• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks lack worth ethic and Woody should be fired.

Plainview1981

It's obvious this team cuts every corner they can and simply doesn't have the work ethic to play hard every night. It should make people sick that The Thunder come in so quick;ly and build a team that plays better defense and is just better than the Hawks. The lack of practice obviously aids in the laziness that plagues this team. We've all went over the teams lack of a real game plan, but it's sad that also Woody can't get this team to play hard. No matter what happens in this series Woody should be fired.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For a coach that preaches defense, it is odd that defense is the first thing to go when we are on the road. People will say that the Bucks were just hot tonight, but what do you expect when you are giving a half assed effort on defense and the opposing team is playing in front of their home crowd in the playoffs for the first time in four year? This is exactly the type of game where you have to come out with some extreme defensive intensity at the beginning of the game to take away some of the wind off of the other teams sails. We needed to come out tonight and punch them in the mouth, pound it inside and force turnovers... Instead we play the way we've played in eight of our last nine road playoff games. If this doesn't change we will never have a shot at beating the best teams in a series. You look at the difference between us and the elite and you can pretty much point at road games and lack of focus as the only real difference. We have, probably, the all around most talented team in the east but we can't seem to find that extra focus, extra effort, extra "it" that you need to take the next step.

• Premium Member

I put our road struggles squarely on the lack of coaching. We make zero adjustments on either end of the court and even though our front court dominates theirs we never bother to attack them there when we start to struggle with jump shots. Contrast that with the Lakers who even though down big time (as I write this post) keep killing the Thunder inside with their guys. Woodson is not a NBA head coach and games like this show it.

Hotlanta, you must have been waiting in your little cave a while to be able to post something like that. Makes me sick.

The ONLY (and don't pat yourself on the back) thing that I agree on is that woody should be fired.

It's obvious this team cuts every corner they can and simply doesn't have the work ethic to play hard every night. It should make people sick that The Thunder come in so quick;ly and build a team that plays better defense and is just better than the Hawks. The lack of practice obviously aids in the laziness that plagues this team. We've all went over the teams lack of a real game plan, but it's sad that also Woody can't get this team to play hard. No matter what happens in this series Woody should be fired.

Woody is lazy in developing players and cuts corners by importing veterans such as Joe Johnson, Bibby and Jamal Crawford.. Short-term it is beneficial, but this team still can't win consistently on the road during the regular reason or the playoffs. If a team can't win on the road, its impossible to win a championship.

The lack of a young PG and a productive small forward is the proverbial 6000 lb elephant in the room..

Acie, Royal Ivey, Salim have been Woodson's legacy in developing young PGs.

Hotlanta, you must have been waiting in your little cave a while to be able to post something like that. Makes me sick.

The ONLY (and don't pat yourself on the back) thing that I agree on is that woody should be fired.

Why say something good? You know they'll turn right around and screw up. They always do. Besides, after nearly blowing leads in the first 2 games I would say the performances in those games wasn't all that impressive.

HOw do you know what there work ethic is? I would attribute it to a weak mentality and shitty coaching.

If they gain ground they lose it. They throw out excuses like "We just lost focus". It's more like "We can't play hard for 48 minutes". That's what it is. They got up 2-0 and played this game almost like a throw away game.

I'm not sure if Woody is fully at fault for these road failures -- game planning and game management are not the problems when only one player on your roster shows up to play. He is definitely culpable as the head coach, though, and this sort of (lack of) effort is just unacceptable at this point.

We are no longer a young 8 seed. There is no way for Woody to spin this against an obviously inferior team. If we are still having effort issues on the road then we can forget about being serious players in these playoffs and we need to seriously evaluate the direction of this franchise in the offseason.

They better come out and show some fire and intensity in Game 4 or this thing is probably going 7. You dont want to give an inferior team a reason to believe or you will have a dogfight and can mess around and get embarrassed.

I'm not sure if Woody is fully at fault for these road failures -- game planning and game management are not the problems when only one player on your roster shows up to play. He is definitely culpable as the head coach, though, and this sort of (lack of) effort is just unacceptable at this point.

We are no longer a young 8 seed. There is no way for Woody to spin this against an obviously inferior team. If we are still having effort issues on the road then we can forget about being serious players in these playoffs and we need to seriously evaluate the direction of this franchise in the offseason.

They better come out and show some fire and intensity in Game 4 or this thing is probably going 7. You dont want to give an inferior team a reason to believe or you will have a dogfight and can mess around and get embarrassed.

All people need to do, is watch #5.

The game is on espn360. People can easily go back and watch the replay of the game. But don't even watch the game . . . just watch #5

• Premium Member

Why do you even bother to post on a fan blog? I'm seriously curious.

• Premium Member

Why do you even bother to post on a fan blog? I'm seriously curious.

He's the resident troll on this board. But he's not a very good one. He doesn't even post when we do well to try and look more authentic as a real poster. Only posting after a loss shows the troll for what he is.

It seems to me the road routine itself is flawed. Starting with the flight to the accomodations meals and rest. They are young, rich and maybe bored but on the business trip they should focus on the business. Management may need to examine player activities closer. During holidays and on the road these guys suck. Piss-poor efforts.

Obviously they are not prepared. What really can Woody do being a lame-duck coach.

If they check the fundamental lifestyle of the guys on the road, they will be more focused and successful.

Yes Joe is the only one who showed up, but he is the only player playing for a big contract this offseason too. It upset me to see our team play with no heart against a team that has no frontline. Smoove letting guys blow by him to the rim. Horford not battling for rebounds, and Marv playing with alligator arms and no balance. We missed so many easy points becuase our "Bigger, sTRONGER, Faster" frontline couldnt man up in the paint. The team needs to take a look in the mirror and figure out who they really are and bring it big time next game. If we go to 7 games, itll be a failure.

He's the resident troll on this board. But he's not a very good one. He doesn't even post when we do well to try and look more authentic as a real poster. Only posting after a loss shows the troll for what he is.

Oh please. This whole board is quiet when the team wins.

When they play well and win, they're doing what they get paid to do. When they don't, they're not. That's how I look at it. They're professional players, I'm not going to shower them with praise.

• Premium Member

Oh please. This whole board is quiet when the team wins.

When they play well and win, they're doing what they get paid to do. When they don't, they're not. That's how I look at it. They're professional players, I'm not going to shower them with praise.

Ya know, you'd fit in really well up here in Philly.