• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody is gone if we don't get out of the first round right?

Wurider05

Naw. Dream on.

He's under contract for two years. This year is one. Next season is two.

The ownership will not shell out money to pay two coaches next season,

Woodson and whoever they might be able to get to replace him.

If the Hawks have won their last game this season already, season and playoffs,

he'll still be here next season.

Now, two things might happen and he would be gone. !- The ownership mess

be straightened out and the winner / new owner / owners might see their way

to replace Woody. 2- Death. If Woodson dies, he won't be available to coach

here or anywhere else.

He's our coach. He will continue to be our coach. Like it or not, some things

just can't be changed. I'd be shocked if he's not back next season.

• Moderators

I think if we get trounced in the first round then it might get fired. Especially if some of the players express discontent in the offseason.

But the ownership mess does pretty much tie the team's hands. It'll be interesting to see if they will spend anything or just count on more 'growth'

• Premium Member

Is it possible for us to hire an offensive minded assistant coach like a Carrill(sp?) or something? I'd really like to see our halfcourt offense improve if we retain Woody. That's my biggest concern with him. We rely on too much one on one. Hopefully we can bring in an offensive minded assistant who can make things a little easier offensively in the halfcourt. We have to work a little too hard to get points at times and it's wearing JJ/Bibby down.

Man, born of woman, his days are numbered on this earth.

No one has any guarantee that they will see the sunrise

of another day. Woody is no exception.

Death took one of our own when Woody came to the Hawks.

"It is appointed unto man" and that is an appointment we all

must keep.

Not saying or implying anything. Just saying, like all of us, there

is no guarantee and no escape from death for Woody or any

of the rest of us.

• Moderators

This thread is so sad! :sad:

It is like you guys actually death would stop Woody from being our coach. Haven't people seen Weekend at Bernie's? :nono:

Don't people realize that Woodson is cheaper in life or death than a quality replacement? Do people really think our offense will change in the slightest in the unfortunate event that this should happen?

Seriously, I wouldn't wish any harm on Woody. I do however think that us losing the first round is unlikely to result in a coaching change.

DO you think that if we don't make it out of the first round regardless of who we play then it is an automatic that he us canned??

hopefully he goes and takes these crappy failure players with him. I hate every single player on this roster and i hope they get traded in the offseason. The more the better.

I have no idea what this ownership group is thinking. But if I had to guess, Woodson is back next year unless the team looses to close out the season and we get bounced early.

Woodson can always claim injury was the reason the team didn't perform up to expectations and GM Jr., Mike Gearon, will buy it- even if Sund strongly recommends Woodson being replaced.

Bad economy = Woody staying.

LOL . . and how ungrateful would that be? This team could win 45 - 47 games for the first time in 10 years, and the coach still gets fired just because he lost to a guy who may be the MVP this year ( if our opponent is the Heat ).

So what? Woody gets fired after leading the Hawks to 47 wins. Who do we bring in of quality, that won't cost an arm and a leg?

The ONLY scenario in which Woody could be in jeapordy, is if we got swept or lost in 5 games in the 1st round . . to the Sixers.

People might as well get ready of Year 6 of Woody . . which I think would make him the Dean of Eastern Conference coaches. ( Lawrence Frank should be fired at the end of the year )

DO you think that if we don't make it out of the first round regardless of who we play then it is an automatic that he us canned??

We can only hope so Wurider...we can only hope. I want my Hawks to prove me wrong but I don't see us doing squat this postseason. Not that we're not a better team and I'll take this year over any of the past what, 9 where we have sucked. But for God's sake, why can't we mann up on the road and compete. It's really got me down on the team and Woody has to be the fall guy. But I'll gladly eat crow if they do get through the 1st round.

The ASG is hemorrhaging money right now, and in this slumping economy, they're not going to pay Woody to stay home and pay a different coach to coach this team. We get swept in the first round, second round, lose in 5 games, etc., doesn't matter what happens in the playoffs. Woody will be back next year.

The ASG is hemorrhaging money right now, and in this slumping economy, they're not going to pay Woody to stay home and pay a different coach to coach this team. We get swept in the first round, second round, lose in 5 games, etc., doesn't matter what happens in the playoffs. Woody will be back next year.

Gee thanks! I had almost repressed the knowledge that we are owned by a bunch of clowns and you have to go throwing reality back into my face. Thanks a pantload!