• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Josh Smith isn't the starting PF in the All-Star game

Admin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

End of the half prayer because Crawford got tripped up.

Thats what I was hoping for, thanks.

Keep it up Smoove!

• Premium Member

If he continues to rebound and defend at this torrid pace than we can start talking about MVP with this guy.

MVP? He's been great, but come on, now. I'm sure there's plenty of people on this board who will argue he's not even the MVP of this team.

• Admin

Whoever has the best record in each conference like two weeks before the game are the coaches. So right now it's looking like Atlanta could have as many as 4 All Stars. I really don't want to see Woodson coaching the All Star team, but if it means we have the best record that late into the season then I'm all for it.

we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves. We are 12 games into the season. One game up on 2 teams behind us. Its a long way to go

we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves. We are 12 games into the season. One game up on 2 teams behind us. Its a long way to go

I'm not getting ahead of myself, but I'm a die hard Hawks, Falcons, and Braves fan. I'm not wasting any opportunities to feel great about my team.

I don't know who flipped the switch inside of his head but he has realized every ounce of potential that the scouts saw in him and I absofreakinlutely LOVE this years Josh Smith. He could lead the league in rebounding, blocks, FG%, and exciting plays and nobody could stop him from doing that except himself.

Right now he is easily an all star. If he continues to play this way he should be here.

• Premium Member

Personally, I'm wondering what's going on in Jay Bilas's head now.....lol. If Josh makes an all-star team, is he still a dumb pick and potentially the worst pick in the draft? LOL...

I would love for him to make the all-star game and give a speech about Bilas.

I'd love for him to make the all-star game, get asked about Jay Bilas and respond: "Jay who?"

• Premium Member

I'm not getting ahead of myself, but I'm a die hard Hawks, Falcons, and Braves fan. I'm not wasting any opportunities to feel great about my team.

Exactly. Heck, if we lose our next 70 games at least I'll know that I savored our 15 minutes in the limelight... It's not like we are the Lakers and have 200 championship banners to feel good about... Last time the Hawks won anything non of us were even born.

Exactly. Heck, if we lose our next 70 games at least I'll know that I savored our 15 minutes in the limelight... It's not like we are the Lakers and have 200 championship banners to feel good about... Last time the Hawks won anything non of us were even born.

Couldn't agree more, I know that its early but damn it just let me be happy. My friend and I were having a conversation about this the other night, he's the biggest grizz fan I know and has been that way since the day the moved to memphis and with me being a hawks fan we've really understood each others pain over the years. We text each other after each game that our team wins and the other night when I text him after the portland win I was of course excited as I can be and he text back saying that I shouldn't b excited like that bc I should expect our team to win games like that, he said I shouldn't get excited over every little win like he does because we're a top tier team. I guess I can understand where he's coming from but I'm a hawks fan...been one since I can remember and winning isn't really something I'm used to. So maybe we shouldn't be so excited about a good start when its this early in the year...............................but on the other hand like I said I'm a hawks fan, i'll take it however I can get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already voted for all hawks to the all star game. I think im going back to vote again

I'm voting Daily!! :help wanted3: To those of y'all who think the NBA world doesn't want Smoove to be an all star starter and a great player in this league. They always knew he had the athletic ability to be great and they would love to see another hometown kid battling the likes of Lebron's and the Wade, Dwight,Carmelo's, Bosh's, Iguodala and Granger's being the new top dog's of the league to name a few. I can name players like D Rose ad Brandon Jennings too!! Damn the East is deep and we're on top, if we stay this way we at least got to have two allstars!!

Edited by sillent

I love this quote from teague: "[Josh Smith] plays so hard," Teague said. "The things he did on the floor, like blocking shots and rebounding and all of the things he doesn't get credit for, like taking charges and getting deflections and things like that ... I always try to pump him up when he comes off the floor to let him know that somebody's seeing what he's done and that we appreciate it."

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2009/11/19/1164355/quotes-links-and-thoughts-bursting

I know we're only 12 games into the season. However, after sending Nique to the Clips, Pete Babcock, trading Smitty for Rider, Krugar's playoff guarantee, Bob Sura messing up the ping pong balls, Rasheed for a day, trading Jason Terry, flushing our roster out, putting out a starting five with Kenny Anderson & John Barry, a 13 win season, the death of Jason Collier, Belkin holding up the JJ trade and the Spirit suing each other, the Paul/D. Williams vs. Marvin Williams debate, Shelden Williams promise @ 5, Speedy's contract, and Billy Knight's aloof behavior...

I'm going to enjoy winning and watching a truly good team. Whether we're the 1st or 5th seed, I'm glad we're finally watching winning basketball. Other than the Clippers, I don't know of another fanbase in the NBA that's dealt with the mess we've dealt with. We haven't reached the promise land yet. However, I'd be a fool not to enjoy this.

I love this quote from teague: "[Josh Smith] plays so hard," Teague said. "The things he did on the floor, like blocking shots and rebounding and all of the things he doesn't get credit for, like taking charges and getting deflections and things like that ... I always try to pump him up when he comes off the floor to let him know that somebody's seeing what he's done and that we appreciate it."

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2009/11/19/1164355/quotes-links-and-thoughts-bursting

THATS SIG MATERIAL RIGHT THERE. I wish he had a dam Twiiter account i would be letting him know we do appreciate what he is doing.

I know we're only 12 games into the season. However, after sending Nique to the Clips, Pete Babcock, trading Smitty for Rider, Krugar's playoff guarantee, Bob Sura messing up the ping pong balls, Rasheed for a day, trading Jason Terry, flushing our roster out, putting out a starting five with Kenny Anderson & John Barry, a 13 win season, the death of Jason Collier, Belkin holding up the JJ trade and the Spirit suing each other, the Paul/D. Williams vs. Marvin Williams debate, Shelden Williams promise @ 5, Speedy's contract, and Billy Knight's aloof behavior...

I'm going to enjoy winning and watching a truly good team. Whether we're the 1st or 5th seed, I'm glad we're finally watching winning basketball. Other than the Clippers, I don't know of another fanbase in the NBA that's dealt with the mess we've dealt with. We haven't reached the promise land yet. However, I'd be a fool not to enjoy this.

Seriously it has been rough being a Hawks fan. Plus this team is clearly better than last years 47 win team at least so far. Last years didn't didn't score much inside and didn't rebound well. This years team is leading the league in pts in the paint and is currently 6th in the league in rebounding ratio. That makes a huge difference. You can't score without the ball and neither can the opponents. The improved rebounding has allowed the Hawks to get more second chance pts and fast break pts (18 per game, second in the league).