• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Picks in Mock Drafts Following the Lottery

AHF

• Moderators

DimeMag.com

24. Atlanta — Lance Stephenson, SG, Cincinnati

Insurance plan in case Joe Johnson leaves, and Lance could be taught to play some point guard.

<---- ((screams in abject horror))

He wasn't Born Ready for that! lol

Maybe somebody else knows better... did anybody see any semblance of passing skills from Lance at Cincy/HS/on a surface that wasn't blacktop?

~lw3

• Moderators

Found one person who'll vouch for his passing (or, at least, his alleys). From the Mickie D's All-American Game:

Derrick Favors took home McDonald's All-American MVP honors Wednesday.

Lance Stephenson and Derrick Favors have developed chemistry while competing on the summer circuit the last four years. They hooked up at various summer elite camps and all-star games, taking mental notes on each other's game.

Stephenson, a 6-foot-6 guard from Lincoln High in Brooklyn, N.Y., is known for his scoring, but Favors raved about his deft passing.

"He drives and dishes to the open man; he's unselfish," said Favors, a Georgia Tech-bound post player from South Atlanta (Atlanta, Ga.). "Lance is misunderstood sometimes; he's very intense and wants to always win."

It was a pair of Stephenson-to-Favors alley-oop dunks in the final 41.7 seconds which propelled the East over the West 113-110 on Wednesday at the University of Miami's BankUnited Center.

~lw3

<---- ((screams in abject horror))

He wasn't Born Ready for that! lol

Maybe somebody else knows better... did anybody see any semblance of passing skills from Lance at Cincy/HS/on a surface that wasn't blacktop?

~lw3

Him, Crawford, and Smoove? ESPN would start a Hawks network.

Shooters are almost always available late 1st even up to early 2nd based on the premium put on bigs and pgs. Good thing BK missed or ignored shooters/scorers throughout his career with us. Otherwise we may be duplicating another need LMAO.

In all seriousness; unless a PG or Big just drops in our laps, a shooter/scorer is the way to go to ensure getting decent value with the pick IMO. Hopefully we take the right one and not the reach.

Marvin is a "Shooter"..I mean he technically can shoot. He throws the ball up in the air and hopes it goes in.

Marvin is a "Shooter"..I mean he technically can shoot. He throws the ball up in the air and hopes it goes in.

I am with you in that Marvin will not pan out to be worth the 2nd pick in the draft. But I do think wIth the right coach he could be at least as good as a Prince in scoring, rebounding, and man defefense. He played that well in 2008/09 when he hit 14 ppg and 6 rpg; under the right coach I have no reason to think he can't do that again.

Even if MWill is not traded, we still need scorers. That was painfully obvious all season and was magnified twofold in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

Pre-draft measurements are available:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/

I know we can't get him but just as a local fan look at Derrick Favors.

6'10 w/shoes, 7'4" wingspan, 9'2" reach, 245 pounds and only 6.5 body fat. He's a bit raw but if he develops he could be like an Amare who actually defends his position.

Does the Desmond Mason comparison work for you? Mason never impressed me as an NBA player. To me comparing a first round pick to Mason is like saying, "the guy is great...think of him as the next Chris Crawford." (Well, not that bad but you get the point.)

What bothered me was the comment about him being "a jumpshot away from being a star". We have a whole team of players who would be stars if they could hit jump shots under pressure.

Has Jerome Jordan improved his game any? I am impressed at his physical stats. He stands 6'11 1/2 w/o shoes and seems to have picked up a little weight at 244lbs. Used to be listed at 235.

Edited by Blunt91

Has Jerome Jordan improved his game any? I am impressed at his physical stats. He stands 6'11 1/2 w/o shoes and seems to have picked up a little weight at 244lbs. Used to be listed at 235.

Will never be a good offensive player and is raw defensive, think Theo when he played for the Hawks.

MSNBC has us taking Alabi.

After what I've read about Alabi, I may consider him in the 2nd. Quincy Pondexter, Damion James, James Anderson and Dominique Jones all interest me greatly. I think Quincy Pondexter would be a perfect fit for a playoff team. He was IT for Washington. The unanimous leader of that squad.

Some measurements that stuck out to me:

The 2 UK guards (Wall and Bledsoe) both measured with good wing spans for their height. That helps their defensive projections.

James Anderson measured and inch too short to play SF. Maybe that helps him fall to #24.

Cousins standing reach is the tallest of any player at the combine at 9'5''............there will be alot of talk of him moving up to #2 or #3. He has the standing reach of guy 7'1''.

Vanardo was wearing some thick soled shoes. (I still like his shot blocking instincts and standing reach as a PF)

Edited by coachx

I know we can't get him but just as a local fan look at Derrick Favors.

6'10 w/shoes, 7'4" wingspan, 9'2" reach, 245 pounds and only 6.5 body fat. He's a bit raw but if he develops he could be like an Amare who actually defends his position.

If only Josh Smith could net us Derrick Favors. I would do that trade 8 days a week.

Here's players I like that may fall to us...

SHOOTING GUARD

Dominque Jones - rising

Paul George - rising fast

SMALL FORWARD

Craig Brackens - rising fast

Quincy Pondexter - rising

POWER FORWARD

Larry Sanders - mid first, around pick 20

CENTERS

Solomon Alabi - could fall fight before pick 24.

Dexter Pittman - second round grade

Edited by Kimsey

Here's players I like that may fall to us...

SHOOTING GUARD

Dominque Jones - rising

Paul George - rising fast

SMALL FORWARD

Craig Brackens - rising fast

Quincy Pondexter - rising

POWER FORWARD

Larry Sanders - mid first, around pick 20

CENTERS

Solomon Alabi - could fall fight before pick 24.

Dexter Pittman - second round grade

I'd love to move up and nab Paul George. If not, Quincy Pondexter intrigues me.