• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dominique

CrawDaddy

I love 'Nique as a player. But I would rather stab myself in the eye with a pencil than listen to him on the telecast. He is brutal. Why oh why did we let Smitty go?

Smitty got promoted we didn't let him go. Nique is pretty brutal as an announcer but at least he's not a homer like these Blazer announcers.

Funny you said that because I was thinking how he is full of cliches. most of which are tired and worn out.

He says "That's the dagger!" at least twice every game. Once for when he says it prematurely and once for the actual "dagger." And I love how he always says "He was TOOOO wide open!" like every time it's some hilarious thing he just thought of.

• Premium Member

Nique is the announcer b/c he is a celeb. He doesn't do a great job but its fun having him in the boot. Fans love seeing him on the court and its cool having him with Rathbun. Smitty is with NBA tv i believe

Actually, I would rather here Nique call the game than anybody else. He brings authenticity. He also has his catch phrases: Heet Check, That's the Dagger, etc.. but so did others:

Who is this:

Young fella.

I'd rather him trade places with Stinger

^ This, i remember when Mike used to do the telecast with Rathbun and they were imo the best announcers in the NBA, Nique i loved as a player but i have worn out the mute button the last year and 11 games and he is the cause. He is an insult to the knowledgeable fan and master of pointing out the obvious, i bet you Bob is trying his best not to go crazy at times listening to that mess.It's great if your a new fan of basketball or don't know much about the NBA but if you consider yourself pretty experienced at what you're watching then all the "Heatchecks" and "That was the dagger" for the 5th time in the game gets to be a little tough to take. Nique God Bless him but someone do the right thing and switch him with Mike "the Stinger" Glenn and then all right's with the world again. :beer11:

You can tell Nique is a genuinely nice person, but when it comes to announcing he just comes off as dumb.

I wasn't too big of a fan of Bob Rathbun either because he announced for the Braves one year and he just got on my nerves. However, he is a lot better announcing basketball and I've actually grown to like him.

Edited by DjGrizz

• Moderators

"They basically shot their wad. They're done."

HAH!!!! Good ol' Nique. He's gotten a little better, but it's tough listening to him. Kinda like watching MJ play baseball.

That was the best one. Unbelievable really that he'd say that on tv. If he doesn't know what it refers to then I can't imagine what he thinks it means.

My favorite from last night is with about 2 minutes left "this one's going down to the wire". Looks that way!

I said last year he either needed to get better or get a lot worse. He's managed to do both. He actually has some good commentary this year (he does often just repeat what Bob says) and he is saying plenty of crazy things. They should encourage that more. He's well on his way to being our very own sober Harry Cary.