• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What does everyone think will be Atlanta's best lineup

SharadP

I just was wondering what everyone though would be Atlanta's best lineup if they resign Marvin Willilams?

I keep wondering if we would be better with Horford playing PF and Josh playing SF and Marvin coming off the bench? But then I wonder if that would cause Josh to just take more jumpshots.

This is my take though. Against smaller teams.

PG - Bibby

SG - Joe

SF - Marvin

PF- Josh

C - Horford

Against bigger teams especially if we can sign Joe Smith to add to the front court depth.

PG - Bibby

SG - Joe

SF - Smith

PF- Horford

C - Zaza

And I would really love to see this lineup once in a while, Bibby, Crawford, Joe, Smith, Horford. Joe would never see a double team in that lineup.

• Premium Member

I think our best lineup would be:

Bibby

Crawford

Joe

Smoove

Horf.

IF we spread the perimeter with shooters, we open up the driving lanes for Joe, Craw, and Smoove.

Hopefully, Horf has developed his high post shot this summer.

The 1st one.

Bibby

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

Against elite scoring PGs we may be better with (Crawford should help to defend them better then Bibby)

Crawford

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

I would also like to see Crawford at SG and JJ at SF SF for stretches of games.

The 1st one.

Bibby

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

Against elite scoring PGs we may be better with (Crawford should help to defend them better then Bibby)

Crawford

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

I like those two as well but mostly due to Crawfords younger legs and height (he is not a elite defender, just a taller younger defender); and who knows how Teague will be halfway through the season. But for now those are our two best lineups in my opinion as well.

I like those two as well but mostly due to Crawfords younger legs and height (he is not a elite defender, just a taller younger defender); and who knows how Teague will be halfway through the season. But for now those are our two best lineups in my opinion as well.

Isn't Crawford about the same age as Bibby? 29 versus 31?

• Premium Member

Smith at the 3 would be painful to watch. Even more painful than the normal pain that is the Hawks offense.

You mean as painful as it was this year when we had Flip at the 2 and we were a better team than we had been with Marvin playing??

Isn't Crawford about the same age as Bibby? 29 versus 31?

Yes and maybe that is not a huge difference but I think players in general in most sports "slow" down from 30 on out; and usually based on their injury history, some a lot more than others. Crawford looked really good last season whereas Bibby, though our best pg ( comparisons not even close ), seemed to be a step or two slower last season.

I am real happy we have both plus Teague :)

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

In a perfect world:

PG - Acie Law

SG - Joe

SF - Marvin

PF- Smith

C - Horford

In a not so perfect world:

PG - Bibby

SG - Joe

SF - Marvin

PF- Smith

C - Horford

Would be nice to see Horford at PF but he's still the best option at the 5.

I just was wondering what everyone though would be Atlanta's best lineup if they resign Marvin Willilams?

I keep wondering if we would be better with Horford playing PF and Josh playing SF and Marvin coming off the bench? But then I wonder if that would cause Josh to just take more jumpshots.

This is my take though. Against smaller teams.

PG - Bibby

SG - Joe

SF - Marvin

PF- Josh

C - Horford

Against bigger teams especially if we can sign Joe Smith to add to the front court depth.

PG - Bibby

SG - Joe

SF - Smith

PF- Horford

C - Zaza

And I would really love to see this lineup once in a while, Bibby, Crawford, Joe, Smith, Horford. Joe would never see a double team in that lineup.

Horford

Smith

Marvin

JJ

Bibby

I think that should be the starting lineup and provides our most balanced lineup. That said, I am looking forward to seeing a LOT of lineups. Particularly:

Horford (or Zaza)

Marvin

JJ

Crawford

Bibby

Try to keep that lineup from shooting 3's.

Horford

Smoove

Marvin

Crawford

Teague

Run and dunk EVERYTHING.

Zaza

Horford

Smoove

JJ

Crawford

The BIG lineup.

There are plenty more combos I want to see, particularly if we sign Joe Smith, but those are the ones that come to mind right away.

I think our best lineup would be:

Bibby

Crawford

Joe

Smoove

Horf.

IF we spread the perimeter with shooters, we open up the driving lanes for Joe, Craw, and Smoove.

Hopefully, Horf has developed his high post shot this summer.

this right here

I just do not understand how anyone can want to replace JJ with Crawford at the 2 and move JJ to the 3. We were 23rd in rebounding last year...switching those two players and benching Marvin is a negative 3 to 4 boards. We go from 23rd in the league to 29th or 30th; meanwhile the Cavs have gotten better, Miami is trying to grab Boozer and get better.

It does not make sense for people to scream and yell about us needing to get bigger and better; then turn around and in almost the same breath...make us one of the smallest teams in the league.

Oh and not to mention FG%...we were at least respectable...switch JJ and Crawford...bench Marvin we lose that respectability. Do you guys really watch us play or at least look at where we are ranked (our real weaknesses and strengths ) in team stats before you post? Or do you just play NBA live and say man that lineup can score... :computer8:

Edited by Buzzard

I just do not understand how anyone can want to replace JJ with Crawford at the 2 and move JJ to the 3. We were 23rd in rebounding last year...switching those two players and benching Marvin is a negative 3 to 4 boards. We go from 23rd in the league to 29th or 30th; meanwhile the Cavs have gotten better, Miami is trying to grab Boozer and get better.

It does not make sense for people to scream and yell about us needing to get bigger and better; then turn around and in almost the same breath...make us one of the smallest teams in the league.

Oh and not to mention FG%...we were at least respectable...switch JJ and Crawford...bench Marvin we lose that respectability. Do you guys really watch us play or at least look at where we are ranked (our real weaknesses and strengths ) in team stats before you post? Or do you just play NBA live and say man that lineup can score... :computer8:

You cant really use numbers the way you are because you are assuming everyones responsibilities stays the same when if we did make that change it wouldnt. I dont think the 3 guard lineup is something you use every game but I dont think it would have the effects you claim either .

To use your logic we lose the rebounds but wouldnt we also gain over 4 more assists per game and over 6 more points per game.

Changing the lineup doesnt mean that Marvin wouldnt play we would just be using a different style to start the game so he would still give us his boards.

Also I see Marvins fg% affecting us like this . He was 4th on the team in fga so if adding Crawford and removing Marvin allows the leading shot taker in Joe to shoot a higher percentage that would help our fg% much more than Marvins percentage .

I really do believe that the 3 guard lineup is best used after weve had a several months to see how other teams will play us this year . You want teams to lock into the way they defend us and then throw the 3 guard lineup out there .

We are 28th in FT % and 23rd in assists as well. What lineup can fix that?

Edited by GameTime

I agree. Crawford and Bibby in the same backcourt is potentially the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA. I am pretty surprised that some people on here think Crawford is better then Marvin - and I am certaintly no huge supporter of Marvin.