• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson

buckeye242424

Wow, he shrugged he doesn't know? Come on Joe. I still think he is getting traded in a Dominique esq type deal before the deadline.

Joe said we he's is suppose to say. Shouldn't tip his hand whether he knows or not. Plus he doesn't want the Lebron situation where everybody is hanging on his every word every day someone ask who will he sign with. Guys should just say "talk to my agent". Leave the business stuff to after the season and focus on playing well and winning.

If we lose Joe, who would we most likely bring in to replace him, if anybody?

I dont want to rely on Craw and without Joe we dont have any true Swingman on this roster, Evans doesnt count to me. we would need to bring in a player from 6'6 to 6'8 that is a fringe all-star at the least to replace Joe.

If we lose Joe, who would we most likely bring in to replace him, if anybody?

I dont want to rely on Craw and without Joe we dont have any true Swingman on this roster, Evans doesnt count to me. we would need to bring in a player from 6'6 to 6'8 that is a fringe all-star at the least to replace Joe.

Yea Craw can't guard most point guards and he can't stop any 2-guards either, but if he's hot he may score enough points to off-set it. But without Joe, the double teams would go to Craw or Smoove, shut them down and we are in trouble.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yea Craw can't guard most point guards and he can't stop any 2-guards either, but if he's hot he may score enough points to off-set it. But without Joe, the double teams would go to Craw or Smoove, shut them down and we are in trouble.

Yyyyyyyuuuuuuuup.

Why would the assumption be that we would still be running iso-joe if Joe leaves ? If Joe leaves it becomes about all 5 players not just one player

Why would the assumption be that we would still be running iso-joe if Joe leaves ? If Joe leaves it becomes about all 5 players not just one player

Unless all five average the same amount of points, the opponent is going to key on the leading scorer and try to make sure he doesn't beat them, regardless of what offense is run.

Edited by dhawk

Unless all five average the same amount of points, the opponent is going to key on the leading scorer and try to make sure he doesn't beat them, regardless of what offense is run.

That doesnt mean they will double team . Very few teams in the league double team the leading scorer of every opposing team . The only reasons they usually do is because they are hot or because the defense knows they are reluctant to pass .

• Moderators

Because it is completely irrational that we have run iso-Joe for 5 years. The problem with the scheme doesn't seem tied to Joe to me. He isn't Allen Iverson. Joe could be very successful playing off the ball or running through screens or running the pick and roll or doing any number of things in organized offensive sets.

Why would anyone assume Woody has more in his offensive toolbox than he has shown over the last 5 years?

If we lost Joe, I doubt that would could get anyone as good as him right now...but a couple players that come to mind are Rudy Gay and Kevin Martin. They have good potential but don't have the skill set JJ gives us right now. I really would like us to try and sign him back for the right price. Another scenario would be a trade with the raps...Bosh and Jack for JJ and Marv....But I dunno I like our team a lot. Lets see what we can do with our current team.

I will admit losing JJ will hurt the team and it will be tough to replace him. On the flipside his constant bashing of the team and reading his response down bottom. All it does is just add fuel to the fire that he doesn't want to be here. As someone mention not too long ago. I think it is true. JJ is afraid of losing his spot on the team. He is so afraid that he would really consider a team like the Knicks even without any other big name FA joining him just to keep his spot as the goto guy on a team. Quite frankly I could careless if he does go. Our first priority this offseason is getting Horford re-sign. Talk about a player that won't be under the radar the following season. Teams will be coming for him.

LOL . . it'll become iso-Jamal. The fact is that no one on the team, other than Jamal, would be able to create and make a quality shot. Every team needs a go-to player, and Jamal would be the one.

Smoove, Horford, and Marvin don't have enough offensive skills to handle that role. Bibby can't do it without a pick . . and even then, he's shooting a jumper.

So it would be all on Jamal to score, pass, and defend.. Not good.

And our switching defense? With Bibby and Crawford together on the court, and Marvin having to probably guard the best perimeter player every night? Not good.

@ sultan: That's what I say too. But they'll have to find a team that has a good, but disgruntled player on a bad team, . . and that team willing to give the player up. And the team that gets JJ will also have to simply let him go at the end of the season, to create cap space.

I said this summer that the guy would be Kevin Martin. Sacramento would be idiotic to do that though. So they'll try to justify a trade for somebody like a Monta Ellis, Baron Davis, Troy Murphy . . some dude that they'll claim we got the most we could get for JJ, and would be a guy that could help us.

Or . . they may find a good team with young talent and "potential", that is willing to bring JJ in for the rest of the year, to see if he can get them deep in the playoffs. I don't know . . maybe Cuban trades Josh Howard and a 1st to us, to get JJ.

And Sund will be like . . . "look, I got a quality player and a 1st round pick for JJ. Pat me on the back." Half of the fan base will rejoyce, hyping up Sund as this genius . . while the other half will be like, "you traded JJ for a pothead and a 1st round pick that will be in the 20s? And you want praise?"

Then Crawford will be given the iso-joystick, and he can go back to what he does best . . chuck up bad shots.

All I know, is that if the Hawks are anywhere near the #3 seed at the trade deadline, trading JJ is OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I'd rather see this group as is, make a run to the EC Finals, and miss the playoffs the following year . . . than to trade JJ, get bumped in Rd 1, and be good enough to get bumped in Rd 1 again next year.

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 1

Or . . they may find a good team with young talent and "potential", that is willing to bring JJ in for the rest of the year, to see if he can get them deep in the playoffs. I don't know . . maybe Cuban trades Josh Howard and a 1st to us, to get JJ.

And Sund will be like . . . "look, I got a quality player and a 1st round pick for JJ. Pat me on the back." Half of the fan base will rejoyce, hyping up Sund as this genius . . while the other half will be like, "you traded JJ for a pothead and a 1st round pick that will be in the 20s? And you want praise?"

Cuban would LOVE to trade Josh Howard and a pick for JJ. Sund would be a retard to take that deal though as it would lock the team into mediocrity.