• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Portland vs. Atlanta Game 2 (11/16/09)

jerrywest

HOLY CRAP! Those first three quarters made me want to shove glass in my eyes, but it was well worth it to watch the 4th and overtime! What a comeback. 'When the going gets tough, the tough get going' and that is exactly what our Hawks did tonight. GREAT GAME!!!

• Premium Member

Yet another night from Marvin where he doesn't do much offensively but manages to post a decent +/-. (He was leading the Hawks in it until the off/def substitution pattern with JC near the end).

He's an enigma, for sure. (Either that, or he plays solid defense. To avoid the argument, I'll go with enigma).

• Admin

To comeback in this game the way they did has shown the maturity that team has gotten.

Great game and I am so impressed with how we kept it together.

We started losing when Al went out with foul trouble. When he came back in was when the team started playing better.

Al was awesome.

Josh was great at both ends of the floor. His d is so much improved this year. I never use to think he was that great a defender but this season he is actually showing that he is a good one.

The team continues to box out (something they never use to do...Joe Smith's influence maybe?) and it has made a major difference in our rebounding this season. I think this is one of the major reasons for our success so far.

Joe was clutch and that last assist was major.

Marvin's confidence is shattered right now. You can see it when he goes out of the game. He is not the same Marvin as last year. His d was good tonight but his offense was pretty bad.

Teague has to slow down. He is playing too fast. He can't make a layup to save his life because he is not taking his time.

I have no idea why Miller was sitting. That was when the Hawks started coming back. He is a true leader and Portland should have had him on the floor.

• Premium Member

Yet another night from Marvin where he doesn't do much offensively but manages to post a decent +/-. (He was leading the Hawks in it until the off/def substitution pattern with JC near the end).

He's an enigma, for sure. (Either that, or he plays solid defense. To avoid the argument, I'll go with enigma).

34 mpg, 4 points, and in the 4th, Roy scored all but one of his 4th quarter buckets on Marvin.

• Like 1

Good lord. I'm not sure what it is about this Portland team, but every game it's always close. Exciting! I was at the gym watching it, and I couldn't concentrate on my workout because I was so engrossed with the game :cheers:

Another great win. The defense kept us in it during the horrible 2nd and 3rd quarters for our offense. Josh and Horford are a terrific duo. Marvin's shot is still missing, but he played great defense on Roy and Aldridge. Man that was fun to watch. Only downside is I still haven't done any of the work I was planning to do while I watched the game.

Anyone take a look at Jamal's shot chart?

Josh came up big for us in the second half even after becoming an afterthought despite the 10 point 1st quarter.

Joe was awesome, didn't care if his arms fell off taking all those shots he was doing what he had to to win.

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

Great win. Defense, rebounding, and clutch shooting was great. But you know what won this one? Maturity and confidence. We came out in the 4th on a mission. When Rudy hit that three to puch it into overtime, we took it personally...and we decided to destroy Portland for scaring us like that. I love it. This team knows how to come back and seal the deal.

Just got back from the game and wow, I think I picked a good game to actually attend, that was so fun. It was so ugly in the first three quarters, and there were a few boos from some of the crowd around me, but that fourth quarter and OT was awesome. Nothing much that I can add to what has been said. I have some photos which I will try and post soon. Can't wait for the game on Wednesday!!

Cheers

Rick

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Man that was rough. Again the rebounding was the key. The Hawks outrebounded them 58-44. JJ hit some big shots late but the Smith/Horford duo is the reason the Hawks won. Nice to see them get the best of a very tall front line.

Horford has been fantastic this year, wouldn't you say so Exodus? :biggrin:

Horford has been fantastic this year, wouldn't you say so Exodus? :biggrin:

Not really. I think he is improving but he has a ways to go. I think he is starting to understand that he needs to use his speed on offense, whether it is driving or moving without the ball. Now when they run and pick and roll he is actually rolling to the basket instead of taking two steps and stopping. He also looks like he is running more in transition.

I would like to see him drive and put up a fake now and then. if he gets his man moving and then fakes he could get some easy baskets.

This was a big game for him. It is one thing to have a big game against Roy Hibbert or David Lee. Doing it against a front line of Oden, Pryz and Aldridge is much more significant, to me anyway.