career best in his scoring efficiency.

He's shooting the highest % of his career from the field and finishing the highest % of his career from around the hoop.

There are certainly things to get on him about, specifically his inability to grab the ball after it hits the rim and/or backboard, but for now I'm going to be content with a by-far career best in his scoring efficiency.

What made Josh a good player is not his scoring. Sure his numbers are up in the scoring but not enough to offset the counter production he is giving us by not rebounding or blocking shots. His energy seems way down and his FT shooting makes me want to cry. Not to mention the fact that he commits dumb fouls. (EX:his 2nd against the Lakers Tuesday)

All in all I'm starting to see a pattern with the Smith lovers out there. They give the excuse that..he's young..he's hurt. Its Woody's fault. Fact is..alot of NBA players are hurting right now. We are almost 3/4's of the way through the regular season.

My take is..Smith will be an NBA All-Star...about the same time Michael Vick leads the Falcons to the Super Bowl. :sad:

Did his ankle have anything to do with him getting a lane violation at a critical point in the game on the FIRST FREE THROW SHOT. You know the one that there is NO REBOUND FOR? Also what the hell happened to his free throw shooting. He looks like he is launching a catapult. They almost all go a foot long kind of like Shaq used to look.

Did his ankle have anything to do with him getting a lane violation at a critical point in the game on the FIRST FREE THROW SHOT. You know the one that there is NO REBOUND FOR? Also what the hell happened to his free throw shooting. He looks like he is launching a catapult. They almost all go a foot long kind of like Shaq used to look.

Sounds like you can't make up your mind what you are complaining about.

if you are complaining about Smith's foul shooting going down because he signed a big contract i have a very hard time seeing a connection there.

As far as Smiths decision making he has never been a smart player. I don't think signing a big contract has made him any dumber than he was before.

if you are complaining about Smith's foul shooting going down because he signed a big contract i have a very hard time seeing a connection there.

As far as Smiths decision making he has never been a smart player. I don't think signing a big contract has made him any dumber than he was before.

Not that I agree but big money could definetly make some players relax and rest on their morals. He doesn't seem to be focusing or giving the same effort as last year, IMO. Now whether this is the contract or his "lingering" ankle injury IDK.