• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Picks in Mock Drafts Following the Lottery

AHF

Anderson's game is reminiscent of JJ's, to be quite honest. He was once considered a higher prospect then where people are slotting him now. He'd be a good, good pick.

Their size and shooting ability are fairly comparable. Anderson is a little more athletic but JJ is slightly bigger.

JJ played alot of PG in college due to his ball handling and passing skills. The main knock on Anderson is his ball handling and his defense took a hit this past year. Anderson was actually known as a good defensive player coming into his junior year. His stock was as a 2nd round pick in January. Anderson's stock has consistently been on the rise since January. His last game vs. Ga Tech was his worst performance of the year. His stock may have taken a small hit from that. His inability to create his own shot off the dribble was on display. Tech has some excellent, long, wing, defenders that gave him trouble.

What I like about Anderson the most is that he has a rare comination of good athleticism while being a pure shooter with a high release point. There are not many of those guys that can both shoot and jump like he can.

• Moderators

Its a shame- I think Cousins is special and I think that in the right situation (Veteran team where he wasn't "needed") then he could be the top player in this draft.

But on a bad team where the coach needs him more than he needs the coach I do think his weight has potential to explode out of control. When he needs to stay in shape and play the team game for team goals I think he may be fine- but lets say he goes to the Nets and they lose so many games- its easy for me to imagine him checking out. THis very well could be the case where the first team that takes him was "right" but he will only succeed at his second stop.

Is it possible that New Jersey has visions of another devil-may-care talented big with the initials "DC"? If so, then I'm certain they'll let Cousins slip down and go with Favors.

~lw3

I wonder if U.S. talent will be scared to workout vs. Kevin Seraphin ?

He is one of those guys who could go 10 or 30.

Measurements recently came in on this guy based off 2 tweets posted on draftexpress.com. However, his weight is quite conflicting in the 2 tweets.

His standing reach of 9'1'' and wing span of 7'3'', if accurate, are better then expected.

As a comparison Al Horford measured a 8'11'' standing reach and virtually the same wingspan of 9'.75''.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kevin-Seraphin-5278/

Kevin Seraphin is in Treviso getting measured. Came out 6-9 in shoes, 278, w/7-3 wingspan, 9-1 standing reach. Walking normal, knee is fine.

2010-06-07 12:45:01

Kevin Seraphin is in Treviso getting measured. Came out 6-9 in shoes, 264, w/7-3 wingspan, 9-1 standing reach. Walking normal, knee is fine.

2010-06-07 06:20:07

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Draft Workout Schedule (as per AJC, Michael Cunningham):

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/06/08/atlanta-hawks-draft-workouts/

*Denotes early-entry candidate

Monday, June 14

Terrico White, 6-5, G, Ole Miss

Elliott Williams*, 6-4, G, Memphis

Dominique Jones*, 6-4, G, South Florida

Manny Harris*, 6-5, G, Michigan

Tuesday, June 15

Darington Hobson*, 6-7, F, New Mexico

Stanley Robinson, 6-9, F, Connecticut

Pape Sy, 6-7, F, France

Wednesday, June 16

Mikhail Torrance, 6-5, G, Alabama

Jordan Crawford*, 6-4, G, Xavier

Chris Kramer, 6-3, G, Purdue

J.T. Tiller, 6-3, G, Missouri

Greivis Vasquez, 6-5, G, Maryland

Thursday, June 17

Gani Lawal*, 6-8, F, Georgia Tech

Charles Garcia*, 6-9, F, Seattle

Friday, June 18

Devin Ebanks*, 6-8, F, West Virginia

Quincy Pondexter, 6-6, F, Washington

Elijah Millsap*, 6-6, F, Alabama-Birmingham

Kevin Palmer, 6-6, F, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi

Landon Milbourne, 6-7, F, Maryland

Saturday, June 19

Trevor Booker, 6-7, F, Clemson

Lazar Hayward, 6-7, F, Marquette

Tasmin Mitchell, 6-7, F, LSU

Sunday, June 20

Craig Brackins*, 6-10, F, Iowa State

Derrick Caracter*, 6-9, F, Texas-El Paso

Patrick Sullivan, 6-9, F, Southeastern Louisiana

Jarvis Varnado, 6-9, F, Mississippi State

Tuesday, June 22

Larry Sanders*, 6-9, F, Virginia Commonwealth

Ryan Richards, 6-10, F, Switzerland

Latavious Williams, 6-8, F, D-League

Solomon Alabi*, 7-0, C, Florida State

Samardo Samuels*, 6-8, F, Louisville

Daniel Orton*, 6-10, C, Kentucky

Tory Jackson, 5-10, G, Notre Dame

Joe Dukes, 6-1, G, Georgia State

~lw3

That is a very extensive workout schedule compared to what we have become accustomed to here. Glad to Sund is working so hard. Did the Hawks have this many workout last year ?

What worries me is the over analysis of workouts b/c the iso's players shine in 3 on 3 and 1 on 1 drills. The team oriented players suffer. For example..........J. Teague probably tore it up in most workouts while a team oriented PG, like Collison, probably would look more average in such a setting.

I'm glad to see we are scouting the bigs last. I would love it if 1 of the bigs like Alabi, Whiteside, Sanders, Orton, or Seraphin fell to #24.

I'm dissapointed that Anderson / Okl St. and James/Texas are not yet scheduled for workouts.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I dont think Ive ever noticed our workout schedule this organized before, its literally: shooting gaurds, forwards, combo gaurds, power forwards, Wings, small forwards, power forwards, then 2 even teams of 4 with 1 C, PF, SF and PG on each side.

Our staff will get a great head to head look in these workouts as the talent seems matched up very well size and skill wise.

• Like 1

mrhonline- I am also pretty disillusioned with the talent this year past 20. There isn't anyone currently that I think scouts are clearly missing on. I am actually more intrigued by guys going in the second round like Booker, Vasquez, Varnado, and Zoubek that I think could be useful roleplayers without the "cost" of a first round pick.

• Premium Member

I'm just not that impressed overall with the names on that list. There are some decent players, but I'd almost rather see what the Hawks could get for the pick in a trade...

I wouldn't be surprised if we sold the pick to a team like Cleveland for three million so the Spirit could pay for Drew's entire contract length.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't be surprised if we sold the pick to a team like Cleveland for three million so the Spirit could pay for Drew's entire contract length.

God I'm good. Drew's contract total is a little over three million and I do believe three million is how much you can sell a pick in the first round for. Wow. I firmly expect them to sell the pick.

God I'm good. Drew's contract total is a little over three million and I do believe three million is how much you can sell a pick in the first round for. Wow. I firmly expect them to sell the pick.

We will see.

The Raptors are offering $3 mill cash for a pick in the 20's.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67189/20100614/colangelo_searching_for_extra_pick_in_20s/

I hope the ASG either keep the pick or trade it for a veteran. If they sell it for cash I'll be pretty pissed. I don't see why the Hawks would pay the expenses to bring in 34 prospects (as of June 8th) for workouts if they are not even keeping the pick.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I hope the ASG either keep the pick or trade it for a veteran. If they sell it for cash I'll be pretty pissed. I don't see why the Hawks would pay the expenses to bring in 34 prospects (as of June 8th) for workouts if they are not even keeping the pick.

Plus, it doesn't save you money to sell the picks. Think of how much more money Phoenix has spent after giving away cheaper, younger players like Rajon Rondo and signing vets like Marcus Banks.

I dont think Ive ever noticed our workout schedule this organized before, its literally: shooting gaurds, forwards, combo gaurds, power forwards, Wings, small forwards, power forwards, then 2 even teams of 4 with 1 C, PF, SF and PG on each side.

Our staff will get a great head to head look in these workouts as the talent seems matched up very well size and skill wise.

Sund is heads above BK in running a team. Hopefully he is heads above him in putting together a evaluation of talent as well. We could use a solid pick this year.

Edited by Buzzard

Plus, it doesn't save you money to sell the picks. Think of how much more money Phoenix has spent after giving away cheaper, younger players like Rajon Rondo and signing vets like Marcus Banks.

I do not see us selling our pick at all; if anything trying to move up a few spots should someone knock our socks off during workouts. To many questions and not enough depth. We are not in the same position team wise or cap wise as the Suns were with Nash, Stoudamire, and Marion all on their payroll.