• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We have no choice but to trade Josh

JackB1

Lets face it....there is no demand for Bibby or Marvin.

Josh may be the only player we can get something in return for.

It just makes sense, WE HAVE TWO POWER FORWARDS!!!

Trade Josh and get a star in return and move Al to power forward before he gets gray.

I wouldn't even mind Al at the #4 and Zaza at the #5 with a star PG or SF. People forget

Zaza is still improving and might get better if put back into the starting lineup. At least

he plays with heart and has size.

• Moderators

Even though it may seem like Josh has issues, he is the guy on the roster that can't be replaced. He can't lead a team to a championship but he's the kind of player you need on a winning team. I don't think Horford is a good 4. He's just a short 5 but where does that hurt us. Who in the league is a better center than Horford other that Dwight?

Even though it may seem like Josh has issues, he is the guy on the roster that can't be replaced. He can't lead a team to a championship but he's the kind of player you need on a winning team. I don't think Horford is a good 4. He's just a short 5 but where does that hurt us. Who in the league is a better center than Horford other that Dwight?

+1

Lets face it....there is no demand for Bibby or Marvin.

Josh may be the only player we can get something in return for.

It just makes sense, WE HAVE TWO POWER FORWARDS!!!

Trade Josh and get a star in return and move Al to power forward before he gets gray.

I wouldn't even mind Al at the #4 and Zaza at the #5 with a star PG or SF. People forget

Zaza is still improving and might get better if put back into the starting lineup. At least

he plays with heart and has size.

I know you don't like Josh very much but if you trade him away, he is the kind of player you regret losing for the next 10 years. This is a very bad idea. There are better options.

u gonna have to put smith at the 3 and horford at the 4 at some point. we gonna have to face the music at some point.You dont trade smoove cause you dont wanna put him at his natural poistion and you dont trade just cause he will never become a 20ppg player(ive heard 30 people say 1 or bothon here).

You prob have to trade smith since no one with common sense wants bibby who is may 6 milli a year or marvin who is making 9milli a year. but you have to get a equal player and a draft pick. not 2 scrubs and a draft pick.

Edited by hoodstar

You guys are missing the point. When you have 2 of something, you can afford to trade one of them. Josh had a nice season and can get us something of value in return.

Al will improve his PPG at the #4 and we can then get a player to put where we need it......namely the #1 or #3 spot. Basketball teams are puzzle pieces. We have 2 of the same

piece and can afford to trade one. Josh's non-effort on defense is a cancer that spreads in this team. Sure he can come flying in from the weak side and block shots, WHEN HE

FEELS LIKE EXERTING HIMSELF. But ask Josh to play solid, man on man defense is just too much to ask most of the time. Also, Josh is a horrible player away from Philips.

The HAwks as a team need to strive for CONSISTENCY. We are the most INCONSISTENT team in the history of the NBA and Josh is part of that problem.

• Moderators

In a perfect world, next season, Josh keeps the Sixth Man of the Year award housed in the 404. If we can get the quality starters we need at the positions other than PF, AND if he can get past not hearing his name called ("Atlanta's Own!") at opening festivities, Smoove's energy and intensity will be just right for spelling the Hawks starting forwards in 2011, and we'll be closer to having a playoff-competitive second unit.

~lw3

JackB, I have to disagree with you. It's blatant that you don't like Josh. Like everyone else said, Josh is one guy who you want on your team and we would regret if we traded him in the future. And like mrhone line said, I would like to see him player under a new coach. I bet sky is the limit for this kid.

Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

You guys are a mess.

We don't need to trade Josh or Horf.

We need a new coach.

Horf can't keep up with 4s... Watch tonight when Horf is matched up on Lewis. You are what you defend. Keep Horf as a 5. Let Horf's offense improve. Keep Josh as a 4. Let the knew coach teach him how to be a 4. Get a good 7 footer in here. I don't think that will happen in the draft. The draft will be a swingman.

Mo has to Opt out.

We have to get a PG (Steve Blake).

• Premium Member

I agree with those who see Horford as a fine center and want to see Josh and Horford at the 4/5 under a new coach.

I would love to have Kendrick Perkins or Heywood or Kaman and have a 3 man rotation at PF/C but right now, we don't have that. The truth is that Horf is not a defensive PF yet. Our bigs need to attend a big man camp next season. We lack fundamentals.

But really, it's a matter of coaching,

Now if Woody were able to push this to 7, I would suspect that he might just be resigned. Although.. I think he has run his course, I want to see how our players respond in a few hours.

As a overall player, no one. Playing the center position:

Yao Ming

Brook Lopez

Pau Gasol

Marc Gasol

Andrew Bynum

Andrew Bogut

Edited by nbasuperstar40

You guys are missing the point. When you have 2 of something, you can afford to trade one of them. Josh had a nice season and can get us something of value in return.

Al will improve his PPG at the #4 and we can then get a player to put where we need it......namely the #1 or #3 spot. Basketball teams are puzzle pieces. We have 2 of the same

piece and can afford to trade one. Josh's non-effort on defense is a cancer that spreads in this team. Sure he can come flying in from the weak side and block shots, WHEN HE

FEELS LIKE EXERTING HIMSELF. But ask Josh to play solid, man on man defense is just too much to ask most of the time. Also, Josh is a horrible player away from Philips.

The HAwks as a team need to strive for CONSISTENCY. We are the most INCONSISTENT team in the history of the NBA and Josh is part of that problem.

I disagree with the non effort. It's seeming that way since teams are taking Smith out of the post and the lane. This goes back to my Josh Smith thread. A lot of fans here will disagree because the options outside of Smith are small and the likelihood is he will be back if things do not go Atlanta's way.

I don't see Josh Smith as a true PF. He's more like a 3.5, a bulky SF who can't shoot, like Shawn Marion.

He's not a SF, not even close, his athleticism may remind you of one as well as his frame but all and all. He's far from a SF.

• Premium Member

I don't see Josh Smith as a true PF. He's more like a 3.5, a bulky SF who can't shoot, like Shawn Marion.

Shawn Marion can defend wings. Josh can't.

Josh is the last player I would trade. He should retire a Hawk. He was the first player to believe we could hang with Boston in 08 and inspired the others.

Yes, but that cuts both ways. When Josh played half-assed on D to start the second half of game 2 and then again to start game 3, it killed the team's energy.

Horford would be the last guy I trade. Josh would be next on my "protect" list. But no one is untouchable.